Status: Hiatus Until Thanksgiving Break, college sucks :(

Dear Mom, Thanks For Sending Your Human Daughter to a Boarding School of Supernaturals

Betrayal and Beauty

Sadness turns up to gladness

When everthing's burning

You know what I mean

Taking everything southern

The weather is warmer

Good place to be


--The Birds And The Bees "Birds and the Bees"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The incident in town with Richard was definitely the cause of the awkward silence between us. Somehow I couldn’t stand the quiet room with him in there. The sun was down so he should be fully awake but instead I think he was pretending to be still sleeping. It’s been half an hour after sunset and I decided this was my chance to go to the bathroom and maybe take a quick shower.

When I finished, John Rye, the gorgeous but stern werewolf teacher, was in our room with a bit of a disappointed look. Then again, I don’t think he cracks a smile all too often. When I looked over at Richard, he was now fully awake listening to what John had to say. His eyes never flickered away from John’s face. It sort of pissed me off. I should be the one doing that. I mean shit! He tried to erotically bite ME.

John came by to tell us that there was a school break. Most of the students were going back to their homes for a small visit and other prisoners are going to visit their families or homes too. The only ones that are pretty much staying were some of the faeries since they are the ones who have charmed each and every supernatural leaving so they would be pulled back into the school after their 72 hours of R&R. This guaranteed that no one will be able to escape the school.

Well I guess it’s like wearing a magically invisible shock collar.

The people leaving included Richard who seemed happy from the news unlike John who was worrying about who would stay and watch me. Well I was mutually happy about this too. Not only do I get the room to myself, I can see a sliver of freedom just shining through the opening doors called “Break”.

On the day that Richard left (and it doesn’t take a genius to figure that he wouldn’t say goodbye before he left, that jerk) I woke up alone in my dorm room with a sense of slight emptiness. I guess bad company was better than no company at all.

I had to wait till noon for John to stop by. In the meantime I ate breakfast and read “Wuthering Heights” until his big ol’ body came through that door. I looked up from my book and he sat at the edge of my bed with a hand placed casually at my ankles. His hands were blaring hot. The heat was a werewolf thing. That must suck in the summer.

“How are you holding up?” He asked. His large hands gave my ankle a small squeeze as I leaned forward with a shrug.

“I can’t really say I miss Richard but I do miss having company.” I replied.

“Yes.” John stared at me and I swear I felt holes burning away on my face. He looked extremely worried and I couldn’t think of any reason why he would. The hand was squeezing my ankle more, I felt it was for his sake and not my comfort. Behind him, the door began to open and I saw someone that made me want to hide under my covers.

“Hello Iris.” Cristanto gave a wry smile.

I only glared at him in response. John patted my foot and stood up walked right up beside me. I felt sort of betrayed at the moment. I thought the whole point of me staying in this dorm for all of my days and nights was to avoid this psycho honcho. Not the other way around.

“I have to say I’m so glad Richard is gone.” Cristanto grinned. “Thank you Jonathan for watching her for me.”

My mouth just dropped. I turned my head with disbelief to see a grim look on his face. “What the fuck John.”

“He’s… the prince.” Was all he could say, as if that explained everything.

“Yes I am.” Cristanto said with a wink. I turned my face away with rejection radiating from all of my body language. That’s when I felt cold hands holding my chin tightly while turning my face towards Mr. Crazy. “Don’t be so rude.” He hissed looking every bit like a vicious bloodthirsty vampire. His fangs were extended and his eyes were almost pitch-black.

John’s hands were on the prince’s shoulder as if he was trying to restrain him. Well it’s too late to help yourself John. I officially hate you.

“Hands off you dirty werewolf.” Cristanto snarled.

Yes, you nasty little werewolf. I watched as John obeyed and slowly backed up. Then Cristanto had his full attention on me and I stared in awe of his empty eyes. “You smell like… a faerie.” He said.

“I don’t. I smell like me.” Maybe I should just not talk. Maybe talking would make this worse on me. Can this get any worse anyway?

“Yes that too. And you don’t have any aspect of being a faerie. However you have magic like them” He smiled, and not the kind that warms your heart. “How else could you have made it through the school gates? Tell me, did a faerie charm you?”

“Not that I know of.” Maybe if I answer his questions he’d go away. And then I can pack my shit and get out.

“I see.” He paused. “You seemed to have a bit of vampire in you too.” He leaned in and my breath hitched as he inhaled the smell of my hair. “And something else too.”

I looked at him with a puzzled expression. John stepped forward but when Cristanto’s leg twitched, he stepped back in his place.

