When Everything Gets Crazy, I Get Lost In You.

Chapter 30.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Adam is going to kill me.

I was supposed to meet him and the rest of his bandmates, and their wives and kids at the band rehearsal space two hours ago. How the hell am I going to explain being this late?

To be completely honest, I was shopping and lost track of time. Of course, that's not a very good excuse as far as excuses go. It's not like I'm fucking Princess Diana and I was off teaching orphans or something. That would be a way better excuse. 'Sorry babe, I was in Africa giving kids water and mosquito nets. I tried to get here as fast as possible.' Yup, that's way better.

I wheel into the parking lot of the rehearsal space and see everyone else's car's already there. Of course. No one else could have been late too. I park next to Brad and Rhonda's car and grab my purse.

I run as quickly as I can in my sky high heels across the parking lot, teetering the whole way. I see Brad, his brother Matt, and Barry standing outside the door smoking and watching me with amused looks on their faces.

"Out of the way, out of the way!" I yell to them as I approach. As long as I'm going fast I have pretty good balance in these shoes, but I don't want to have to slow down and lose momentum.

Matt reaches out and grabs the door for me as I run past them.

"Watch the steps," Brad says. Right at that second I see stairs going down. Oh shit.

I manage to throw on the brakes just enough to make it down the stairs without falling... Until I get to the last step. My ankle wobbles a little then goes out completely, sending me ass over elbows down to the landing.

"Ah!" I scream. I sit on my ass stunned for a few seconds. The door at the top of the stairs swings open and all three guys come running down towards me.

"You OK?" Brad asks me.

"I think so. My ankle just went out."

"No surprise."

"Up you go," Barry says to me. Both he and Matt grab me under my armpits and haul me back up, and set me on my feet again.

"Now just slow down, Speed Racer," Matt says to me.

"I'm late," I tell him, as if that's supposed to explain everything.

"Too much information."

"Not that late, Matty," Brad says to him, shaking his head.

"Oh." I roll my eyes at them and start down the next set of stairs with Barry following close behind, probably ready to grab me if I start to go down again. If I do start to fall again I can see him having to grab my hair to keep me up because there is nothing on the back of this sweater to grab.

Once I'm safely down the stairs I start running again. This time towards Adam who is having a conversation with Neil. I see all of the girls and the kids sitting around talking and playing.

"Hey Sophie," I hear Janin say as I sprint past.

"Hi," I say out of breath, not stopping.

Adam turns around and looks at me running, and he doesn't look as amused as the others did upstairs.

I hit the brakes in front of him and crash into his body.

"Hi," I say to him with the same breathless tone as before.

"You're late."

"I fell on the stairs."

"That's why you're two hours late?"

"No. I lost track of time."

"Are you OK?"

"Huh?"

"When you fell, are you OK? You didn't hurt yourself?"

"Oh, no I'm fine."

"Well you missed most of rehearsal. We're only going to do one or two more songs, then we're gonna go get something to eat."

"OK."

"You can go sit with the others."

"I'm sorry I'm late," I tell him.

"Yeah." He turns and walks off to join the guys.

I sigh and go over to where the others are sitting. We all talk for a minute, and I grab Brad's son James and sit him on my lap.

"How are you, my sweet?" I ask him, kissing his neck and holding his little hands. He giggles.

"Are you good?" I ask. I tickle him and give him more kisses, bouncing him on my knees.

"Can I have a kiss?" I ask him. He leans back and gives me a kiss on my cheek, causing all the girls to aw at him.

"I love you little man James."

"I love you." I rest my chin on his little shoulder and smile at the girls.

"Could he be any sweeter?"

"I think he gets it from his daddy," Brad says, coming up behind Rhonda. She snorts a laugh.

"Well he certainly doesn't get it from his Uncle Matt."

"He doesn't get anything but good looks from your side of the family," she tells him.

"Oh, burn." We all laugh at Brad.

"I don't know, I think he's gonna be a little rock n' rolla just like his daddy," Heather says. I kiss James' cheek.

"Do you wanna be like your daddy?" I ask him. I notice that the guys appear to be wrapping up rehearsal, and Adam is putting his leather jacket on. James nods his enthusiastically and I laugh.

"Are you hungry? Do you wanna go get something to eat?" He looks at his mom and she nods approvingly at him.

"Yes!" I laugh again.

"Alright sweet thing, lets get something to eat then."

"You're so good with the kids, Sophie. When are you and Adz going to have a few of your own?" Heather asks me.

"I could ask you the same thing, H," I tell her with a wink, watching as Rhonda puts James hooded sweatshirt on him.

"No seriously," Janin pipes in.

