When Everything Gets Crazy, I Get Lost In You.

Chapter 38.

Adam and I get out of the car at the hospital and head inside together, holding hands. I look over at him, wearing his leather jacket. His hair is starting to grow out after he cut it so short a while ago.

"We look like an episode of Mob Wives," he says to me, holding the door open for me to go through. I look down at myself, wearing a fake leopard print jacket and laugh.

"We could start calling you Joonya," I say in a fake New York accent. He grins.

"Joonya."

"What would my name be?" I ask. He looks like he's thinking as we walk across the front area of the hospital.

"You would be Drita." I burst out laughing, which makes him laugh too. People stare at us cracking up as we get in the elevator and push the button to take us up to the floor that Jackie and Austin are on with the babies.

It's been two weeks since the twins were born, and today they're finally being released from the hospital. Adam and I came in to help with anything they need us to do, then we're going to go to the apartment with them and hang out for a little while.

Since the twins are still going to need to come into the hospital pretty much every day after they get released, for check-up's and things like that, Austin and Jackie decided that they would live in the apartment until the twins are alright and don't need constant medical checks. Then they will start looking for a house with more room for the five of them.

Adam pulls me against him in the elevator and leans back against the wall, kissing me playfully. The doors open a few seconds later, and we step out and take the now familiar walk to Jackie's hospital room.

"Knock knock," Adam says as we walk in. Jackie is sitting up in bed, dressed in her regular clothes, holding one of the babies. Austin and his parent's are standing nearby, and Austin's mother is holding the other baby.

"Hi!" Jackie says to us. We come in and give both her and Austin hugs.

"Adam, here, take Little Adam so I can get a picture of him with his namesake," Jackie says, holding the baby out to him. Adam gives me a look and then walks over and takes the baby from her. She picks up her camera and holds it up in front of her, aiming it at the two of them.

Adam looks down at the baby and smiles. He's holding him very carefully. Just like he did when he held Baby Austin for the first time, and he's looking just as nervous. Of course, this isn't the first time he's held Baby Adam.

Austin's mother hands me little Karma as Jackie snaps the picture of Adam and the baby.

"You aren't going to puke on me like your big brother did, are you?" Adam says to the baby, making us all laugh. Jackie looks at the picture on her camera.

"That's great. Now Sophie, you get in there with Karma and I'll get one of the four of you," she says, waving her arm towards Adam. I step over and stand next to Adam and we both smile at the camera as she snaps the picture.

"I love it," she says with a smile.

"Just as long as you're happy, J," Adam tells her, handing Baby Adam off to his father.

"I am happy. I get to take my babies home today and be back in my own bed."

"Your mom is with Austin then?" I ask.

"Yes. They're waiting at the apartment for us." I nod.

"When do you get to blow this popsicle stand?" Adam asks Austin.

"Soon. We're waiting for the nurse to get all of the paperwork around, which she just left to do before you guys got here," he says.

We all hang out and talk until the nurse comes back with a wheelchair for Jackie, and tells them that the paperwork is ready for them to sign. Adam and I stay with the babies, while they go to sign the release paper's. And Austin's parent's go down to pull the car around for them.

It's two weeks before Thanksgiving, which is about the same time two years ago that I was in the hospital after losing my baby. It's a little surreal being back under such different circumstances. I look over at Adam and see him looking down at Karma, who he's holding in his arms.

Austin comes in a second later and tells us that it's time to go, so we load the babies into their carriers and take them downstairs to Austin's SUV. After they're all loaded up, we head back to Adam's car and follow them out of the lot towards their apartment.

They get there before we do, and are already inside when we get up to the apartment. They're showing the babies to Little Austin, who seems kind of confused. He came to the hospital a couple times and met the babies, but I think he just assumed that they were something that just came with the whole hospital experience.

Adam bends down and picks up Little Austin and sits on the couch with him in his lap.

"What's up little man?" he asks him. Austin looks up at the ceiling with his mouth hanging open. Adam looks up too and smiles.

"What do you see up there, bud?" The baby starts going off in his baby gibberish.

"Is that so?" I laugh at them and sit down next to them.

Jackie's mother shows us all the two cribs that she set up in Austin and Jackie's bedroom for the twins so that they won't have to get up and go across the whole house to deal with them in the middle of the night, and so that Little Austin can still have his own room and not have to worry about crying and waking them up. In my opinion, I don't think Austin would be that worried about waking the babies up no matter where they sleep. But what do I know about kids?

"Well babe, what do you think?" I say to Adam after an hour.

"Yeah. We should probably get going so these guys can get some sleep," he says, motioning to the babies who are laying on the couch looking tired.

"Yup." We stand up then.

"You're leaving?" Jackie says to us.

