Love, the Hardest Way

3

Ever since ‘The Call’ things were more different than we could have ever imagined. Everything we had talked about that one night months ago seemed to be coming true. But it was all happening so fast; it almost seemed like a dream. At any moment I was going to wake up on the sofa with Bambi and Fish with the Viva La Bam DVD main page blaring at us. For me, at least, that’s when all of this started, with the Viva La Bam marathon. And now we were on our way down to the office to sort everything out.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. You probably have no idea what I’m on about. ‘The Call’ was actually a call from MTV UK. Don’t ask me how on earth they got our apartment phone number, but they did. Bambi was the only one in at the time, Fish and I had gone down to the shop to pick up ingredients for margheritas and cookie dough. When we got back, Bambi was just sat on the sofa staring at the phone. Fearing the worst I had dumped the bags I was carrying and rushed over to her, asking what was wrong. Fish was at our side in a flash. Quietly, Bambi explained that she had just been on the phone with Edward Simmonds (Me: I don’t know if there is actually an Edward Simmonds at MTV UK, but let’s just say there is.) and that he loved our style and attitude, that he had an offer for us but he would prefer to talk to us in person. He wanted us to come down to the MTV UK headquarters first thing in the morning.
After Bambi told us all of this, we all sat there with the same shocked expression across our faces. It must have been a full 10 minutes before any of us came to our senses. And pretty soon we were running around our apartment like maniacs, making margheritas and dancing to cKy full blast. My dad called us rainbow moshers. We all had a love for any type of music that was loud, in any of our rooms you would be able to find anything from cKy, Turbonegro and HIM to The Blackout, Family Force Five and 3OH!3.
The next day we went to the office, jittering with excitement and anxiously hyper. We were all hoping beyond hope that this was what we thought it would be. Sitting down in the meeting room in front of those executives was the most nerve wracking thing I think we’d ever done. That is, until the man at the head of the table started talking. He introduced himself as Edwards Simmonds who Bambi talked to on the phone, but he preferred Edy (Pronounced Eddie). His attitude completely relaxed the whole atmosphere.
The whole meeting took a few hours, but it was about exactly what we hoped it would be. MTV UK wanted the three of us to star in our own show! They said that they wanted something similar to the show Viva La Bam, because it was such a success, but with a bit of English flair. We would have full artistic control over it; all we needed to do is make sure that we kept Edy up to date with what we wanted to do.
Suddenly we were thrown into a whirlwind of business. We had to give in our resignation at HMV, much to our boss’s dismay, we were given a huge and amazing penthouse apartment in the middle of London to live in, so we had to move into that, and make sure Vex was all settled into the new place. And meetings, endless meetings to get everything up and running. Pretty soon we would be filming the promo slot for TV to advertise our show. Bambi, Fish and I were beyond excited; we had a million and one ideas for what we wanted to for it. It was only made harder because of the fact that we weren’t allowed to tell anyone about it, only our immediate family, but absolutely no one else. That was definitely the hardest part.
So that’s everything, you’re all caught up. Now on with what happened next.