Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

Longer Recovery

Three months of constant pain and doctor’s trips passed in Castle Bam, and once again the crew was waiting for Ape to return with Nikki and HP. She had three trips a month, except this month was seven. This was the seventh, but when HP called to let everyone know what was going on, Nikki’s ranting in the background gave some worries; she did NOT sound happy, and she was in tears.

“She’s back! … She’s not doin’ so hot.” Squint annnounced as Ape’s car pulled up and Nikki was helped from the back seat and into her folding wheelchair to be pushed to the house. “What happened?” Dave demanded as soon as Ape was within earshot, since HP and Nikki were giving everyone the silent treatment, and went straight up to their room.

“The doctor says that in two months, she will need another surgery on the ankle. The pain will be back to where it was before.” She answered sadly. Lynn’s eyes nearly bugged out of her head as she choked on the Dr. Pepper she was drinking. “She’s just starting to move it though! She just started getting better, and they’re gonna fuck it all up!” she shouted angrily, slamming her cup onto the coffee table.

“Now, Lynn, chill! They are doing the surgery so she can get better. It’s not like they’re cutting her apart to make sure she is suffering, okay?” Squint sighed, but it was obvious that Lynn wasn’t going to calm down soon. Her best friend was going to be in even more pain, and it was pissing her off. The only answer was for her to go out and break something. So that was what she did; she took a baseball bat and smashed one of Bam’s old cars that he was going to blow up during the goodbye party for the Dudesons, Lynn, Dave, Nikki, and Squint.

“So she has this surgery, and then what? We keep freeloading here for another six months?” Dave questioned, obviously feeling as down as his sister was at the moment. “You’re not freeloading, dumbass. I’m helping some friends out, that’s it. If you were freeloaders, you wouldn’t be helping clean around here, or cooking, or any of that shit.” Bam retorted, “And I don’t know what happens then.” He added, but turned to Ape when she sighed; she knew something that they didn’t.

“Well, spit it out.” Dico pushed.

“She has the surgery at the end of the month. Then they put her in a new cast, and she goes through another four months of recovery. Then they will take the cast off and inspect the healing process, and if it isn’t going the way they want, she will have another surgery.”

“You’re fucking kidding.” Squint muttered.

“No… they said there is a ninety percent chance that she will need a third, and maybe even a fourth surgery.”

“That’s bullshit. No wonder she’s so upset right now.” Dave sighed sadly.

The entire room was down over the news, and it seemed to everyone in the room that telling even one joke would have been like kicking Nikki in the cast; it was just wrong. Jukka sighed and looked down at his hands for a second before finally smiling and looking back to the discouraged faces around him.

“What the fuck is going on in that head, Jukka?” Bam demanded, though slightly amused.

“Not much.” Jarno smirked, earning some quiet laughter.

“Nikki will be in some pain, but she is healing. She is alive, and just thinking about that still makes me very happy. Even after all this time I can’t believe she survived being hit by that train.” He explained, “And even if she is going to be hurt in all these ways, we still have our same Nikki; she just is a lot slower than she used to be.”

“I love how every time we get bent over Nikki’s condition, SOMEONE brings that up. ‘Hey, she’s alive though, that’s all that matters’ or ‘But she’s alive, so everything is still okay!’” Raab laughed, “I just think it’s kind of funny.”

“Well that’s what goes on in our heads when we get worried about her. She scared the shit out of us, and we all thought she WOULD die! We can’t believe that she lived, and now I want to be even more sure that she knows just how much I love her.” Dave nodded firmly.

“HP!” Nikki’s voice echoed suddenly, screaming his name as though someone were ripping her guts out. At once everyone ran up to investigate, finding her on the floor and him holding her while she cried and cursed over and over.

“So what happened?” Lynn demanded. “She fell out of the bed. I was getting some clothes for her because I was going to help her with the shower, and couldn’t get over here in time before she hit the ground.” He explained.

“Damn, Nikki, what were you doing to fall out of the bed?” Squint questioned, honestly confused.

“Trying to reach my phone.” She grunted.

“Clumsy ass.” Bam scoffed and walked out. “Dickhead.” She retorted, getting back into bed with the help of HP and Jarno. Once things were calmed down enough most everyone went back down. Only Jukka, Jarno, HP, and Dave stayed.

“So I was thinking and looking into some things through the internet, and I think that after this coming surgery, you can probably go back home and have the rest of your treatment there.” Jarno announced, “If you want to. If not you can stay with this hospital and everything that we have here.”

“No, I like that idea… I miss Finland.” She smiled.

“I miss it too.” Jukka grinned while laying back on the bed, careful not to hit her leg.

“How long until you are out of the wheelchair, any idea?” he asked. “Not really. They said after this surgery my actual recovery will start, and it will really be up to me when I get out of the chair. So… as soon as fucking possible!” she answered. “Don’t rush things! Your body will need time to properly heal. Do you want your foot to rest with Jarppi’s thumb?” HP scolded. “You’re going to put me in a car, hoist me into the air, and drop me on the foot if it doesn’t heal properly? Blow the missing piece of my body to bloody confetti?” she demanded. “No, it’s a lot bigger than the thumb. We’d have to think of a much bigger way to get rid of it if that happened.” Jarno answered, making her laugh. They all missed hearing her REALLY laugh. She hadn’t laughed her old laugh since getting hit by the train, and it made them a bit sad to be unable to hear it.

“Well, the Nurse is giving us looks. I think we should leave you to get a shower and get to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jukka joked and stood up slowly, trying not to move the bed too much. “Goodnight Nikki!” Jarno smiled and followed him out of the room.

“When we get back to Finland, they’re going to make you wear that dress again.” She giggled as he lifted her up to carry her to the shower.

“I won’t wear it.”

“Will you wear it for me, please? I think you look sexy in a skirt.”

He was quiet for a few seconds while undressing her, refusing to answer.

“Please? I LOVE being able to just, slide my hands up your skirt and play with you.” She pushed, running her hands up his thighs the way she would if he were in his nurse’s uniform.

“Fine. Only for YOU though.” He sighed, making her giggle while wrapping the water proof bag around her cast and putting her into the bath, carefully washing her and dodging the occasional splash now and then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best chapter, and a terrible name. I apologize deeply for this disappointment. Please forgive me!! Don't worry, I'm not going through the entire healing process. The story will get good again soon I promise.