When Everything Gets Crazy, I Get Lost In You.

Chapter 7.

I can feel Adam and Jack staring at me while I haul in an armful of wrapping paper into the living room and fall to my knees with it. It's Christmas Eve, and I'm working on getting the last of my gifts wrapped for morning. I open up a shopping bag and pull out baby clothes that I bought for Jackie and Austin, and drop them onto a large piece of wrapping paper that I just cut.

"What's in the big bag?" Adam asks me from the kitchen where both he and Jack are standing eating cookies. I look up at the pile of bags that are next to me to see what bag he's talking about.

"The Gemvara bag?"

"Yeah."

"Those are the initial necklaces that I bought for the girls."

"What girls?" Jack asks.

"Roo, Kya, Nikki, Liv, Billie, and Jackie."

"Daisy doesn't get one?"

"She already got her gift, and she said that she was going to show it to Shaun tonight."

"I really don't need to know this," Adam says, stuffing another cookie in his mouth.

"Like you don't talk about sex with your friends?" I say, going back to my wrapping.

"It's not a constant topic of conversation like it seems to be with women, especially the women you know."

"I'm sure."

"So, question," Jack says.

"What?" Adam asks.

"So, tomorrow Nikki and I are going over to her parents place, am I supposed to get them a gift?"

"No," I say.

"Even if they get me one?"

"You think pretty highly of yourself, don't you?" Adam says with a laugh, eating another cookie.

"Well, I wouldn't want it to be like awkward or something. Like, have Nikki looking at me like I'm a jackass 'cause I didn't get her parents a coffee pot or something stupid they're never going to use."

"I wouldn't worry about it. It would be one thing if you knew them a lot better, but you don't. If they get you something, it's only because you're screwing their daughter and they're being polite. Trust me on this. I've bought anything for Adam's parents... of course maybe that's why they always hated me." Adam laughs.

"Do you get Sophie's parent's anything?" he asks Adam.

"She buys the gifts and puts both of our names on them. So, it's like : From Adam and Sophie, rather than just from me to them," he says. "But, if I were like at a yard sale and I saw an awesome old guitar or something I thought her dad would be into, I would get it and take it to him and it would be no big deal. Not like, oh here's a gift, ya know?" I pause in my wrapping to listen to what he's saying, and shake my head. The thought of Adam at a yard sale, number one, is too much for me to handle.

"Babe," I say, not looking back at him in the kitchen.

"What?"

"When was the last time you went to a yard sale?"

"I don't know, probably never."

"That's what I thought." Jack and Adam both laugh.

I look out the living room windows and see that it's snowing pretty hard outside. The lights on our tree are sparkling, causing a glare on the windows. The dogs are laying on their dog beds, watching me as I wrap gifts. I hear Adam come around the bar and into the living room. He bends down behind me and smacks my ass, then leans over my back and kisses my cheek.

"Jack and I are going out," he says.

"Out? Out where?"

"Shopping. I have to pick something up in town and he's gonna come with me."

"Babe, there's a fucking snow storm outside. You're going to kill yourself trying to drive out there."

"That's what my car is built for. We'll take the old, S.U.V."

"Oh my God." he laughs and kisses my cheek again.

"Have fun wrapping your gifts, Mrs. Claus."

"Be careful, you two!" I say as they walk out the garage door.

After they leave, I get up and run into Jack's bedroom to the closet to get the two guitar's that came in the mail the other day. I pull them off of the shelf in the closet and take them out to the living room, setting one box on the couch and one on the floor. I open the first box and see a guitar just like the one that I bought Adam for his birthday, this one is for Jack. The next box has a Gibson Firebird in it, this one is for Adam. I purchased both guitar's after the one came for Adam's birthday and I saw how much Jack loved it.

I go into my bedroom and bring out the two black guitar straps that I bought for the guitar's, since I knew that they wouldn't come with any straps. I put one strap in each box and and shut the boxes, then start to wrap them. When I'm done, I put the wrapping paper and ribbons away.

I pour myself some eggnog and get myself some of the cookies that I made earlier this week, finding that Adam and Jack have eaten most of them, and sit around with the dogs for a little while. The guys are gone for about a half hour, then they come home. I see that Adam has a few bags in his hand, and Jack has one small bag. One of Adam's bags is from Victoria's Secret.

