Love, the Hardest Way

41 - End

Bam was ecstatic, to say the least. I called him a week later after we met with Edy and the MTV producers to discuss everything and we told them where we wanted to go, all that was left was to get absolutely everything in order.
So, naturally, Bam got on the first plane to London to help. Which was more like him trying to pry me away from getting stuff done to move into the bedroom. Not that it wasn’t highly tempting, even if I did give in a few times, I had to get ready to move continents.
All of our parents had similar reactions. They were thrilled that our job had given us this amazing opportunity, but they were so sad to see us leaving; before, they were a half hours drive away; now they’ll be a very long plane ride between us.
Vex had to be put into quarantine, which he wasn’t best pleased about. But it had to be done if we wanted to take him with us; which we absolutely had to. He was part of the family.
We hadn’t found a new Scar Count house yet. But Bam said that we could stay at his when we first got out there while we were looking at places. I of course, would be looking purely for filming reasons, seeing as I already had a new home in West Chester. Something that Bam loved to bring up at every possible moment. It seemed as though he couldn’t get over the idea of us living together. I knew Bambi and Fish would get a place nearby, because they’re awesome like that and the area that Bam lived in had some amazing houses.
All too soon the day arrived. The last of our belongings had been shipped to Bam’s house. Our bags were packed and Vex was sent to the animal transport section of the plane. We were saying goodbye to our parents at the gate. About to start a whole new life in the USA. It was insanely scary and amazingly exhilarating.
The plane ride went off without a hitch. Bam, who had been up all night the night before, feel asleep straight away. Which left me free to gossip with my best friends. We came up with ideas for the new season of the show, decided what we wanted in the new house (even though only Bambi and Fish would be living there), and where we would go first on our first shopping spree of New York, only a few hours away.
And then we were there; Bam pulled us over to baggage claim, dragged us to animal pickup, hauled us through customs and finally towed us out of the main doors where we were met by a blue Hummer.
“Well well well, we meet again Miss Rainbow Brite.” I heard Novak say as he stepped out of the driver’s seat.
“Afternoon Novak.” Fish replied.
“I hear rumour that you’re living in little old West Chester now.”
“You heard right.”
“Well then I may just have to show you around then.”
“We’ll see Novak.” Fish scoffed, but I’m sure I could see a hint of a smile there.
“Dude, she’s been here one fucking minute, at least leave the sleazing until we get back to the castle. Now let’s go.”
“Sir, yes sir.” Novak saluted and grabbed a suitcase, throwing it in the back of the Hummer.
We all followed suit and before long we were pulling out of the airport.
It didn’t take long to get to Bam’s house with Novak’s maniac driving. Vex was barking excitedly all the way there, so we let him out as soon as the wheels stopped rolling.
We got inside and the place was a mess of boxes.
“All your shit arrived yesterday.” Novak said carelessly as he made his way to the Pirate Bar.
“Awesome.” We chorused, looking at the sea of cardboard.
“Well, we better get this sorted out.” Bambi said, clapping her hands together.
“Agreed.”
It took the three of us plus Bam to get most of the stuff put away temporarily until we got a house. Our first day in a new country and we had to spend all of it moving heavy boxes. Joy.
In the evening Bambi and Fish went to their rooms to get set up in there, leaving Bam and I alone in the living room.
“I can’t believe I’m here.”
“I can, and I’m so fucking happy its happened.” Bam wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest.
“Me too.” I just smiled. This all seemed to good to be true.
“What time is it?” I asked, suppressing a yawn.
“Shit, it’s three a.m.”
“Haha, fuck, we’ve been moving shit for almost nine hours. No wonder I’m so tired.”
“Same here. Come on, let’s go to bed.” Bam stood up, holding his hand out for me to take.
I grabbed it and he lead the way to his room...our room.
Quietly, we got changed and got his bed...our bed.
Just as Bam turned out the lights he turned to me.
“Hey Scar?”
“Yeah Bam?”
“Welcome home.” I could hear the smile in his voice.
I just kissed him and fell asleep in his arms.

Fin