"Yeah. These guys look tired, and you guys probably have a lot you want to do now that you're back in your own house." Both her and Austin stand up and give us hugs, and walk us to the door.

"Thanks for everything, you guys," Jackie says, giving me another hug.

"No problem. I'll stop by sometime tomorrow and drop off all the shit I've bought for the twins," I say with a laugh.

"Oh God, you didn't need to buy a bunch of stuff."

"Yeah well. I don't have any plans for having my own babies, so I have to spoil yours until then."

"Yeah, when our kids are born that's when the money train stops for yours," Adam says jokingly.

"I'll keep that in mind," Austin says. "When Adz's kids are born, get a job." Adam punches him in the shoulder and Jackie and I roll our eyes.

"We'll see you guys later," I say to them.

"Bye. Thanks again for everything."

"No problem."

"Love you guys!" Jackie says to us as we start walking out the door.

"Love you too."

After we get home from Austin and Jackie's, Adam comes in and starts a fire in our electric fireplace, and I start making dinner. Jack comes home from work a little while later.

"Are the babies home?" he asks me, shrugging out of his leather jacket. He's wearing a black hooded sweatshirt underneath, and baggy jeans with a wallet chain hanging from them.

"They're home, safe and sound. They have to go in everyday for check-ups and scans and shit, but other than that, they're fine," I tell him. "How was work?" he shrugs.

"Work was work. What's for dinner?"

"Pancakes and sausage." He gives me a strange look and I laugh.

"Huh," he says, walking into his room.

Adam gets up and comes into the kitchen, standing behind me at the stove with his hands on my hips, and his chin rested on my shoulder. He starts softly singing me the intro to a Jeff Buckley song, making me smile.

Jack comes back out a minute later and starts collecting plates and silverware to set the table. I plate up the four pancakes that are in the pan, and put them with the rest of the finished ones, and follow Adam over to the table. Adam sits down as Jack finishes setting the table.

"My God, Jack. This is one fine table setting. You really should think of taking this up as a career," Adam tells him. Jack smirks.

"Drop music production and go into interior design." Adam laughs.

"I bet it's the first time anyone has ever done that." Jack sits down and starts fixing his plate.

"You know how much I love to be a trendsetter."

"Everyday, doin' work. Settin' trends on the street." Jack laughs and I roll my eyes.

"That's how we roll," Adam says. Jack gives Mabel a piece of sausage, then pours syrup on his plate.

"You guys are crazy," I say, flipping a pancake in the pan.

"I've got a boner," Jack says. Adam bursts out laughing, and I just look straight ahead at the back of the stove. I can hear Jack laughing with Adam.

"Jack, you know, if kind of freaks me out when you look at me and say things like that," I say, carrying the four fresh pancakes over to the table.

"You wish. I was looking at Adam."

"Ewwww!!" I scream. Both guys burst out laughing at me.

"That is so disconcerning."

"Tell me about it. It's not easy being the object of Jack's affection," Adam says.

"Can we talk about normal people things now?" I say, sitting down with them.

"What is normal?" Adam asks. Jack crosses his eyes and makes a goofy face. I look up at them and shake my head, laughing a little.

"Normal dinner conversation-"

"Starting now!" Adam interrupts. Neither one of them say anything, but they're trying hard not to laugh.

"You can't do that," I tell them.

"Do you want us to just keep straight faces then?"

"Yeah for a little bit." They both force their mouths into straight lines, and I burst out laughing, and they do the same.

"Maybe not like that."

"Okay, so in all seriousness, I want to run something by you guys and see what you think," Jack says.

"What's on your mind, kid?"

"I'm going to change my name."

"To what? Cracker Jack? Blueberry?" Adam cracks.

"Blueberry?" I smack Adam on the shoulder and Jack shakes his head.

"What do you want to change your name to? I'm assuming just your last name," I say to him.

"Well, if it's okay with you guys. I want to change it to Gontier. If not, then I'll just make it my middle name."

"Tyler," I say. "So, you want to drop the Peterson all together?"

"Well yeah. I have no living relatives that I associate with, with that last name. And it doesn't exactly have a lot of good memories for me. I hated my parents, and I don't want their name anymore. It doesn't seem right." Adam doesn't say anything. I can tell he's deep in thought, and Jack can tell the same.

"You don't have to tell me tonight. Just think about it and let me know," he says. "I don't want you to say yeah thinking it's what I want, and then three months from now when it's down, hate it, ya know?" Adam nods then.

"We'll let you know as soon as we can, and I'll help you file the paper work either way," I tell him with a smile.

After dinner, Jack and I clean up and then we all go out and sit on the deck and smoke and drink espresso's.