“What are you getting at?” I said.

“Oh that’s not really important right now.” He said as he stood up. “I’m just thinking maybe you could… do me a favor.”

Do I look like I owe you an ounce of shit?

“I can see that you’re a bit… against doing me a favor but… how about this? I give you the freedom to roam the schools, attend classes, and even go out into town as much as you like without having the fear of me killing you.”

I didn’t have to ask ‘what if I don’t’ because I knew the answer. He’d have me for an afternoon bloodbath.

“Okay.” I said in a leveled voice. Or as leveled as it gets. “What do you want from me?”

Cristanto was very pleased. “Steal a locket from my father.” He said simply. “I want you to sneak into his library and take the locket that’s lying on his desk.”

“Why can’t you get it?” I asked hesitantly.

He shrugged. “Because… I don’t feel like getting yelled at.” Oh so it’s okay for little ol’ me to get yelled and possibly killed. Well then. I extended a mental ‘fuck you’ to him.

Cristanto laughed. “Aren’t you just a cute thing.”

“I’m not a thing. And cute is the last adjective you’ll want to call me.” I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest. “So what? Where’s your father’s library?”

Cristanto grinned.

------------------------------------------------------

I’ll never ever, in my whole damn life time, come in contact with another vampire or werewolf. I don’t care if they’re the hottest thing I’ve ever seen. After they’re through with me Hell will be the next hottest thing I’ll ever see.

The library was in that castle I saw across the rose garden where I met Cristanto at. He led me through the grassy lawn to the maze-like garden. All the while I stared at the purplish dusky skies and the fact that I saw four crescent moons hanging high above our heads in four different directions freaked me the hell out.

This is not Earth.

I didn’t care to ask Cristanto. I don’t want to talk to him more than I had to and thankfully he wasn’t reading my mind or perhaps he is but isn’t responding to any of my thoughts.

In front of the doors of the King’s library I found myself already pushing through the doors. Cristanto smiled while urging me to continue. So I did. I walked through the doorway and found myself standing in front a HUGE half elliptical library. There was at least four stories worth of shelves towering higher and higher. Right across from me was a large stained glass window of a naked woman with dark hair and beautiful green eyes. She was holding two bleeding children. It was ominous and disgustingly beautiful.

I shook myself out of the awe and jogged over to the desk at the center and started to carefully look for that locket. It didn’t take long. The King obviously didn’t even attempt to hide the thing. It was just lying there out in the open. I grabbed it quickly and ran back to hand it to Cristanto.

He closed the door before he turned to me and instead of grabbing the locket out of my hand, he held my wrist gently and with the other hand he took the locket slowly before petting my palm. As if that was comforting, I was more worried why he was doing than feeling a little relaxed. “Good job.” He said half heartedly.

I wasn’t thinking when I said this. It was hard to remember that this jerk could kill me in a blink of an eye. I just hated him so much. “And am I going to regret going in there?”

Cristanto paused, thinking, (oh great he’s not sure) and then shook his head slowly. “I don’t think so. There’s no way he’d suspect you and it can’t be me.” He laughed as if he found all of this amusing. I couldn’t see why his father wouldn’t suspect this asshole. If I was his father, he’d get a good beating in the ass. “Now why don’t you get lost before my father returns.” He added coldly.

“You’re welcome” Asshole.

That thought seemed to make him laugh again but I hardly found that comforting either. When I returned back to the large double doors, I saw John standing there, looking every bit like a shamed werewolf. Well good. I upturned my head and marched right past him to go through the doors but he caught my wrist and gave me a small tug.

“Wait.” He said.

“No fuck you.” I said coldly trying to pull away.

“I really am sorry.” He said earnestly. “I didn’t… I tried… I tried to help you. I did. The Prince, he’s just…”

I looked back to see an agonized expression but I couldn’t get over how angry and enraged I felt. I wanted to punch him in the face and beat the living werewolf shit out of him. There goes all that hard work I put into my anger management sessions. I tugged my hand hard from his and he let go.

“Iris.” He said “I—“

With a good swing I punched him right in the jaw and he actually fell back with a thud. “That hardly makes us even.” I snarled before marching through the door.

I was stomping through the school. Some of the students stared at me with large and curious eyes but I ignored them all. I was free to roam the school and now it’s time to get away from my problem gang and find a quiet place to sit and calm down.

Out in the large courtyard, I saw a lot of kids hanging out in the sun. I knew for a fact that I wouldn’t find any vampires in the mass of people so I relaxed and sat at a stone table to think.

“Hello there.” A voice chimed.

