Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

Coming Clean

The next day everyone took it slow. Jarno drove everyone home half an hour before they had to leave for work, and gave Nikki all the phone numbers of the Dudesons before leaving again. As soon as they got to Dave’s tattoo shop, Nikki started cleaning her new area and organizing it the way she wanted it, and Lynn started redoing the piercing table to her liking. The day went slowly without any customers, especially with Sarah coming in to surprise Dave.

“They’re really having sex, in the parlor bathroom. I have to clean that!” Lynn ranted. “Yeah, I know.” Nikki sighed, obviously not paying much attention. “Hey, what’s up with you? Ever since last night you’ve been… distant.” She asked, noticing Nikki’s unusual personality today; usually she would be right there bashing Sarah. “You have to swear not to be mad at me.” She muttered.

“Promise.”

“Pinky swear. May death claim me in the most painful of ways should I break it.”

Nikki laughed and hooked pinkies with her best friend and sighed, “I still really like Jason, I’m not pursuing it, but if he asks I really want to get back together with him.”

Lynn tensioned up, and remained silent. “You swore not to be mad at me!” Nikki frowned. “No, I’m not mad at you, Nikki. I just really don’t want to see you get hurt again. It killed me to see you going through that. You’re my best friend, my sister… and I’ll kill the fucker if he hurts you like that again.” She finished her answer with an extremely cold tone, but that tone made Nikki smile and hug her tightly.

“See you later, baby.” Sarah smiled, kissing Dave again as they walked out of the bathroom. “Bye, Sarah.” He laughed, watching her butt closely as she walked out the door. “You have to admit, she does have a nice body to go with her personality.” He grinned. “Yeah,” both girls replied flatly and went back to doing their work until it was time to close up shop.

The Dudesons didn’t come over, because they had some high-scale stunts planned for the day and then a live show in the evening. Since Squint didn’t work at the shop, he stayed home and cleaned the entire house out of boredom, and secret necessity; he was only secretly a neat freak. The best thing about the day though, was that Sarah had to work that night, which meant Lynn and Nikki didn’t have to deal with her.

“I think I’m gonna tell him.” Nikki sighed as she and Lynn sat on the roof of the house.

“Dave?”

“Yeah, I wanna tell him everything; I’m tired of hiding. I have to wear long sleeves in summer, treat Sarah like gold, give Jason everything he wants and be his perfect little woman if we get together again, and it’s killing me. I can’t live like this, because here I’m not living at all; I’m acting.”

“Yeah. But why would you want to be in that relationship anyway? With Jason I mean, you just said you’d be forced to be his perfect little woman. That means cooking, which you can only do if the food is supposed to be blackened, remember that fish you tried to cook?

“And I know you. If he asks you to do something, you’ll do it even if you don’t want to. I mean everything. You’ve done it before.”

“I know Lynn, but I still love him. I miss him, I miss ‘us’.”

“You miss his good qualities. But you’re forgetting his bad ones. Who was the one sleeping around during the relationship? Who’s the one who didn’t take responsibility when your lack of protection came back to bite you? Who’s the one who ran away to Finland because of it?”

“I know, Lynn. I just don’t know what to do.”

“I’m not stopping you from seeing him. I don’t approve of it, but I’m not stopping it.”

“How is it you can’t climb a tree, but you can climb a building?” Squint asked as he climbed up and sat beside Nikki. “Different terrain.” She shrugged. “Harder terrain.” He laughed, “So what’s up with you and Jason. Yes, no, maybe?”

“I don’t know.”

“Can you repeat, the, question,” Lynn sang. “You’re not the boss of me, now! You’re not the boss of me, now! You’re not the boss of me, now! And you’re not, so, big!” they all sang together, making the theme for one of their favorite shows echo through the yard.

“Ugh, I’m gonna go tell him. Now. Wish me luck guys; I’ll need it.” Nikki sighed nervously. “Are we not to interfere?” Squint asked. “Yeah, please don’t.” she nodded. “Under no circumstances?” Lynn questioned.

“Under no circumstances.”

“If you run off, are we allowed to follow you?”

“No.”

“Okay then, be careful. If you bail, take your phone so we can know you’re okay.” Squint nodded. She nodded her thanks and climbed down the house, and in through the Kitchen window. “You still have that newspaper with the apartment listings?” Lynn sighed. “Yeah, but it’s in Finnish.” He nodded and handed her the paper. “That’s okay, next time we see the Jukka, Jarno, HP, and Jarppi, I’ll have them help us read it.” She shrugged and leaned back to watch the sky, hoping to fall asleep before the fight started in the house.

“Dave,” Nikki said timidly as she joined him in his bedroom.

“What’s up?”

“I, uhm… I have something to talk to you about, but I don’t really know how. I-I,”

“Chill, I’m your big bro, you can talk to me about anything. Have a seat.” He smiled. She nodded and sat next to him on the bed, staring at her hands. “Now what do you need to talk about?”

“A lot of things. You remember how I used to spend a lot of time away from home, and come home with headaches and bruises on my arms?”

“Yeah,” he answered cautiously.

“They weren’t all bruises. They were also cuts and track marks. Jason got me into parties, and through the parties I started doing drugs with him. I’m sorry I know it was stupid, please don’t be mad because this isn’t the worst thing I did.” She already had tears going down her face as he stared at her, waiting for her to continue, “A year before we broke up, I got pregnant,”

“Where’s the baby?” he demanded. Interrupting her before she could explain.

