Status: Active... Slowly active but it's revised and continuing!

Our Battle Cry

Home

"You are not allowed to go to that party!" He screamed at me from the bottom steps of the staircase.

"Yes I am! And you can't stop me!" I yelled at him as I passed by him and started running to the front door. He grabbed my arm in an attempt to stop me, but I yanked it out of his hands and screamed, "You're not dad, you never will be dad! So stop trying to control my life!" I stormed out of the house and to my car.

"Aria! Come back please! I'm sorry! Aria!" He yelled as he walked out of the door chasing me.

I slammed the door shut and left the drive way, heading out to the party that would eventually destroy my life…


I was suddenly jerked awake as Momma Odie turned a sharp corner. "Sorry suga. Didn't mean to wake you," she said. Momma Odie is a 65 year old black lady although she doesn't look like it; she looks like she could be 35. She has a personality that strikes you as soon as she opens her mouth. She’s the grandmother of one of my best friends.

"It's okay Momma Odie. Are we almost there?" I asked her. I was looking out the window. All I could see was gray clouds, trees, and wet grass. This is definitely different than New England, where I spent most of my life growing up. I already missed my home and didn't want to be here.

"We should be there within the next two hours or so. I'm not too sure exactly, but you'll like it. Emily will be there. Wouldn't that be nice after so long of not hearing from her? I miss that sweat girl," She said.

"I'm sure you do Momma Odie. Just like I miss that tarantula that was hiding under my bed for three months," I thought to myself while she was babbling. I missed my friends, my life, and my brother. None of that mattered though. His stupid will said that I have to go live with his old friend who I haven't seen or heard from in about four years. Now don't get me wrong, I love Emily like a sister. However, I would just much rather prefer to not have to move all the way across the country.

Without realizing it I slowly started to fall asleep to the sound of Momma Odie's voice.

Momma Odie's POV:

As we were nearing Forks, Washington, I realized that Aria had fallen asleep. I smiled to myself as I picked up the pace and made it to La Push in about half an hour. I slowly pulled in front of the small house that she had described to me.

It was cute, a little small but still cute nonetheless. I climbed out of the car and walked up to the front door. I knocked twice on it and it immediately opened up for me. Looking up I found that I was face to face with a man who was at least 6'6".

"Hello. Is an Emily Young here young man?" I asked him.

"Yeah…. Hold on a minute I'll get her," he said hesitantly at first. "Hey Em! Someone's at the door for you!" He shouted into the house.

"Alright I'm coming! Jeez. Can't even get them to be civil anymore," she muttered as she approached the door. She took one look at me and smiled. "Mrs. Odie! It is so good to see you again! You look great," she said.

"Come on now child give grandmamma some suga. You look good too hun. Now Aria is sleeping in the car. .." I said as I hugged her and trailed off not knowing what else to do about Aria. I looked at Emily and the man hoping that he would volunteer to get her.

"Don't worry Mrs. Odie, I'll go get her and put her in her room okay?" The man who opened the door said. I watched as he picked her up from the seat and walked into the house, up the stairs and out of sight.

"Would you like to stay for some tea or coffee? I have plenty here," Emily offered.

"I would love to suga, but I can't. I need to get home but before I do, I have some letters to give you. One is for you and the other is for Aria. Now my grandson Jordan will be here sometime within the week to drop off the rest of Aria's stuff okay?" I told her as I gave her letters as the same man who took her upstairs went and got her stuff out of the car.

She took the letters and looked at me. "Don't worry; she'll be just fine here. This is her home now," she said with a smile on her face. I hugged her one last time before returning to my car. I pulled out of their driveway and onto the road that lead back home.

"Please Aria, don't do anything that will give you away. This is your only way to stay safe and away from him. Please suga. Be smart." I thought as I was driving away from the house and her. All the while wishing and praying that he wouldn't be able to locate her anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright.. I'm revising this story because I became inspired to finish it again!