Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

"This Is A Very Unfunctional Family"

Nikki, Jukka, Jarno, HP, Lynn, Dave, Jarppi, and Squint were all sitting in the Helsinki Airport, waiting on their flight, which had been delayed. Nikki had fallen asleep on the floor with her head in HP’s lap, since the chairs were anything but comfortable for her, Jukka and Dave were flipping a wad of paper at each other, Lynn was texting Squint, and Jarppi and Jarno were sitting quietly. That worried Dave quite a lot, since on the way there he poured a whole bottle of hot sauce into Jarppi’s drink when he wasn’t looking. He should have thought better than to start that before boarding a plane, with no escape.

HP shifted under Nikki to try and make himself more comfortable, since one of his legs was going numb, causing her to wake slightly. Only enough to whimper Jason’s name before falling fully into slumber once more.

“Did she just say ‘Jason’?” Lynn demanded. HP just nodded sadly, refusing to take his eyes on the girl asleep in his lap. “Don’t take it personally, we can’t control what we dream.” Squint sighed, hoping he wasn’t angry with her, or hurt by what she was dreaming about.

“No, lately she has been having dreams about him hurting her. The day after we played Simon Says, she fell asleep in the woods and had a dream he was stabbing her to death.”

“No shit,” Lynn frowned deeply.

Dave was about to comment on their conversation when HP started to wake Nikki, bringing to everyone’s attention the tears that were running down her face. As soon as her eyes opened, she latched onto him, refusing to let go until she woke up fully. Until then, all she could do was beg him not to let them hurt the baby.

“What baby?” Jarno asked quietly.

“The baby, idiot. Her baby. She used to dream about it a long time ago, a few months after it happened, when we wouldn’t let her binge anymore. When she’s sober, she can’t stop them. That’s a big reason she was so dependant on drinking so much before. It stops her nightmares.” Lynn explained in a quick whisper. “If you look back, until the day Bam found her with the box cutter, she wasn’t sober a single day. She was always having a drink, or just finishing a drink, or still drunk from last night.” Squint added.

“So what does she dream about?” Dave asked cautiously. “She’ll dream that she’s holding her baby, and Sarah ripps it out of her hands, before getting into the car with Jason and speeding off, leaving her alone and sobbing because she knows they’ll hurt it. Sometimes she’ll dream that she’s still pregnant, and they cause a misscaraige, or she has the baby and they never let her see it. Sometimes it’s just her being judged for what she was forced into doing, and I think those are the worst for her.” Lynn answered. “No, they’re a close second. The nightmare she used to have, which I think she just had a few minutes ago, where she’s beaten until she can’t move anymore, and watching them beat her baby to death, or throw it over a bridge while she listens to it scream for her is the worst.” Squint corrected.

“She needs help, professional help. She doesn’t deserve this.” Dave frowned. “She won’t take it. We tried last year.” Lynn shrugged as she watched her best friend fall asleep in HP’s arms, using his chest as a pillow this time.

“She’s listening to his heartbeat,” Squint laughed, noticing her finger twitch to tap out the rhythm. “Is she asleep?” Dave asked, also watching her finger tap out HP’s heartbeat on his shoulder. “Eh… kind of?” he laughed. “It’s a state of sleep where yeah she’s technically asleep, but she’s not really asleep… I’ve only seen Nikki do it though. You can hold a conversation with her, but it’s obvious she’s asleep. Watch.” Lynn smiled, and walked over to HP and Nikki, sitting down beside them.

“Nikki, the rabbits are going to fly our plane to the wedding, and want to know if they should wear white suits, or blue?” she asked seriously.

“What color rabbits?” she asked in a somewhat dreamy voice.

“They’re white.” Squint answered.

“Wear the blue ones…white suits on white rabbits will make them look naked.”

“You see? She’s asleep but not really.” Lynn giggled. Jukka at once got an idea and hopped over to the “sleeping” young woman.

“Nikki, HP would like me to ask you, do you want to sleep with him?”

HP shot him the king of all “I’m going to kill you later” expressions before Nikki answered.

“We already have Jukka, you keep locking us in the room together. There’s only one bed, and it’s little, asshole.”

