Love, the Hardest Way

38

The next morning I woke to a softly sleeping Bam next to me. Smiling, I got up and padded down to the kitchen for a cup of tea.
Looking back, I couldn’t believe how fast the time went by; it seemed like only yesterday that I was graduating university with my two best friends. Now here I was: living with my best friends and our dog in an amazing apartment in the best city in the world, on a successful TV show with said best friends, and now I was with an incredible man. Who just happened to be gorgeous, famous, hilarious, an idiot and a giant softy.
But where we actually together or was I getting ahead of myself. I mean yes we had expressed our feelings for each other, verbally and physically ...quite physically. But we hadn’t actually discussed what we were. I mean, for all I know, he could like me but only want something casual, a fuck buddy perhaps.
My stomach dropped a little at that thought. I didn’t want to be just another conquest.
Just when I was really beginning to work myself up by overanalysing I heard a pair of feet descending the stairs into the kitchen.
“Morning gorgeous.” Came Bam’s croaky morning voice.
“Morning to you too.” I put on a smile.
“Is that coffee?” Bam asked hopefully.
“Sorry sweets, this is good old English tea.”
“Need fucking coffee.” Bam slumped into a chair and dropped his head onto the wooden table surface, not attempting to make any move to make himself some coffee. So I made it for him, cause I’m nice like that.
I put the mug in front of him and as soon as he heard it hit the table his head shot up and his hands wrapped around the mug. He took 3 quick gulps of the hot liquid before setting it down again and smiling.
“Much better. Thank you.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap, giving me a deep, soft kiss that would have made my knees go weak if I wasn’t sitting down. That bought out a genuine, unworried smile on my behalf.
If that’s the thanks I get for making coffee then maybe I’ll be making dinner as well.
He just smirked at me knowingly. I smirked back.
And so the weeks went by without me even realising. Bam kept me entertained by day and I kept him entertained by night. There was hardly a moment we weren’t together.
We took a trip to New York for a weekend and by Monday morning pictures of us together were splashed inside the tabloids. It seemed as if the public were beginning to speculate on a relationship between us.
I still didn’t know what exactly we were to each other. I didn’t have the guts to bring up the conversation. I knew from experience that whenever the ‘relationship’ topic is bought up, guys get freaked out and think you’re being way too clingy. That seemed to be the outcome in all of my interactions with guys. There was no way I was bringing it up with Bam.
And that’s when he really surprised me.