Love, the Hardest Way

23

I had officially the best birthday ever of anyone in the entire world ever.
Turns out that Bam had talked to HIM and managed to get them to play for my birthday. How wonderful it must be to be friends with rockstars.
After performing, Bam and I, the girls and HIM all went to the bar and proceeded to get incredibly lashed. And the best part of it for me was that since it was my birthday, everyone was buying my drinks for me, hooray!
I woke up the next morning feeling very snuggly, although slightly scared to open my eyes or move a muscle in case it triggered the hangover to kick in. That’s when I felt a very familiar arm around me. Smiling to myself I slowly opening my eyes to see Bam looking at me with those stunning blue eyes.
“Morning.” I croaked, mouth feeling like a desert.
“Morning.” He laughed gently.
My tummy started trembling then; not in a bad ‘oh-god-get-me-to-a-bathroom’ way, but an excited butterfly feeling way. Just having him next to me, in bed, it seemed so right.
“Come on, let’s go get some food. I’m pretty sure everyone else is awake.” Bam said while getting up and stretching. He wasn’t wearing a shirt; I found I very hard not to let my eyes wander over his torso and down to his crotch tattoo.
By the time we had managed to get dressed and get downstairs, everyone, including the band members from HIM were finishing up eating what looked like waffles.
“Ohhhhh, waffles!” I said, heading straight to the bowl of batter to make some for myself and Bam.
They were the best waffles ever, whoever made the batter had put some cinnamon and vanilla in it and they tasted like little squares of heaven.
The rest of the day was spent lounging around in the house, watching movies, eating and sleeping. HIM left at about 5pm to catch their flight home. Bam’s flight was at about 2am. I decided to stay up with him, offering to drive him to the airport. We whiled away the time with Bam teaching me how to play poker, I was surprisingly good at it; I’d have to challenge someone to strip poker soon.
By the time it came to taking Bam to the airport I was getting quite sad. I’d had the most amazing week ever, topped by a birthday that no one would ever be able to outdo, all with the guy that I was head over heels for. I didn’t know when I was going to see him again after this.
At the check-in point, where I couldn’t go any further, I gave Bam a huge hug. *Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry* I kept thinking to myself.
“I’m gunna miss you.” Bam whispered into my hair.
“When am I next gunna see you? I might go crazy not having you to prank.” I replied.
“I don’t know, soon. I’ll think of something to get you back for everything then I’ll get you when you least expect it.” He laughed, causing me to as well.
“Have a safe flight.” I said, finally pulling away from him, looking into his eyes. Was he sad too? Or maybe I was just imagining it, I was so desperate for him to feel the same way that I was seeing things.
“I’ll text you when I’m back.” He promised.
And with that he walked through the gate and off to where he would be boarding his plane.