I looked up to see a girl who seemed to be my age with pale skin and rich red hair. Her eyes were smoldering and shining blue. She wore a strapless white dress that came down right above her knees. Her smile was perfect and bright as she sat next to me. “I’m Dianthine.” Her voice was smooth and flawless just like her skin. “You are the human who came to this school am I correct?”

I nodded. I wasn’t sure whether she was going to be on my good side or bad. Right now she was neutral but like everyone else I’ve met, she can turn the other way.

“How curious, you seem to have some sort of magic in you.” She paused. “I am a fey.”

Faerie. No wonder this girl was so beautiful. I looked around and noticed there were a lot of faeries. Not only faeries but I saw a few werewolves and I couldn’t figure out who the rest were but the presence of faeries was extremely evident. “Wow.” Was all I could muster up.

“I hear Cristanto is interested in you. I just wanted to let you know that he’s not good company.” She said with a smile but her voice was bitter. “Do you understand human?”

“Yeah I figured he wasn’t.” I said as politely as I could without the use of foul language. She just seemed too soft and pretty to be hearing it. And then I wondered if she knew Richard. “Do you know Richard the Vampire?”

Dianthine smiled a bit too wide at that name it almost gave me the chills. At that moment I saw a flash of devilish pleasure on her face but it quickly faded into a mild fondness. “Oh yes. He’s quite the… erm… anyway what is it you want to know about him?”

I got all the information I needed from her face and the quick change of subject. I filled in the blanks and figured they must sleep together a lot. In fact I could see Richard sleeping around… and around. He seems to do enough of that in my room without a partner though. Back at Dianthine I shrugged. “I just wanted to know if I could trust him.”

“He’s quite the violent type.” She said quickly, but it wasn’t like she was trying to make him sound bad. I believe he’s violent. I touched the spot where he bit me the first time and felt two bumps where his fangs had sunk in. Dianthine nodded. “Yes I saw that fight. I was sitting in the front row when you two were snapping teeth at each other.”

“I’m sorry… I didn’t notice.” I felt a bit like an idiot. I get so angry I only see one thing and everything else just didn’t exist.

“It’s quite all right. Rage is very blinding.” She said with a carefree giggle. “I love conflicts.”

Well, that’s not really a good thing there. But I smiled a bit in response. “Are you um… dating Richard?” I could hardly imagine him giving her flowers and gift. But I could see him making love, a lot. And there goes my imagination with its torturous imagery.

Dianthine gave a shrill laugh that caused the whole courtyard turn their attention to us. She patted me in the back while holding back more fits of giggles. “Oh no, no, no, we don’t but I can see why you’d ask. He is the uh… what you humans would call a playboy.”

“Iris.”

Oh for the love of god. John. I didn’t turn to him and Dianthine looked equally pissed. “Well if it isn’t the prince’s dirty hands.” She smiled with menace.

John ignored her and grabbed me by my arm and started to drag me away. I tried to yank away but he was so strong and already he had me out of my seat.

I screamed at the top of my lungs but unfortunately that didn’t faze John but it did however, faze the faeries, especially Dianthine. She and a group of faeries had us surrounded and they were staring with their glossy black eyes with sinister grins. I swallowed. Even the bright and pretty sides of the supernaturals were as vicious as the dark sides. Maybe they’re just all dangerous period.

John looked pretty helpless at this moment as he loosened his grip and pursed his lips.

“Yes John, it’s not class time now so you have no authority on our turf.” Dianthine said coolly. “You better think twice before you step into our realm.”

I half expected the other werewolves to aid John. You’d think maybe they were groupies or packs but they didn’t. They stood very still and I could see a bit of fear in their eyes.

John gave a hesitant nod and started to slowly back away before completely leaving.

“Well, how exciting was that? If it had gone any further, we may have seen some blood!” Dianthine said that in a wishful tone. The other faeries were now scattered once again and I stood dumbfounded from it all.

“Dianthine, do all faeries just… protect their own like that?” I was sort of admiring their sense of family but I was quickly shot down when Dianthine shook her head with a cute smile. “Oh no, normally they couldn’t care less of another faerie but I am their Queen.”

Oh well. At least she’s not a royal pain like Cristanto.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dianthine Duskwood------>click for picture----->[x]

Who would've thought Jonathan was going to backstab Iris like that? Oh... me. LOL

I hope you guys enjoyed it C:

ALSO CHECK OUT THIS POLL AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER SO FAR C:

click------->[x]<-------- WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE SUPE FROM THE STORY SO FAR? I'm curious!