"We already have a kid. A big one with more drama than one of these guys will ever have!" I laugh. Adam walks past us without saying a word, carrying a guitar case in his hand. I can tell he's still mad at me for being late.

"What would you do with Jack if you had kids?" Rhonda asks.

"I don't know. I can't imagine not having him live with us, you know? He's been with us for so long now."

"He would be good with kids."

"He would either be really good with them or really bad," I say, making them laugh. "I haven't completely decided yet."

"Let's go ladies," Neil says to us as he walks past.

"Besides," I say as we follow him up the stairs. "why would I want to have a brood of my own when I can just take over yours whenever I feel like it?" I say, picking up James and propping him on my hip.

"Well you can feel free to take them any time you want," Janin says with a laugh.

When we get out to the parking lot I hand James off to Brad and go over to where Adam is standing next to his car talking to Barry and Matt.

"Do you want to ride together?" I ask him.

"Uh, lets just ride separately. I don't want to have to come back here to get my car."

"OK," I say quietly. "I'll just follow you then." He nods and we all go off and get in our cars. I watch Adam light a cigarette when he gets in his car, putting it between his lips as he backs out.

When we get to the restaurant we sit at a large table in the middle of the room. Adam sits next to me with his arm around the back of my chair, but he doesn't say much to anyone for the whole meal. I feel bad because he's upset with me, but I'm really hoping that he gets over it soon.

After we get done eating we all hang out and talk for another hour, then we leave.

"I'll see you back at the house," I say to Adam as we walk across the parking lot.

"Yup." I get in my car and sigh to myself.

"You've really done it now, Sophie," I tell myself as I back out and follow Adam's car out of the parking lot. My cell phone rings in my purse as we drive along. I grab it out and look at the caller ID. Billie.

"Hey mama bear," I say to her.

"What are you doing?"

"Following Adz home from GL's." I tell her the whole story about how I was late meeting him, and falling down the stairs, and him giving me the silent treatment.

"My suggestion to you is to try and talk to him when you get home. Apologize to him for being late because it was obvious that this must have been important to him, and that next time you'll respect his time more and try to be on time."

"And if that doesn't work?"

"You get dressed up in your best slut clothes and make something happen." I laugh.

"I'm serious. He'll be putty in your hands."

"Alright, I'll try it. We're pulling in right now. I'll talk to you later."

"I love you. Good luck." I hang up with her and shake my head.

Adam gets out of his car and gets his guitar case out of the backseat, and goes into the house without a word to me. I follow him inside.

Jack is sitting on the couch eating something and watching TV when we come in. Adam goes into Jack's room to take care of the guitar, and I sit down on the couch next to Jack.

"How was rehearsal?" Jack asks Adam.

"Fine," he answers with a little shrug. Jack looks at me.

"What's his problem?" I lean down to start taking my shoes off, not answering him. He gets up and goes into the kitchen to take care of his plate while Adam takes off his jacket and sits on the couch.

"Babe, I'm sorry I was late today. I honestly just lost track of time, I promise it won't happen again," I say to him. He doesn't look away from the TV.

"It's not a big deal. It was just one of those things, you know. Everyone else was there, and you were supposed to be there and you weren't. It was just like, where were you?"

"I was shopping. I was at the mall, and you know they don't keep clocks in those places. I just lost track of time. It won't happen again."

"Whatever," he says. I can tell he's trying to convince me that he's not upset, but it's so obvious that he is.

Jack comes and sits down in between Adam and I, and the two of them decide that they're going to play video games. I sit and watch them for a while, not really paying attention, thinking about the day. I finally decide to go with Billie's advice.

I get up and go into my bedroom and close the door behind me without saying anything to the guys. I go into the walk-in closet and dig through my lingerie drawer until I find a matching black lace bra and panties set and some black thigh high stockings that have black lace around the top. I grab one of Adam's white button down shirts off of a hanger and take all of the stuff into the bathroom to change. When I'm done I take care of my other clothes and put on some black stilettos, then go back in the bathroom to do my hair and make-up.

I freshen up my eyeliner and mascara, then slather on lots of clear lip gloss to my already plump lips. After I fluff my hair up so that it's big and sexy, I light a bunch of candles around the room. I pop open one of the buttons on Adam's shirt so that my cleavage is on high display, then I grab my cell phone and dial a number. Jack answers on the third ring.

"Yo," he says.

"Yo yourself, do me a favor and don't call me by my name, OK?"

"Yeah."

"Be discreet."

"Yeah."

"I need you to do me another favor."

"Yeah man." I roll my eyes.

"Can Adam tell who you're talking to?" There's a short silence.

"No clue."

"OK good, now listen. I need you to get lost for a couple hours."

"How long?"

