Love, the Hardest Way

40

“He what?” Bambi gasped.
“He asked me to move in with him.” I repeated, letting a tiny smile slip through my serious expression.
“Do it.” Fish exclaimed.
“Guys, I can’t just do it. I’ve got so many things I’ve got to take into consideration. You, firstly; how could I ever leave my friends? Or my family. Our job is based here. What about Vex?” I rattled off, voicing the thoughts that plagued by brain since I got on the plane home.
“Well, actually, there was some news while you were with Bam.” Bambi started.
“Yeah, Edy gave us a call about a week ago saying he needed to talk to all three of us.” Fish added.
“Did he say what it was about?”
“Not really, but he did mention something about relocation.”
“Relocation? What the fuck does that even mean?”
“Not sure yet. But we’ve got a meeting in a couple of days.”
“OK then.”
We continued the topic of Bam asking me to move in with him, discussing why he would ask, why so soon, if I did go would I like it. The girls were very thoughtful and encouraging, saying that I should do what I want instead of worrying what they want. But they were so much a part of me I couldn’t help it.
When the meeting with Edy finally rolled around I was completely on edge. Not only about the Bam situation but also about what Edy could have meant by relocation. Was our show being moved to a different time, different channel, different headquarters?
“Morning girls, sorry we couldn’t just discuss this on the phone, but I wanted to make sure I had everything in place before we met up.” Edy greeted us.
“No problem Edy. But what is it? We’ve been paranoid about what it could be ever since you called Bambi and Fish.” I asked while we all sat down.
“Well, as you know that your show has been a huge success both here and overseas. So I got a call a few months ago from MTV headquarters in the US...”
“Yeah, and?” All three of us asked, sitting on the edge of our seats.
“They were asking about whether you would want to move your show stateside.”
“Pardon.” Bambi managed to choke.
“They’re asking if you three would like to move out to the USA and continue your show there. You’d have pick of where, a bigger crew, you get to choose a new house, you’d have a bigger budget and a pay raise, you could take Vex with you, they’d provide plane tickets for family at any time you wanted.”
“So you’re saying if we accepted, we would get to choose where we would live and film?” Fish asked.
“Yeah.”
“And we can literally choose anywhere?” Bambi questioned.
“Anywhere in the continental USA.” Edy clarified.
“Well this is a huge opportunity. We need some time to think about it.” Fish told Edy while standing up, indicating that the meeting was over.
“Take your time with the decision girls, there’s no rush.”
We walked out of there, I still hadn’t managed to say anything. If we took it, we could move to West Chester, I could move in with Bam, still be with my friends and still have the show. But I could never ask the girls to move there just for me.
“I say we do it and we choose West Chester.” Fish stated as soon as we walked through our front door.
“I second that decision.” Bambi backed her up.
“Guys, I could never ask you to do that. Wouldn’t you rather go somewhere like LA or New York?”
“Hell no, you know I hate busy places.” Bambi said.
“Yeah, and there’s no way we’d manage to prank anyone there cause its ten times more likely we’ll be recognised there. You saw how easily Bam was able to pull off his pranks back in the day. No one would expect it to happen again in the same town...by girls.” Fish did have a point.
“Plus, with Bam and his crew around, we’d be able to make it the mayhem capital of the world.
“You guys would really choose West Chester?”
“Of course sweety. It benefits all of us, it’s just good luck that your lover boy lives there.”
“You guys are seriously the best.” I whispered, on the verge of tears.
“We know.” They chorused, and gave me a huge hug.