Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

Moving to Finland!

*Bing!*

WickedPixie is now online!

WickedPixie: Hei bro! How are things in the Finn Land?

NotReallyCrazy0121012: Things are okay, yeah. Lol, how are things in the States?

WickedPixie: Officially closed up shop, so…

NotReallyCrazy0121012: So you’re out of work then, for sure?

WickedPixie: Yeah, but looking for work though. Why? Because you seem excited that I’m now suffering from no income.

NotReallyCrazy0121012: Well, how about work in Finland?

WickedPixie: Finland?

NotReallyCrazy0121012: Yup. Finland.

WickedPixie: Confused…

NotReallyCrazy0121012: Mikkela quit the parlor when the papers went through, and took her sister with her. So, we are short two people!

NotReallyCrazy0121012: You and Lynn have first dibs to fill the spots! Pleeeaaassseeeee?????

WickedPixie: Um… airfare, passports, housing… how would all this work?

NotReallyCrazy0121012: You have passports, I have a house, and don’t worry about airfare. Are you taking the job or not?

WickedPixie: Yeah… okay. If Lynn will take the job, I will too. But only if Lynn will; I can’t leave her. You know that.

NotReallyCrazy0121012: Yey!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! I already got the tickets to Lynn. She took the job last night! Bwahahaha, I knew you guys would accept! Go pack and everything, the plane takes off in three days! Bye! Love you and can’t wait to see you again!

*NotReallyCrazy0121012 has gone offline*

“Really, Dave?” Nikki laughed as she closed her laptop. Five years ago her brother Dave moved to Seinäjoki, Finland with his girlfriend, and later wife. He was a tattoo artist and taught her everything she knew before moving away. The last time they saw each other was two years ago for the wedding. She wore a suit, because she was his best man… or woman, actually.

Lynn was her best friend since forever. Even Dave couldn’t remember how they met. She was a tattoo artist as well, but liked to fo the piercings more. She wasn’t very confident with the tattoos, even if she was a great artist. That didn’t mean she was she though. She was actually a very loud, and outgoing person, and had quite the record for pranks. Nikki loved her to death, but was a little afraid of being on a plane with her. But the excitement for seeing her brother again overwhelmed her fear of Lynn’s evil ways. Besides, she was quite the pranker herself… she just always seemed to be a few steps behind most of the time.

Nikki’s phone began to ring, pulling her from her concerned daydreams of in-flight pranking. She looked everywhere for it, but by the time she finally found the little pink thing, she missed the call and had a new voicemail.

“Nick, it’s Squint! I just got a call from Finland and it looks like I’m moving there with you girls! So what will we do first when we get there? Drink, explore, party… party and then explore drunk… anyway I’ll be calling back right about now, I hope you found the phone already, otherwise I have to leave another message.”

As soon as she hung up the phone, it started to ring again. “Hello?”

“Good! You found it! I have questions that need answered about this whole moving to Finland thing. First off, he lives in Seinäjoki, and we’ll be living in Seinäjoki, but we land in Helsinki, and don’t leave for a few days… what’s the plan there?”

“I don’t know, I just agreed to go before you called the first time. So I really have no idea. The flight is in three days, you me and Lynn are flying over together, and we’ll be living with Dave I’m guessing… that’s all the plan I know.”

“Yeah, until we get our own places. If we get our own places. Ha, ha!”

“He would totally kick us out.”

“Not so sure, he has these friends he was talking about… shit I forgot their names… some weird Finnish names, or something. Anyway, they sound crazier than we are by a lot, so maybe not.”

“He said they call themselves the Dudesons, but I can’t remember their actual names. He talks about them a lot, actually. They may be crazier than we are, but he just got divorced, so he’s probably a lot more irritable right now han he used to be.”

“Yeah… we’ll lay off for a while. So what time is the flight anyway?”

“I have no idea!” she laughed, unable to believe that she forgot to ask about that very important little piece of information. “I’ll call Lynn. If any of us thought to ask, it’d be her. Tiny little perfectionist.” He sighed with a smile in his voice.

“She’s bigger than you, Squint.”

“True, bye.” He hung up before she could return the farewell.

