Love, the Hardest Way

15

I opened my eyes to the most painful sight...sunlight. Ahhh fuck, did it exist purely to torture me? We must have drunk shitloads last night; I never get hangovers this bad, what the fuck is going on? Ugh. I eventually managed to get myself somewhat decent and I traipsed down the stairs. It was still early in the morning, the sun was still low in the sky, completely blinding me and making my hangover that much worse. The only other person that was awake was Joe, who was stupidly chipper.
“Morning.”
“Nnnngh, paracetamol?”
“Haha, I thought you might need that. Here you go, and some water.”
“Thank fuck.”
I popped the pills and drank down the water, making my mouth feel a little less like the desert. After about 20 minutes of talking to Joe (I say talking and I really mean mumbling), the pain killers started to take affect and I was able to open my eyes all the way and sit up without it feeling like someone was taking an axe to my head.
“Hey Joe, you got the footage from last night? I can hardly remember a thing.”
“Ha, no wonder, you were definitely the most drunk. Here it is.” He said, pulling his camera out of its bag by his feet, he must have known that we would want to watch it.
We sat watching it, Joe fast-forwarding some boring bits and showing me the funniest bits. We really were absolutely gone last night. Now I can understand why my hangover was so bad. Then it got to the Spin the Bottle part of the night, which had some side-splitting consequences. Bam had to make out with Novak, Novak with Fish (which he enjoyed a little too much), Fish with me, me with Seth, Seth with Bambi, etc... there was more which Joe fast-forwarded until he got to one point. I was spinning the bottle, well, more like hitting it in the hopes it would magically spin, and guess who it landed on?
None other than Bam. As we both got up from our sitting positions and moved toward each other my stomach flipped, why was this reminding me of something? I kept my eyes glued to the screen and I watched mine and Bam’s mouths together, moving in synchronisation. First I felt annoyed, I got to make out with one of the hottest, sweetest guys I’d ever met and I couldn’t even remember it, damn alcohol! Second I felt embarrassment and relief, would anyone be able to tell from this that I possibly liked Bam a little *a fuck lot* (oi, brain, you can shut up now thanks). But no one could possibly jump to that conclusion, we were all drunk and even when they watched this, I could just blame the drunkenness.
By the time we had finished watching the footage, almost everyone was up and popping painkillers, drinking coffee and going over what they could remember of last night. Of course the only person not up was Bam, which I was secretly grateful of, I didn’t want him to watch the making out scene between us while I was there, I know I would go bright red and then Bambi and Fish would be able to read me like a book. To be honest, I’m quite surprised they hadn’t already. I guess I was better at hiding my feeling than I thought...even from myself.
“Hey guys. Bam’s still asleep. Once last prank on him? Just as a goodbye present?” I said loud enough for everyone to hear me.
“Hell fucking yeah.” Came the reply from basically everyone.
After getting everything ready for Bam’s farewell present, Joe got the camera ready and we snuck up to Bam’s room, where he was undoubtedly still asleep.
“OK, here’s what were going to go. You remember the cling film prank Bam pulled on Ryan Dunn?” I received nods from everyone, “Well this is going to be similar except we’re going to cling film him to the bed facing up, then prop the bed up against the wall.”
“That’s it?” Novak asked.
“No dumbass, but I don’t want to spoil the fun for the rest of you when you see what else I’ve got up my sleeve.”
“I swear, sometimes I actually think you’re worse than Bam.” Seth whispered, seeing as we right outside Bam’s door.
“I’ll take that as a compliment.” I smiled.
Opening the door, we saw Bam sprawled across his bed, somehow last night he had managed to strip down to his boxers. I really needed to stop seeing him like this; it was making my tummy flip and doing strange things to my heart beat. But it was perfect for our prank.
“Excellent, right: Seth, Novak, you’re in charge of turning him over and cling filming him to the bed and propping it up. Bambi, Fish and I will do the rest.”
As they got to work, us girls got out all our materials: hair extensions, make-up, permanent markers, handcuffs, nail polish, air horns and cameras. When the boys had finished their job we sent them out of the room, only wanting Joe to stay with us to film it all. We wanted it to be a surprise for the rest of them.
By the time we had finished on Bam, he had long blonde hair, complete make-over, nails painted and he was hand cuffed by his wrists to the bed posts (don’t worry, the cling film was holding him up so it wasn’t going to hurt his wrists). We all stood back and Bambi and Fish picked up their air horns while I picked up my camera, this would make a great for endless amusing conversations and the best blackmail ever. I’m an evil genius!
“3...2...1!” I yelled, as Bambi and Fish let loose with the air horns. Bam must have jumped a foot (or at least tried to under all that cling film) before he started looking around disorientated.
“What the fuck is going on?” He asked groggily.
“Well deary, you seemed to have slept in while everyone else woke up. And since we have to leave in a few hours, we thought we’d give you a wakeup call so that you could spend a little more time with the three best girls ever.” I said sweetly, too sweetly.
“Fuck...”
The funniest thing was the realisation on his face when we saw how far we’d gone. I showed him the picture of himself and his eyes almost popped out of their skull. Bloody hilarious
After a few more minutes of teasing, we bought the guys back up to see their reaction, they just fell to the floor laughing. We all eventually went back downstairs, leaving Bam where he was, the only thing I did to him was un cuff him, probably not a good idea in the long run. But I could tell there was something still amiss, I was forgetting one crucial piece of information about what happened the night before, but for the life of me I just couldn’t remember what it was.