"Oh my God, you went to Victoria's Secret. Did you buy me something there?" I ask him, hanging over the back of the couch attempting to peek inside the bags.

"Yeah, crotchless panties." I curl my lip up and wrinkle my nose at him.

"What? I thought crotchless panties were a nice gift."

"Sure, if you're a Penthouse Pet and you model spread legged for a living, crotchless panties are a great gift," I say. He grins.

"Can I just peek a little?" I ask him.

"No, you'll get your gift tomorrow just like every other little kid." I slump down on the couch while they both go into Jack's room to wrap their stuff. After they come out, I look at the clock and decide that it's time for me to go to bed. Adam and Jack have the same thought, so Adam and I go into our bedroom together.

"See you in the morning, my Black Butterfly," he says to me after I shut the lights off. I smile at his little name for me, stemming from the tattoo's that we both have on our wrists, and the Buckcherry song.

"Night, babe. In the morning it will be our first Christmas as an officially married couple! Are you excited?" I ask him.

"I'm excited for every morning with you, love." I smile and kiss the tip of his nose.

"I love you," he says.

"Too," I say, shutting my eyes.

*****************************************************************************

The next morning, I wake up and see that it's still snowing outside. I'm laying on my side and I can feel Adam's arm around my waist and hear his gentle snoring. I look at my alarm clock and see that it's about nine o'clock. I roll over and kiss Adam's lips, waking him up. He opens his eyes and groans a little.

"Merry Christmas, baby," I say to him. He smiles and kisses me.

"Merry Christmas." I jump out of bed quickly and run out to the living room.

"Where are you going?" I hear Adam call out to me. I don't answer. I plug in the tree lights and wake the dogs up, then run to Jack's room and knock on the door to wake up him and Nikki, who came here after work lastnight. Once I can hear movement on the other side of their door, I run back into my room, where Adam is still laying in bed.

"What are you doing?" he asks me, rolling onto his back.

"We have to get up and open presents!" I say, giddily. He looks over at me blank faced for a second, then smiles at my enthusiasm.

"Alright, I'm coming, I'm coming," he says, throwing back the blankets and getting out of bed. I clap my hands and run back out to the living room where I see Nikki sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her entire body, staring at the tree.

"Where's Jack?" I ask her.

"Bathroom," she says with a yawn. I nod and drop to my knees in front of the tree as Adam comes out of the room wearing sweatpants, a t-shirt, and his favorite black trucker hat. He sits down on the couch next to Nikki and grabs part of her blanket from her, putting it over his body. Jack comes out of the bathroom a second later and lays across their bodies on top of them, earning some swearing from the two of them while they struggle to push him off of them.

"Are we ready to open gifts?" I ask them, crawling closer to the tree.

"Yup, go ahead and pass them out, mama," Adam says to me.

I grab a gift for Adam and toss it up to him, and watch while he opens it. Then I grab Nikki's necklace and toss it up to her.

"What is this? You guys didn't have to get me anything," she says.

"Don't be silly, Nikki. Just open it and tell me what you think of it."

"Where's my gift?" Jack asks.

"You're living in it," Adam says sarcastically holding up the new shirt I got for him. I roll my eyes at them and grab the two guitar boxes.

"This one is for you," I say, putting one in Jack's lap, "And this one is for you," I say, putting the other in Adam's. Adam looks down at the tree and points out an envelope that has my name on it.

"You have to open that one," he says to me. I grab the envelope and tear into it while Nikki puts her necklace on, and the guys' open their boxes. Inside of the envelope is a card, and inside of the card are two ticket stubs. I look closer at them and see that they're for an upcoming Chicago Blackhawks game at their home arena. I look up at Adam and see him pulling the guitar out of the box.

"Babe, these are great. I can't wait! Thank you!" I say to him.

"Thank you, this is fucking awesome," he says, holding the guitar up in front of him. I look over at Jack and see him doing the same.

"What do you think, Jack?" I ask him.

"Amazing, I love it. Thank you, mama," he leans down from the couch and gives me a hug.

"I'm so glad you guys all love your stuff," I say to them.

