Status: Active... Slowly active but it's revised and continuing!

Our Battle Cry

Again

Jacob's POV

I felt something push me to the side and when I turned my head to look I saw Aria get hit with a bright blue ball. I stopped running and turned around to face the guy chasing us. I kneeled by her body and was trying not to touch her back and not phase at the same time. I saw most of the guys running after him in their wolf forms. Sam came out and kneeled next to me. The ball didn't hit her back as much as the right side of her body. Her shirt was scorched and you could see the light burns starting to form on her side.

"We have to get her to the Cullen's," Sam said softly while putting his hand on my shoulder.

I growled when he said that. I did not want my imprint near the leeches.

"They are the only ones who will treat her and believe whatever story you're going to say and you know that," he reasoned with me.

"Fine," I said tightly.

I gently picked her up with her right side facing away from me. I looked down at her. We started running with Embry, Jared, and Paul surrounding us for safety. I knew that Quil, Seth, Leah, Colin, and Brady were still chasing after him and would meet us at the Cullen's. It surprised me to find that we had run very close to the Cullen's house. As soon as we got there the door opened and Carlisle walked out and grabbed Aria from my arms and took her back into the house at his vampire speed. Esme came out side and ushered all of the guys into the house.

Sam and Embry pushed me into the house. I still couldn't get the memory of what had just happened out of my mind. I could vaguely hear Sam telling Edward and Jasper what had happened. I figured that Edward would be able to see it from my mind, but I didn't care.

"Is she going to be alright?" I asked no one in particular.

"You'll have to ask Carlisle when he comes back out. From what I saw, she might make it," Edward said while looking at me.

I growled at him saying that she might not make it. I was already on edge from being attacked by that Damien guy. It was silent for a minute until Carlisle shouted, "Edward! I need help she's crashing!"

I couldn't control myself; I followed him with Sam and Embry hot on my heels. I could hear the flat line signaling that her heart wasn't beating. I looked into the room and I couldn't believe my eyes. There were tubes connecting everywhere, her arms, legs, and her shirt was thrown off so she was left in her pants and her bra. You could see the burn on her right side, right where her ribs were. It was in a spastic pattern. Finally her heart started beating again. I left out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. It was quiet again. I could tell that all of the guys were hurting by seeing her like this. Carlisle had Edward hold her up so he could look at her back and I saw what looked like a tattoo on her lower back. I think that he noticed it too because he looked at it for a minute or two before he told the leech that he could stop touching her.

"Okay. If we could please move into the living room that would be best," Carlisle said while gesturing with his hands. We obeyed and slowly walked into the living where all of the leeches and the pack were.

"So Jacob, what exactly happened?" Everyone turned to look at me. I wasn't paying attention I still had the look of her hooked up to all of those tubes in my head. Embry nudged me and I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I saw Edward smirk. He must have figured it out by now, that she was my imprint. At those thoughts he just nodded his head the slightest bit. I sighed and looked at everyone. It was going to be a long night.

By the time that I was done explaining what happened the leeches seemed to have some sort of epiphany.

"It makes total sense now. The reason why we can't smell him or catch him is because we've never come up against someone like this. And his target…" Jasper trailed off while looking in the direction of the room Aria was in. Sam came back out from the kitchen and looked at all of us.

"I talked to Emily. She said that she's going to call Jordan and let him know what happened. She's hoping that Aria's friends will be able to help us somehow," Sam informed all of us.

"What I don't get… is why he shot at you Jacob?" Bella said while looking puzzled.

"He said something about me being her boyfriend and then he started freaking out." I explained why shrugging. "I don't honestly know."

"So his name is Damien? And he can shoot out these lightening balls? Is that correct?" Sam said while looking at me. I nodded my head.

"She wasn't hit with lightening," Carlisle said when he walked out of Aria's room. "It was plasma. Much more dangerous. She should wake up at any time. Her body just went into a shutdown mode to deal with the healing. Which is going quite fast I must say."

"So… what do we do?" I asked him as everyone was looking in between me and him.

"We have to wait for her to wake up. Only then will we be able to find out what happened and who he was," he said.

"Any idea on when that will be?" Embry asked him. I knew that this was eating him alive. He and Aria have gotten close in the time that she's been here.

"I don't know." He looked sad.

The Next Day…

The Cullen's had been kind enough to let us stay here and see if she was okay. We went home and once all of us had had breakfast we came straight here. There was a slight change. She was responding to light and sounds. I was sitting by her bed side holding her hand. Sam had gotten news that Aria's friends were on their way over here. It turns out that they were close to here too. They were in Oregon for some competition thing. I don't really care. I was trying to coax her out of her coma state.

"You need to wake up. You need to be better so we can find this Damien guy and kill him. Or at least hurt him." I put my head down next to her side and closed my eyes. I didn't realize it but I must have drifted off to sleep.

Aria's POV

I could feel someone holding my hand, and some faint voices. I opened my eyes I realized that I was in a white room. My instincts kicked in. I looked to my side and saw that there was no one on either side of me. I slowly used my powers to lift all of the tubes and white suction thingy's off of my body and placed them on the bed. I slowly moved out of the bed and noticed that I was in a pair of sweats and a sports bra. I slowly made my way towards the door. I looked out and saw that the coast was clear. I saw a front door and made my way towards it.

"Hey! You shouldn't be out of bed!" Someone yelled at me.

I turned around and saw that it was a buff guy. Not buff like the Jake and Embry, but still big. He was tall too, at least Damien's height with really short black hair. I took my chance and started sprinting towards the door. I felt him grab my arm. I quickly pushed my left foot back and caught one of his feet while I used his momentum and own body weight against him as I put the arm that he grabbed into his stomach and pushed while he rolled over my back and landed on the floor. I ended up in a defensive position with my arms braced in front of me and my legs shoulder width apart.

"Aria! Oh my god, are you okay?" I turned around to find the voice and saw that it Sam and the boys with the three men that came to talk to him that one night with four women behind them. I noticed that the guy that I flipped tried to get up. I put my foot on his stomach and pushed him back down.

"Don't move," I ordered him. He put his hands up in an 'I surrender' motion and stayed on the ground. He looked more amused that I was ordering him around than anything else.

I saw Sam and Jake run to me. "Are you okay?" Jake asked me when he got to me. I finally noticed that my ribs and part of my stomach was wrapped up in white bandages that go all the way across one's body.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why? And where are we?" I asked him.

"You are in my house. I'm the doctor that took care of you. And if you would be so kind as to let my son up off of the floor," the man who I recognized as Dr. Cullen said to me.

I muttered an 'oops' and moved my foot off of him. "Sorry," I mumbled as he passed me. "So… what happened to me?" I asked the guys as I looked at all of them. No one said a word. They were all staring at either me or my bandages. Can you say awkward? I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!