"I don't know. A couple hours. Can you do that?"

"Yeah man, I'm on my way right now."

"Thank you so much. I owe you."

"Yes you do."

"OK bye," I say, hanging up and shutting my phone off for the night.

I run over and stick my ear against the bedroom door, listening as Jack tells Adam that he needs to go help Mike do something and that he won't be home for a couple hours. I wait while I listen to Jack putting his coat on and leave the house, then I grab the house phone and dial Adam's cell phone.

"Yeah?"

"Could you come in here for a second please?"

"Hang on just a second."

"OK." I hang up the phone and run over to the desk chair, and sit in a relaxed way with my legs crossed.

A second later Adam comes in, stopping when he sees what I've done with all of the candles. He turns and looks at me in the chair, and gives me a look that only two people who have shared a bed together for the last two years can exchange.

I haul myself up out of the chair as sexily as I can and walk over to him, brushing my breasts against his chest, then backing up a step so there's some distance between us. He watches me with the same look on his face, then he puts his hand on my face lightly and leans down and kisses me.

When we separate he looks down at me again.

"You make it hard to stay mad at you, you know that?" He's resting his forearm casually on my shoulder, playing with my hair with his fingers.

He rubs his hands on my arms and I lean my face back to kiss him again. He cups my hips in his hands and pushes me back against the wall next to the bed, still kissing me. I reach out and grab the bottom hem of his shirt and start pulling it up. We part for a short second as I pull it the rest of the way off of him, then he re-covers my mouth with his, tearing at the buttons on my shirt. I put my hand flat on his chest and push him away from me, and slowly start to unbutton the shirt myself while he watches.

Once I have it undone he tears it from my body quickly. I waste no time in unsnapping his jeans and letting them fall to his ankles while he continues kissing me. He picks me up then and carries me over to the bed, laying me down on it. I crawl on top of him and lay there for a few minutes, just kissing his neck and throat and chest, then I sit up and massage him in my hands for a second. His reaction is immediate, and I can feel his whole body shudder under me.

He pulls me down against him and kisses my lips again, reaching back and un-clasping my bra. I sit up again and pull the bra from my body and toss it to the side of the room, then press myself against him again. He rolls me over onto my back and lays soft, gentle kisses across my chest and shoulders, moving down over my breasts and my stomach, increasing the pressure the lower he gets. I shiver as he kisses my right hip bone, then traces his tongue along the top edge of my panties, laying another kiss on my other hip.

In one quick motion he removes my panties and it becomes obvious to me that his hands are now going to take over for his mouth. He moves his fingers over me with deliberate motions that he knows are driving me to my breaking point, only touching me with his tongue for very short periods. I'm breathing very heavily under him, gripping his short hair in my fingers.

He pushes my legs apart and slips in between them, putting one of his legs on the outside of mine. I feel his hands on the bed beside me as he pushes into me gently, then starts thrusting. Our bodies move together well and I watch his face as his orgasm comes. I smile to myself and then get pulled away from watching as I feel my own tear through my body. I moan loudly and see him look at me for approval. I give him a quick nod when I'm finished and he pulls out and lays on his back, both of us panting.

Once my breathing has returned to normal I roll over onto my stomach and grab my pack of cigarettes that is sitting on my night stand. I take one out of the pack and put it between my lips, and light it. When I look over at Adam I see that he's still breathing pretty hard. I exhale and laugh at him raspily, and he looks over at me with the same look as he had earlier before we were both naked.

He reaches over and grabs the wrist of the hand that is holding the cigarette and brings it over to him. I put it in his mouth and watch as he inhales, then turns his head away from me and blows the smoke out of his mouth. I take another hit and he watches me.

"Everybody loves you, and you have no idea," he says. I smirk and cock my head at him.

"You have this light, this energy. When you walk into a room you steal everyone's attention. And you don't notice it, but I do. I've seen it happen time after time. They don't mean it, but everyone is just captured by you." I take another hit off the cigarette and give him a beaming smile and a little raspy laugh.

"Everybody wants you. Just a little piece of you."

"You're very philosophical after you've been laid," I tell him. He takes my cigarette from me and I listen to the quiet singe as he inhales from it. He hands it back to me.

"You're perfect."

"You're perfect. Perfect to me," I say, taking another hit. He puts his arm under my body and grabs one of my wrists.

"Put that out," he says, motioning towards the cigarette. I reach over and put it out in the ashtray, and he pulls me over so that I'm on top of him. I lay with my head on his shoulder, breathing on his neck.

"You're forgiven."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually really like this chapter. I don't know why.
It's just a filler, I guess. Like all my chapters really.
Sophie's outfit.
Enjoy.
Comments are love.
Morgan.