Status: Active... Slowly active but it's revised and continuing!

Our Battle Cry

Broken Bridges

Aria's POV

I turned and stared at the person who asked the question. It turned out that Jacob asked the question. I looked him dead in the eye trying to keep a straight face before I cracked up and started howling with laughter. I doubled over and was clutching my stomach while Juju was laughing too. His head was thrown back and his eyes were closed as he was laughing. I had tears starting to pour out of my eyes when I started to calm down.

I could faintly hear Quil mumble something about it 'not being that funny'. And that sent me into a new round of laughter while Juju had sobered up and was holding my waist to keep me from falling over. I could see everyone giving me looks like they were scared for my health or mental well-being.

Juju leaned close to me and whispered "Are you okay baby-cakes? Do you need water or something?"

"I'm fine. I swear. It's just that us as a… a couple? That's so funny!" I said as I looked at him. I turned to face Jacob now that I was somewhat calm and said, "Dating him would be like if I were to date my brother. Wrong on so many different levels. He's way too old for me. No offence Juju," I said as I turned back to look at him. He shrugged, showing me that he didn't mind since he was 23 years old.

"Than what is with you two acting like you do? I mean it's weird to see two people act like that and them not being together," Jared said while gesturing to how we were sitting, me being on his lap and his hands on my waist. I could see Jacob just barely start tensing when Jared gestured at us from the corner of my eye.

"Well, I've known Aria and her family her whole life. Our mothers were friends, and her brother was my best friend, while my little sister is her best friend. So it's safe to say that she's basically like blood to me," he said as I decided to lean my back against his chest and get comfy.

It got silent again, for about five minute when suddenly Sam asked, "Why does she call you 'Juju'?"

I smirked and went to answer Sam when Juju's hand tried to cover my mouth. Finally I was able to cover his mouth with my hand while saying, "I'll answer this." So I looked at everyone and said, "Because his name is Jordan Julius Odie. And Momma Odie calls him Juju all the time. It's so funny because when she says it she's usually screaming for him to help her with something." At that everyone, including Jacob started laughing.

Emily smiled and I could tell that she was happy to see one of her old friends again. It made me realize that this place might not be so bad. But I don't think that I would ever be able to call it home, at least not for a long time. I got lost in my thoughts and the next thing I know Juju is pushing me lightly off of his lap while everyone else is getting up and out of their chairs. Slowly everyone made their way into the living room except for me, Sam, Emily, and Juju.

He looked at Sam and asked, "Is it okay if I steal her for a bit? You know, to catch up?"

He gave us a look and nodded his head, "Sure, just be careful and don't go into the forest at night. It's not the safest of places."

Jordan nodded and took me by my wrist while guiding me out the front door and sat me on the front porch steps. He sat down next to me and was quiet for a while. I liked it. It reminded me of all the times when he and Emmerson would come over and we all would just sit in the backyard and look up at the sky and the stars, not saying anything. I missed those times. We hadn't done that in a year or so since everyone got so busy.

"Do you like it here?" Juju asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean it's really pretty, when it's not raining. And most of the people I've met have been nothing but kind to me…" I trailed off.

"But it's not home?"

"Exactly. Now don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for Sam and Emily taking me in, but… I would have been fine living with my grandparents. I would have been fine even living with Mama Odie and Em. I miss them, along with Wei-Wei and Phyleesha. I mean, I have no one that I can to about my…talent. And it also doesn't help that I'm scared. I don't know if he'll find me or not. I was only safe for that long because of what my brother did. And now… he can find me much easier. And if he does, I'm powerless against him! The only time when anyone can get rid of him is with all four of us. I'm only one person," I told him. It was true, I, the so called great Aria, was scared that Damien would find me.

He looked at me and sighed. "It'll be okay. You know that the girls will come and visit you soon. And as for Damien? You have nine buff guys in there and one tough chick too. If he comes near you I'm pretty sure that they'll be able to fend him off. Beside he can only track you when you use your 'talents'," he told me while gesturing back to the house and then coming in front of me and grabbing me by my shoulders.

"But what if they aren't enough to stop him? Then what do I do? Run? Fight him? Huh, what then?" I asked.

"That's just a bridge that you'll have to face when the time comes. Until then, you haven't been seeing anyone have you?" he asked.

I groaned as he went to sit back down. I covered my face with my hands. "I so don't want to talk about this right now."

"Why? Cause I happen to know of someone who is still waiting for you to go out with them. And if I know you like I think I do, which I do, than you should just tell him 'no' gently and then you get onto these hunk a hunk of burnin' loves inside," he said once he was sitting down next to me, putting his arm over his shoulder and winking at me. I couldn't help but laugh at that, mainly because he had used the phrase that me and the girls use when we see a really cute boy.

"I really have missed you and the girls… nothing's the same without them with me ya know?" I asked while looking up at the stars.

"Yeah, I understand. But I also know that you can't keep sulking and hiding without them. He wanted you to be here for some reason. We'll just have to wait and find out what exactly for" Juju said while shrugging his shoulders.

Suddenly he asked me, "Do you still remember that song that you and your brother used to sing together?" When I nodded my head, he headed out to his hummer and got out a guitar.

He must be so hyper right now, or bipolar I thought. I smiled at him. "What do you want me to sing it with you?"

"Yeah, just trust me on this okay?" he asked as he sat down across from me and slowly started strumming.

I smiled when I started strumming the first notes of the song. When it was time he started singing.

Jordan:
There are bridges on life's highway
But we never see them there.
Some cross troubled waters
Some don't go nowhere.

Me:
Some you wouldn't step on,
If you were trying to save your soul.
One comes with a keeper
When it's time to pay the toll.

Jordan:
Some aren't meant to last forever
Some are made of stone.
Some are meant to cross together,
Some you go alone.

Me:
Some the slightest wind can send them,
Crashing to the ground.
I set a bridge on fire,
But I could not burn it down.

Both:
Now here I am(ooohh)
Prayin for forgiveness
And I can see you(And I can see you)
Standing on the other side(oohh)
Here I go (Here I go)
And Baby it's a heavy load (It's a heavy load)
I have crossed some broken bridges in my time
(Broken bridges in my time)
Now here I am (Now here I am)
Prayin for forgiveness (Prayin for forgiveness)
And I can see you (oh I can see you)
Standing on the other side
(Standing on the other side)
Here I go (Now, here I go)
And Buddy it's a heavy load (Baby it's a heavy load)
But I have crossed some broken bridges in my time
(crossed some broken bridges in my time)
Yes, I have crossed some broken bridges in my time.


When we finished it was quiet and peaceful. And I understood why he made me sing it with him. I smiled at him and he smiled back. All of a sudden we heard clapping. We both turned around to see who it was and saw all of the guys minus Seth, Brady, Colin, and Leah. Emily had a smile on her face and it looked like she might cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of my fav chapters. I also love this song. Look it up and listen!