Love, the Hardest Way

29

It felt like that moment would last forever. Like the two of us were suspended in time, frozen in that exact position for forever. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Then the stillness was broken in the most unexpected yet perfect way. Before I knew what was happening, Bam’s lips had collided with my own, creating an explosion in my body. Praying that this wasn’t just another dream, I kissed back with everything I had. All the passion and love and lust that had been building up ever since we met were let loose. And for every feeling I put into the kiss, it seemed as though Bam was matching it exactly.
Finally, basic human need made me pull away. If didn’t need to breathe I could have gone on kissing him forever.
“Well, that was...interesting.” Bam whispered, his forehead resting against mine.
“Yeah...” I replied, still trying to catch my breath.
“I’ve wanted to do that ever since we met.” He stated boldly.
All I could do was smile. It seemed as if everything was finally falling in place, in a way that, for once, actually made me happy. I just kept my mouth shut, I knew I would ruin the moment if I tried to even attempt talking after a kiss like that.
“Scar? Say something.” Bam said, he started to look a little nervous.
But nothing I could say would be able to properly convey how I felt, so instead I decided to show him the way he showed me. I kissed him again. That exquisite experience that I wanted to never end.
I could feel him smile into the kiss, and wind his fingers through my hair, pulling me closer and making the kiss more intense.
I couldn’t believe this was finally happening. That all those hours of wishing he felt the same had actually paid off, and now here I was, kissing the most amazing man I’d ever met. It seemed surreal, too good; almost too good to be true.
“Is this real?” I whispered against his lips.
“What do you mean?” He asked, gently laughing.
“Is this actually happening? Or is it just another dream?”
“Another dream? You mean you’ve dreamt about us doing this?” He asked, pulling away fully and smirking at me.
This caused me to blush insanely, knowing that he had caught me out.
“Maybe.” I said quietly, ducking my head.
“Well that’s very flattering. And no, this isn’t a dream. This is definitely real. And even if it was a dream, as soon as I wake up I’m going to kiss you anyway.
He leaned in to kiss me again, but just as our lips were about to meet, the door crashing open sent us leaping to opposite sides of the sofa.
Fish and Bambi just had the most perfect timing didn’t they?
Note the sarcasm.