Three days passed and Nikki was at Lynn’s house, waiting for Squint. Lynn wasn’t the tallest of people, but she didn’t really care that she was named the group hobbit. She was comfortable being the cute little thing she is. Her naturally bright red hair was cut to fall just below her shoulders, and often went without being brushed. She usually wore tight flare jeans, with a lose fitting shirt of some sort; she really didn’t care what style, as long as she was comfortable wearing it. She owned one pair of shoes, and those were her lucky combat boots. She looked a lot younger than twenty-three, but only if she went without her makeup… which she pretty much did all the time, making most people think she was about sixteen.

Nikki had very long blonde hair naturally, but liked to dye it a dark auburn. She wore makeup, but not a lot, and liked to keep her hair up to keep it out of her face. She was girly, but in more of a punk rocker kind of way. She wore lots of different types of clothing, so her style wasn’t really able to be defined. It was simply Nikki. Today she wore red skinny jeans, a white and red Guns N’ Roses tank top, under a red unzipped hoodie, no jewlery, and white flats. Lynn was wearing her pajamas since she wanted to be comfortable on the flight.

“Where is he? We have to leave soon! We have all this shit to take, since we are moving to another country in another continent! And we have to leave in twenty minutes to not miss our flight. Nikki!” Lynn ranted, while pacing her luggage littered living room. “I don’t know, Lynn… Squint isn’t late… ever.” She yawned from her place on the couch, half asleep since it was three in the morning, and the plane left at four-thirty. She wasn’t really worried, since Squint was always on time, but Lynn was terrified of missing the flight. She was also very excited about moving to Finland and seeing Dave again. She and Dave used to date, but broke up a year before he met Mikkela. She still really liked him.

Lynn was just about to call Squint, again, when someone knocked at the door. He had finally arrived. The girls said nothing as they quickly loaded everything into his truck, and settled into their seats. Nikki turned on the radio, and off they went.

Squint was a short and thin blonde man. He was smaller than Lynn was, standing at five feet even was. Nikki joked that of Lynn was the hobbit he would be the dwarf. He got his nickname after Dave made a comment that he was so small, he always had to squint to see him in a photo or crowd. Somehow it stuck, and he had been called Squint ever since.

Nikki slept for most of the flight to Helsinki. She was up all night on the phone with her brother, and was just too tired… not to mention she was afraid to fly and squint was making plane crash jokes the entire trip. Lynn did prank them both, but most of the trip was spent throwing things across the isle, trying to get them to land in Nikki’s open mouth. Or on occasion, licking a peanut and trying to make it stick to her face. Squint had better aim with the mouth shots, but was horrible at making things stick to his friend… except the gummy bear he licked, that stayed on her face until the plane landed and she was forced to wake up. Then she ate it.

“Welcome to Helsinki, Finland!” Lynn shouted excitedly as soon as they were outside the airport with all of their belongings, which they now were thinking was maybe just way too many bags. “Helsinki, Finland is… cold. It’s flippin’ cold!” Nikki shivered, even though it was the middle of the warmer months, and the temperature wasn’t really that low. She was used to the weather in Los Angeles, California. “Bet you can’t make it the whole day without snagging your jacket from the bag.” Lynn smirked, though she was also shivering. “Bite me.” She spat.

“So where to now?” he asked as they stood stupidly outside the airport. “He gave us these.” Lynn answered, handing out envelopes with each of their names on them. “Cool, it says we have to find our own way to our hotels… we’re not staying together? CALL WHEN WE GET THERE!” She shouted before Nikki or Squint had a chance to open theirs and read it themselves. “You’re kidding. I’m not walking around this city alone!” Nikki whimpered. “Yeah, you are. Keep your cell on, call if anything happens or if you get nervous, or hell anything. Okay?” Squint sighed, knowing her brother wouldn’t let them band together on this one. She gulped and nodded and took the map from the envelope. The three friends hugged tightly and took off in opposite directions, carrying their luggage with them, and navigating the strange new city, full of signs they couldn’t read and people they couldn’t understand. Never before did Nikki feel so alone, and afraid. The cold didn’t matter now as much; she just wanted her brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really need feedback on this story! Good or bad, it doesn't matter as long as you are honest with it; I don't take offence to the feedback. I'm brand new to Mibba, so I'm also still learning how to work things... it took nearly an hour to figure out how to post this chapter. This website is so different than the websites I'm used to using. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think!