At about one in the morning, we all go into our rooms for the night. I go into the walk-in closet and change into my cropped black Blackhawks yoga pants, and a ribbed tank top to sleep in. When I come out I see Adam sitting up on the computer. I walk past him and go into the bathroom to wash my face, without a second thought.

When I come out again, he's still on the computer. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his shoulders, setting my chin on the top of his shoulder and reading what he has up on the screen. Legal information about name changes.

Without a word, I put my hand over his on the mouse and shut the computer off. Then, I take his hand and pull him up out of the chair, and over to bed. Once he's sitting up in bed, I straddle him and take his hat off of him, comb my fingers through his hair to loosen it up.

"Let's talk about it," I tell him. He puts his hands on the sides of my legs and looks me in the eye.

"I think it's a great idea, and I definitely want him to do it if you're okay with it."

"But..."

"But I can't figure out why I'm so damn hesitant about it."

"Are you hesitant about it?"

"A little, yeah." I cock my head sideways at him.

"I understand why he doesn't want that name anymore. And if he doesn't want that one, then I want him to have ours. But some, very small part of me is hesitant about letting him go through with it."

"For his sake or, for yours?"

"That's what I can't figure out." he leaves my eyes for a second and stares out the window behind my back, then looks back to me.

"Are you fine with it?"

"Absolutely. He's out family anyways. He might as well have our last name." he nods.

"Maybe I'm hesitant because of my parents."

"That could be."

"They never would have approved of this. They've never approved of us having Jack to begin with." I nod.

"But since when have I ever done anything they wanted?" he says with a smile. I smile too, and lean down and kiss him.

In one swift movement, he rolls me over onto my back, and leans his upper body on top of me. He lifts his head up and raises his eyebrows at me in question. I nod at him and he kisses me again, more passionately this time.

I fall asleep in his arms when we're done, exhausted and panting for breath. And when I wake up next, it's morning.

Adam is still asleep beside me, so I get up carefully so I don't wake him up. I get dressed in my outfit that I first put on to sleep in, and go out to the main area of the house.

I pour myself a cup of coffee, shutting my eyes as I take the first sip.

Out of nowhere the door that leads out to the deck opens and the dogs rush in, barking. My head snaps up as they run towards me. Jack walks in the door behind them.

"Jesus Christ, Jack," I say.

"Did I scare you?"

"Yes. I didn't know you were out there." He grins and refills his coffee cup. He has a lit cigarette stuck between his lips. He takes the cigarette out and sets it in the ashtray that's sitting on the counter, looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"You sleep well?" he asks me, still smirking. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah." The grin widens and he starts making some moaning noises.

"You're such a freak, Jack."

"Adam probably says the same thing about you."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh please. You know. The whole block could have heard you two." he starts up with the mock moaning again.

"Oh my God."

"Yeah, that too." I roll my eyes and smack his arm, then I walk around to the dining room and set my coffee down on the table.

Adam comes out then, and pours his own cup of coffee.

"How was your night, Adz?" Jack asks with the same grin he had when he asked me. Adam gives him a strange look, then looks at me.

"Ignore him," I say to him. Jack laughs.

"I'm thinking it's time for me to move down to the basement. It's sound proof down there."

"What is he talking about?" Adam asks me. I get up and walk around to where he is in the kitchen.

"He supposedly heard us lastnight."

"Heard us what?" Jack does the moaning thing again, and I see a lightbulb go off in Adam's head.

"You know how it is, Jack," Adam says.

"You are not seriously going to have a conversation about this right now," I say, horrified, pouring myself another cup of coffee. Adam comes up behind me and places his hands on the counter on either side of me, and pretends to start humping me from behind. Jack does some hooting and more of the moaning thing.

"Oh my God!" I scream, pushing Adam away from me. "I'm going back to bed!" I yell, running back to the bedroom.

I jump on the bed and when I look over my shoulder, Jack and Adam are running after me. Jack jumps on the bed and lays on his back on my side of the bed, and Adam collides with me, pulling me down in the middle of the two of them.

"You two are insane," I tell them.

"You keep saying that," Jack says.

"Well, maybe there is a reason for that."

"Shh," Adam shushes us. I curl up next to him and he puts his arm around me.

"This is a nice bed," Jack says. "So this is where you guys bang, huh?"

"Jack. We're having a family moment right now. Try not to be a pervert," Adam scolds him.

"Sorry." He pats his stomach and Mabel jumps up on top of him and lays down. He pets her head.

I look up at Adam and see his eyes are shut. I smile to myself and close my eyes too, and a few minutes later I hear Jack's breathing settle, so I know he's asleep.

They might be crazy, and our life might be very unconventional. But it definitely works for the three of us. I fall asleep not too long after they do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sophie's outfit.
Next chapter will be the last one. This was my goodbye to the Jackie/Austin character's.
Enjoy.
Comments are love.