Love, the Hardest Way

35

It had been a month. A month was 30 days too long to go without seeing Bam. I had plenty to keep me busy though; Bambi and Fish’s thank you party went off without a hitch, it actually became the party to be seen at. It was weird the attention we got from our show, it still didn’t seem real.
And now we were half way through filming the next season. We decided that we had done enough of travelling around the world for the show, so we would stick to travelling around our own amazing little country. We had big plans for our last few episodes; they would take place in Edinburgh, Dublin, Cardiff, Manchester and of course, London. But however much I worked, planned, played and tried to distract myself, it couldn’t stop me from thinking about Bam.
Of course we talked on the phone, texted and skyped constantly, but that wasn’t the same as the feel of his warm arms wrapped around me, or the sensation of his lips against mine. I didn’t know how much longer I could take it.
“I can’t take this any longer!” Bambi cried out one day a few weeks later.
“What do you mean?” I asked, passing her a cup of tea.
“You’re moping. I know you trying not to but it’s obvious you miss Bam like crazy.”
“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to be so mopey. You know I hate when girls act like this but I can’t help it.”
“Well it is understandable. I mean, you do luuurve him.” She said in a teasing tone.
I blushed, I hadn’t told Bambi and Fish that I was in love with him, I didn’t know how they would react.
“Oh my god, you do love him!” She yelled.
“What’s going on?” Fish shouted, running into the kitchen.
“Scar is in love with Bam!” Bambi shouted back.
“No way!” Fish continued yelling.
“OK, guys, please stop with the yelling.”
“Well we shouldn’t be surprised, I mean, we both knew it would happen.” Bambi continued in a normal tone.
“Exactly, it was only a matter of time before she realised what we’ve known what would happen all along.”
“Guys, I am still here.” I interjected.
“Why didn’t you tell us?” Fish asked, turning towards me.
“Because I didn’t know how you would take it, I mean, it’s happened so quickly.”
“Quickly? Sweety, we’ve known Bam for ages; it’s actually happened a lot slower than I thought it would.”
I just smiled at my friends, I should have known that they wouldn’t be shocked at the idea, they were the ones who’ve kept telling me that Bam and I should be together.
“But what do I do now? I’m not sure how much longer I can go without seeing him.” I said.
“You still talk to him though right?” Fish asked.
“Yeah, all the time.”
“So, what you do is keep doing what you’re doing know. We finish the season; have a week of R&R, then do what Bam always does to you.”
“Which is?”
“Turn up on his doorstep and surprise him.” Fish smiled.
“That’s actually not a bad idea.”