“I n-never had it,”

“You murdered, your baby?!”

“Listen to me!” she almost screamed, “I didn’t h-have a choice! Sarah,”

“Sarah, you’re making your fuck-ups about Sarah? What the hell could she do to make you kill an innocent child?”

“If I didn’t she was going to tell you, and you would kick me out! I was scared okay! I didn’t want to fucking lose you! She paid for it, and I did everything for her and her brother to keep my secret safe!” She yelled, replacing her sadness with fury.

“So what the fuck else have you been hiding from me! Or are you just lying to get Sarah out of our lives?”

“After our fight when we stopped talking for a month, I spent the entire month getting drunk, high, and fucking any guy who would take me home! I cut myself to ease the pain, and I’M SORRY! I’M FUCKING SORRY!”

“DON’T PULL YOUR ‘I’M SORRY’ SHIT HERE! YOU’RE A FUCKING SLUT AND LIAR, AND ‘I’M SORRY’ ISN’T GOING TO MAKE UP FOR IT!”

“Dave,” she cried, flinching as he screamed at her. “NO! Just… get your shit and get out. I’ll call you later if you can come back.” He muttered and left, slamming the front door behind him.

Nikki was sobbing while packing her things, and Lynn and Squint could hear her, as well as everything after he accused her of lying to get Sarah out of his life, and it was killing them to have to stay on the roof instead of at her side.

As soon as she walked out of the house, she headed straight into the woods and kept walking for hours and hours until she found a clearing to set up camp in, laid out a blanket, and started weeping again. That was the last family she had, and now he was gone forever because she was a complete fuck-up.

Hours went by, and the only contact she had with anyone was a missed call from Jarppi, a text from Sarah, and one from Lynn asking if they should come after her, but she replied “no” and shut her phone off.

Another hour later she heard someone approaching her. “Nikki, you okay?” Jason asked, sitting down beside her and handing her a beer. “Yeah, just fine.” She huffed, quickly downing the drink, “Thanks.”

“Yeah, Dave said you told him everything. Sorry.”

“It’s okay. I knew it would happen, it’s just hard I guess.”

“He’ll come around.” He sighed, putting his arm around her. She made a small noise and leaned against him, letting him hold and comfort her, eventually shifting so she could return the embrace.

She didn’t know how long they had been sitting together before he started to kiss her neck and collarbone, which had always been her weak spot. “Jason,” she moaned, trying to push him back but he had a firm grip on her arms, “Jason, stop. I’m not ready for that.” She pushed. “You said that the first time, and then told me it was the best night of your life.” He smirked against her skin.

“I don’t want to sleep with you. I’m not in the mood for this.” It killed her to say that, but she knew it was wrong this time. Something was stopping her from just letting him have her; she knew this time it wouldn’t make the pain go away.

He pulled back and stared at her with a near furious expression. “You lead me on, playing around, making me think you want me, but when I try to take those invitations you push me away?” he demanded angrily. “No, I never led you on for anything! At the Dudesons’ place I was confused, and didn’t know what I wanted. Until you started freaking out like this, I still didn’t know!” she retorted. “Do you know now?” he asked, trying to kiss her again. “YES! And it isn’t you!” she shouted, pushing him away from her and standing up to back away.

He rose to his feet as well, and before she knew it she was on the ground again with a searing pain going through the right side of her face; he actually hit her. She never thought he would hit her. “You bitch, you fucking bitch!” he grunted, kicking her in the side as she lay there, “I’m the best thing you ever had, and you know it!” another kick, “And you’re gonna fucking push me away? I’m all you have!” and another.

Each time he hit her she screamed, hoping someone would hear her and help, but she was too far into the woods for anyone to know she was in trouble. He only dealt a few more blows to her side, chest, and face before spitting on her and leaving her alone to cry.

It hurt to move, but she was able to reach her cell phone and turn it back on. She went through the contacts, looking for someone to call, and first went to dial Home but then realized she didn’t have one anymore. Right below Home was HP, so without a second thought she dialed and continued to sob while listening to the rings on the other end. She only cried harder when he answered.

“Nikki, what has happened? Why are you crying?” he demanded. All goofing off around him stopped as the other Dudesons gathered around the phone, realizing that something was very wrong while he put the phone on speaker.

“I -t-told… Dave, everything,” she sobbed, “He kicked me out! And then J-Jason, h-he found me and,”

“What did he do Nikki? Calm down so you can tell us and we can help you.”

“He started kissing, me, a-and I pushed him… away from m-me and he got mad and St-started, yelling and hitting and me! It hurts so bad just to breathe, HP, please help m-me.”

“Where are you?” he asked after swearing a couple times in Finnish. “I don’t know. I went into the woods.” She cried. “All right, we are going to come and find you. Do not move Nikki. Just stay like you are now, try not to move too much; something could be broken.” He instructed, already heading for the car. “Okay,” she whimpered as the others followed him.

He handed Jarno the phone, since he was in the front seat with him, and left him to talk to her until they found her so he could drive after explaining to everyone what happened. Nikki didn’t do as much talking as she did crying and listening to Jarno through the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very sorry for typos, I know I'm terrible for them. My Mircrosoft Word is being a bother lately.