Love, the Hardest Way

2

I was so engrossed in watching Viva La Bam that I hadn’t realised the time. It was now 3am and we had finished watching all 5 seasons of Viva La Bam plus the bonus cd’s. They had us all in stitches, especially when they fucked with Don Vito’s cars. All the way through watching it the three of us kept commenting on how we could do this, it wasn’t like it was exactly hard. All we had to do was cause mayhem and act stupid, that’s all we did anyway. And it seemed like people enjoyed what we did, every day we were getting more guests to our shabby little website which had all our videos and blogs.
We stayed up for the rest of the night talking about what we would do if we actually had a show like that. Who we could mess with, ideas for episodes, the opportunities this could present us with. But we all knew that it was all just wishful thinking. There was no way 3 girls with no particular talent except to be stupid could manage to get their own MTV show and have the same sort of success as Viva La Bam.
So we went back to our everyday lives: going out, shopping, working and making our videos. Sure they were definitely generating some interest from people in London, but we paid no attention to it. That is, until one day...
“Oh my holy jesus, mary and the donkey!!” Bambi screamed, running into the apartment where Fish and I were making dinner.
“What is it?!” Fish exclaimed, quickly getting excited at Bambi’s enthusiasm.
“It’s us!”
“What?” I asked, half laughing, as I made my way into the living room, where my best friends had their noses buried in a magazine, wide, disbelieving eyes staring at something in it.
“Us!” They both exclaimed, shoving the magazine straight into my face so close that I couldn’t see anything.
“No way.” I said, I thought for sure they were pulling my leg. There was no way we were in a magazine, we weren’t that well known. Nevertheless I pulled the magazine out of my face and pulled it far enough away that I could actually see the words printed on the page.
Up and coming IT girls on the London underground scene: Scarlet O’Connor, Emily Drake and Annie Fisher (aka Scar, Bambi and Fish) are definitely making their mark on the capital city. From their model looks and unique sense of style to their couldn’t care less attitude and Queens of Prank status, these girls are like nothing London has ever seen before. Check out their videos and blog on www.blogspot.com/ScarCount.
Following the article were several pictures of the three of you shopping, out with your dog Vex and even in the middle of blasting some kids in Regents Park with water guns.
“When on earth did they take these photos of us? I’ve never seen anyone with a camera around us!” I asked, not really able to wrap my head around the fact that we were featured in a famous national magazine, with our website mentioned.
“Who cares?!” Shouted Fish, laughing, “We’re famous!”
“Yeah! Oh man! We should do a load more stuff to put on the website now that loads more people are going to be visiting it!” Agreed Bambi, jumping up onto the sofa and bouncing up and down.
While they started doing victory dances and jumped around the apartment with Vex, I took the magazine into the kitchen, so I could keep an eye on dinner while a read and re-read the article.
I was still in shock by the time I got Fish and Bambi calmed down enough to eat. Though my silence did nothing to dampen the spirits of my two friends, they knew that I was probably still astonished at the news. But when it came to half way through the tub of Ben & Jerry’s I stood up and screamed and did a little dance.
“She finally gets it.” Bambi whispered loudly to Fish.
“Bout time too.” Fish whispered back, before they broke into fits of laughter and joined me in my dance around the living room.
Over the next few weeks, we had so many new experiences (we didn’t know this would only be the tip of the iceberg). More and more people would come up to us telling how much they loved what we did and we started to notice the photographers. Our boss at HMV completely loved us. Every day he had us on the front tills, as we were bringing so much business since somehow everyone seemed to know where we worked. The three of us though tried to keep our heads in real life. Without each other, we probably would have become stuck up bitches about the whole ‘fame’ thing. We joked about it and it kept us in our senses. I mean, it wasn’t like we were properly famous or anything, just a few articles in a few magazines, nothing major. The only thing we did different was start to up the amount of stupid stuff we did. From all the comments people were leaving on our website, they loved our stuff and only wanted more. So we gave them what they wanted.
We thought things couldn’t get much better than they were at that moment; everything seemed perfect and was just getting better as we went along.
That is, until we got what we like to call, The Call.....