"You have another gift from me, babe," Adam says to me. I look down at the tree and see another small package from him to me. I grab it and look at it, then rip the paper off of it, revealing a small jewelry box. I flip the top open on the box and see a beautiful platinum and diamond ring.

"Babe, it's beautiful," I say to him, taking it out of the box and slipping in on my finger.

"You like it?" he asks.

"I love it."

"Look at the inscription," he says. I take the ring off and look at the inscription on the inside of the band. :"Forever lost in you, my Black Butterfly" I smile and put it back on my finger.

"I love it, babe."

"Good." Nikki gets up from the couch and goes over to the tree, taking out two gifts, handing one to me and one to Jack. I look at the tag on the gift she gave to me and see that it's for both Adam and I.

"You didn't have to get us anything, baby," I say to her.

"I wanted to. You guys are so amazing to me, I wanted to do what I could for you," she says, sitting down next to Adam and putting her head on his shoulder. He kisses her forehead and pats her knee with his hand while Jack and I open the gifts.

Jack's is a necklace with a gothic style cross pendant hanging from it, to replace the cross that he lost right before he went to rehab. He smiles when he opens it, then leans across Adam's body and gives her a kiss.

"It's awesome, doll. Thanks," he says to her.

"You're welcome," she says. I open up the gift that she gave me and find that it's a gift card to our favorite restaurant in Chicago.

"So, I guess you guys can go when you go to the Hawks game," she says to me.

"Thank you, Nikki. That was really nice of you." I hear someone knock on our front door, then hear it open up.

"Merry Christmas, motherfuckers!" I hear Austin's raspy voice yell through the house as I feel cold air come in through the door.

"Shut the door Austin, you're going to freeze the baby," I hear Jackie say to him. He comes into the living room holding the baby carrier in his hand.

"Baby!" I squeal, jumping up and taking the carrier from him and setting it on the coffee table.

"Yeesh, Merry Christmas to you too, Soph," he says to me as I stand over the baby.

"Merry Christmas, Austin. My bestest best friend in the whole world," I say to him, sticking my tongue out at him. Jackie laughs as she comes in the room. I give her a hug then we both go back to the baby. She takes him out of his carrier and places him in my arms, and I sit down on Adam's lap.

"Looks like you need to get working on one of these, Adz," Austin says to Adam with a wink.

"That's OK, man, I'll just let her look at yours for a while."

"You don't want kids, Adam?" Jackie asks.

"No, I want one or two someday. Just not this day, you know?" he says with a laugh, looking over my shoulder at the baby in my arms.

"How are you liking having him?" I ask them.

"He's amazing. He sleeps like an angel, he eats like an angel, he's just amazing. He's perfect," she coos. I smile and hand him back to her.

"I got some presents for him," I tell them, grabbing some things out from under the tree.

"Oh jeez, you didn't have to buy him anything, Sophie. You don't know how much stuff we had under our tree for him this morning, from my parents, Austin's parents, everyone we know practically, had something under that tree for Little Austin."

"But probably nothing as cool as what his Uncle Adam and Aunt Sophie got him," I say to her with a wink, handing two wrapped packages to Austin to open. The first is a tiny pair of black baby shoes that have little white skulls and crossbones all over them, and the second has two onesies in it. The first has the words Baby Badass on the front, and the second says Lock Up Your Daughters.

"Those are awesome, Soph!" Austin says enthusiastically, showing them to Jackie whose still holding the baby.

"Very cute. Thank you, guys," she says.

We all hang out for a few hours together. I make us a big plate of cookies and bring them out to eat, so that we don't get too full on a big breakfast before we all go to our families house to eat dinner later tonight. After Austin, Jackie, and the baby leave, we all get dressed and get ready to leave. Jack and Nikki are going to her parent's house to eat dinner, and Adam and I have to go to his mother's house, my mother and stepfather's house, and Joe and Billie's house where we will eat dinner and hang out with the majority of my family.

While we're getting dressed and ready to leave, I look at Adam whose putting on one of the new shirts that I bought him.

"Are you having a good Christmas, Butterfly?" he asks me when he catches me looking at him. I smile.

"Of course, love. Any day I'm with you is amazing." he comes over and kisses my lips.

"You're so corny, but I love it."