Status: Active... Slowly active but it's revised and continuing!

Our Battle Cry

Dancing

Aria's POV

I was sitting up on the bed that I had woken up on, with Dr. Cullen re-wrapping my ribs. I snuck a look at them from the mirror that was across the room. It was a round pattern, but not perfectly circular. It would heal, that much I knew for sure. I glanced around the room looking at everyone who was in here. Besides Dr. Cullen and myself, there were seven people in the room too. I was suddenly glad that it was a pretty big bedroom. It wasn't too awkward in the room, but it was still awkward. Edward, Alice, and Emmett (the guy that I flipped and had pinned to the floor) were by the door; while Sam, Jacob, Embry, and Paul where over by the windows with the curtains drawn.

I looked over at Sam and them and saw Embry and Paul making faces at each other. I couldn't help but giggle a bit at the faces they were making. Sam started glaring at them and they stopped. I turned my head and saw that Edward was quietly talking to Alice and Emmett. I couldn't hear what he was saying though.

"So, Aria," Dr. Cullen said.

"Yes?" I answered while turning to look back at him.

"Have you ever had to take care of bandages like these before?" he asked.

I thought back, trying to remember if I had to or not. I smiled and said, "Yeah, once or twice before."

I could see Jacob turn to look at me again through the corner of my eye. His eyes held worry. I turned my focus back to Dr. Cullen. He smiled kindly at me.

"Good, so I don't have to warn you about getting the bandages wet or ripped do I?"

"Nope," I said while popping the 'p'. "So, when can I go back to Sam's?" I asked him.

He looked at Sam and saw him nod his head. "Later today, once I make sure that everything is okay and operational."

"Sam, I would like to discuss some things with you and Jacob for a minute or two downstairs, if you don't mind," Dr. Cullen said smiling.

"Of course," he answered and started walking toward the door with Jacob following. I noticed that Edward, Alice and Emmett had left too.

I looked at Embry and Paul with a questioning look. "That was odd," I said to them at I looked at them. Only Embry nodded though, it was almost as if Paul was off in his own little world. Embry waved his hand in front of his face but it did nothing. I tried his name a few times but it didn't work either. After five minutes he walked out of the room while giving Embry a look. Embry then came over and sat next to me on the bed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, well, actually something. I guess. I'm not too sure," he rambled.

"Embry! Just tell me whatever it is that you have to say."

He looked me in the eyes and asked, "Do you know who saved you? Who got you here?"

I shook my head no, so he continued. "Jake did. He brought you here against his will to save you."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it, I knew that he didn't like the Cullen's but I never thought that he would be the one to bring me to them. "Why are you telling me?"

"I just thought that you would like to know. Give him a shot okay?"

He got up and walking out of the room. I sat on the bed thinking. I was currently wear black sweat pants, which looked to be Sam's or one of the other boys and a matching black sports bra. The same thing kept repeating in my head. Give him a shot okay? Could I give him a shot? I mean, right now wasn't the best time for a relationship especially with what just happened with Damien. I groaned and covered my face with my hands. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time before I decided to head down stairs. I slowly walked down the stairs and saw that all of the Cullen's were in the dining room talking to Sam and the guys. I just stared over at them. Slowly the guys started noticing me but I put my finger to my lips to tell them to be quiet. Sam still hadn't noticed me so I quietly walked up behind where he was sitting and stood there. When he finally turned around he jumped a bit and everyone laughed at him. I gave him one of my cheeky smiles and he just glared.

"So, Aria…" Someone said. I looked to see who said it and discovered it to have been Emmett.

"Yes Emmett?" I asked.

"A little birdie told us that you can play the piano and sing…" he trailed off while rolling his wrist as if he were to have been talking about the weather. The first person that immediately I look at is Quil, because I know that he can't keep his mouth shut and all of the guys know about me playing.

"Hey! It wasn't me so stop lookin' at me like that!" Quil yelled at me.

"Would you play for us?" Esme asked me. I looked at her. I wanted to say no, but she was so kind.

"I don't play anymore. I'm sorry—" I was interrupted by Alice coming over and grabbing my arm and leading me over towards the piano.

"Oh, come one. Please? Just one song?" She looked at me with these big eyes that it was so hard to say no to. I caved. I nodded my head and she squealed while I started walking over to the piano.

I sat down on the bench and moved the piano cover. I looked at the keys and held my fingers above them. I didn't know what song I wanted to perform. Jacob came and sat down next to me.

He leaned close to my ear and whispered, "Just do any song that you feel comfortable with okay? You don't have to do something to impress anyone."

I could feel his hand hovering over the small of my back. I sighed and looked at him and gave him a small smile in thanks. I moved my fingers over the keys. And they slowly started to play the intro to 'Dancing' By Elisa. I hadn't played this song since before my mom died. It started off slow, but steadily grew until I was in the music.

Time is gonna take my mind
and carry it far away where I can fly
The depth of life will dim my temptation to live for you
If I were to be alone silence would rock my tears
'cause it's all about love and I know better
How life is a waving feather

So I put my arms around you around you
And I know that I'll be leaving soon

My eyes are on you they're on you
And you see that I can't stop shaking
No, I won't step back but I'll look down to hide from your eyes
'cause what I feel is so sweet and I'm scared that even my own breath
Oh could burst it if it were a bubble
And I'd better dream if I have to struggle

So I put my arms around you around you
And I hope that I will do no wrong
My eyes are on you they're on you
And I hope that you won't hurt me

I'm dancing in the room as if I was in the woods with you
No need for anything but music
Music's the reason why I know time still exists
Time still exists
Time still exists
Time still exists

So I put my arms around you around you
And I hope that I will do no wrong
My eyes are on you they're on you
And I hope that you won't hurt me
So I put my arms around you around you
And I hope that I will do no wrong
My eyes are on you they're on you
And I hope that you won't hurt me


After the music slowed down to a stop, everyone started clapping. I turned to look at them and as my eyes went past the doorway I saw three people standing there. My jaw dropped. I completely forgot about the Cullen's and the guys and couldn't believe it. The only thing that left my mouth was,

"Oh. My. God."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright!! Let me know how it's going for you guys!!