Everyone had to stiffle their laughter at her answer, and Jukka rolled his eyes. “Do you want to have sex?” he clarrified.

“With you? No… gross, I want HP.”

“Rejected!” Jarppi snickered as Jarno began filming. This was just too good to miss. “Do you want to have sex with HP, then?” he laughed after Squint announced that she was completely honest in this state. Everyone was shocked when she didn’t answer him. Usually she would have answered exatcly what was on her mind.

“Nikki?” Squint pushed.

“Fuck you all, and especially you, Jarno.” She grumbled, burying her face deeper into HP’s shoulder. “She’s awake!” Lynn gasped, laughing openly. “HP probably woke her when he laughed, because he bounced a little.” Dave observed. “Do you remember what we were talking about?” Jukka questioned. “I woke up and you asked if I wanted to screw HP. So no I don’t, but my guess is you were trying to see if I wanted to get in his pants, right?” she demanded. “Yeah, pretty much.” Dave shrugged.

“What did I say?” she sighed.

“Well, you would like the white rabbits who are going to fly our plane to wear blue suits to the wedding, you think having sex with Jukka would be gross, and you want HP. But we aren’t sure in what way.” Jarppi answered.

“I just want him to not be a butt-wad like you guys.” She yawned, and fell asleep once more.

“How late was she up?” Jarno asked, shutting his camera off again to keep the batteries alive. “She never went to bed.” Squint shrugged. “She was packing, and talking on the phone. Mostly on the phone. My guess is she was talking to HP… look who’s falling asleep with her.” Dave smirked. “She is afraid to fly,” he explained with a yawn, “You were all asleep and couldn’t help her.”

“Since when is she afraid to fly?”

“Since ever, Dave. She just ignores it, but she’s sober right now, and unable to really ignore her fear of crashing to our fiery deaths. For once, she actually has to feel these things.” Lynn explained. It was annoying to have to explain Nikki to her own brother all the time.

“But don’t feel bad, because now she can feel the good things too. Like HP, she can feel how much she likes you, without needing you to have sex with her to make her feel wanted. She can feel just from holding your hand, that you care. That’s kind of a first since Jason.” Squint beamed. “Since Jason fucked her up, the first time.” Lynn huffed. Any time the conversation turned to he or his sister, she’d get pissed off. She loathed that man.

Their conversation went into silence after that until their flight was announced. “Finally!” Lynn breathed, quickly standing and grabbing their things. “Someone wake the lovers.” Dave yawned as he stretched and stood up. HP woke easily, after being kicked by Lynn, but Nikki refused to open her eyes until Jukka pulled her away from him. With a sad whimper she opened her eyes and silently demanded to know why she was so suddenly robbed of his warm embrace. “Our plane is boarding, finally.” Squint explained as she wormed her way out of Jukka’s grasp and back into HP’s arms. She really was pitiful when she was tired. Plus the fact she was afraid to fly.

Without giving a warning, Jarppi picked up Nikki’s feet, leaving her fully supported by him and HP. “What are you doing?” she whined as Jukka and Dave supported the middle of her body. “Letting you sleep,” Dave laughed as they started walking, earning odd looks from everyone who saw Jarppi carrying her feet, Jukka and Dave with her middle, and HP carrying her upper body.

She was put between Jarppi and Jarno for the flight, while Lynn sat with Jukka and HP, and Squint was squished between Dave and a fat lady who smelled like smoked fish, and some kind of cheese. He couldn’t tell what it was, but it was nasty.

The pranks started as soon as the plane left the ground, starting with Lynn taking off her shoe, to remove her sock, and cramming it down Jukka’s throat when he yawned. After a short string of curses, he got her back by blowing his nose in it, and returning it to her. “Gross! HP control your friend!” she ordered while trying not to vomit. “I am not getting invilved in this.” He announced firmly and went back to watching Jarppi, Nikki, and Jarno chat quietly, trying to figure out what they were saying.

“No, because no, and that means no.” she whispered firmly.

“Your english is very bad today,” Jarno teased.

“Shut up, I just don’t think it’s a very good idea for us all to be staying with Bam and his crew! I mean, the last time they saw me I tried to kill myself! What would they think if I was staying with them?”

