Love, the Hardest Way

37

“Scarlett!” Bam yelled, running towards me and scooping me up in his strong arms.
“Wow, I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard you use my full name.” I laughed, wrapping my own arms securely around his neck.
“I missed you.”
“I missed you too, why do you think I flew all the way out here? To see Novak?”
“I was about to snap and get the next plane to London, but here you are.” Bam was beaming.
“Here I am. Making up for all the times you’ve surprised me.” I laughed, returning the smile.
Bam set me back on my feet and held me at arm’s length, as if he were examining me.
“Uhh Bam, watcha doing?” I asked, eyeing him curiously.
“It’s been too long since I’ve seen your sexy body; I want to look at it again.” He said, turning me around, I could just tell he was staring at my ass.”
“Bam stop looking at my ass.”
He just laughed at me, spinning me round again. I was starting to get dizzy.
“And now for what I missed the most.” He said softly, pulling me gently towards his chest.
“Hmm?” Was all I could manage in response.
His reply was to simply thread his fingers through my hair and pull my face closer to his.
“All I’ve been able to think about was that last day we spent together. Those kisses, the way your skin feels, and that night.” He whispered against my lips.
My heart was fluttering madly. This man really knew how to make me melt. He hadn’t forgotten or regretted anything like I feared. If anything, he was as happy and relieved as I was that the other had reciprocating feelings.
“Just shut up and kiss me.” I mumbled, not being able to bear the distance, however minute, between us any longer.
“With pleasure.”