“They would think ‘How great it is to see Nikki alive and well, and happy as she is now!’” Jarppi answered dramatically.

“But they know everything! Everything that happened to me, everything Jason and Sarah did, the baby,”

“Nikki don’t cry,” Jarno frowned, putting his arm around her to comfort her. She still couldn’t mention her baby without crying. It was impossible, the guilt was just too much.

“They don’t think anything bad about you. They don’t like Sarah or Jason much, but they like you.” Jarppi assured, but she still had her doubts.

“GROSS LYNN!” Dave shouted, interrupting their conversation. “What happened?” Jarno questioned. “She just licked a peanut and threw it at me, and it stuck to my face! He answered. “And so begins our flying adventure!” Squint laughed before being hit with a gummy bear. “Ew!” he whined before chucking it at Jukka, but ended up hitting HP’s eye instead.

“Excuse me, the other passangers are complaining about your noise. I have to ask you to try and keep it down.” One of the flight attentants announced shyly. Jarppi responded by speaking entirely in Finnish, since she didn’t speak any at all.

“Ignore him, he’s being a retard. We’ll try to be quieter, but it’s been a really long week and well… we’re really tired and buzzed on the nine pots of coffee we had earlier.” Lynn smiled, kicking the back of Jarppi’s seat. “Thank you,” The shy woman nodded, and retreated back to her former activities.

When the plane landed, and they finally had their things together, it was time to wait for their friends to come pick them up. Squint was bouncing on his heels waiting for his brother, and the Dudesons were calling Bam to demand where the hell he was. He should have been there already, but he was nowhere to be found.

“Hey Squint, it’s been eleven years since you saw your brothers last, right?” Lynn asked suddenly.

“Eleven for Jack, twelve for Jim.” He nodded.

“How the hell is he going to know what you look like, and how are we supposed to find him?!”

“Relax, Lynn, we’ll know each other. Unless he dyed his hair, we should be looking for really, really bright red hair. Like, firey orange redhead.”

“This is a really jacked up trip.” Dave huffed, turning around just in time to catch HP gently kissing Nikki in a corner. “Oh no! HP is trying to devour Nikki’s face! Someone help!” Lynn shrieked, noticing the unhappy roll of Dave’s eyes. That was Jarno and Jarppi’s cue to tackle him, while Jukka lifted Nikki over his shoulder and carried her to safety.

“You guys!” she shouted in a whining squeal, struggling to break free of Jukka’s “protective” grasp. “No! We will not let this criminal devour your face, ma’am!” Jarppi replied, keeping HP firmly pinned to the floor.

“Disfunctional family,” Squint sighed to the security guards who were watching very closely. One laughed, while the older raised his brow in questioning.

“All eight of you are family?”

“The guy in the corner, is the brother of the squealing woman over the blonde’s shoulder. The guy who is pinned under the other blonde guy, is her boyfriend. The other three Finnish guys are his brothers. This redhead is my sister, and we’re waiting on our brother and their friends to pick us up.”

The guard still didn’t seem convinced, but no one was arrested so he marked that as a success and turned back around to see Nikki and HP both sitting side by side, holding napkins to their faces.

“What happened?” he gasped, noticing blood coming from both. “I was nibbling his lip when Jarppi attacked us, and made me bit it really hard. When his head came forward it hit my nose too, and now we’re both bleeding.” She answered as tears rolled down her face. “Did it hurt?” He laughed.

“Yes it hurt you jack-fuck!”

“Language, Nikki.” Dave warned.

“Yes, Brother Dearest.”

“Bitch,”

“This is a very unfunctional family.” Jarno nodded, coppying Squint’s actions to explain his group to the confused passersby.

“Unfunctional, Jarno?” Lynn laughed.

“Disfunctional,” Nikki corrected from behind her napkin, and remained in her seat for the rest of their wait.

“Jarppi, are you still on the phone with Bam?” Dave asked with a sudden laugh. “Yes! I almost forgot!” he grinned, and hit redial, since he had been hung up on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Huge thanks to NikkiSuomi for her undying feedback. It helps a lot! You deserve a cookie! As for the rest of you... no cookies until you tell me if this story is worth continuing.