Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

Finding Nikki

The Dudesons sped to Dave’s house in a mix of fury and concern. Nikki wasn’t talking to Jarno anymore, or even crying, and they couldn’t get her to respond; that only made them drive faster.

When they got to the house, Sarah and Jason were gone, Dave’s car was gone, Squint was breaking things in the garage, and Lynn had a pile of her belongings by the front door. “Guys, what are you doing here?” she asked with a false laugh. “Looking for Nikki, where is she?” Jarppi answered demandingly. “We don’t know. Her phone goes straight to voicemail; we’ve been trying to call her for half an hour.” Squint answered sadly. “She is in the woods. Jarno is on the phone trying to talk to her now. Where is Jason?” Jukka asked. “We don’t know… why?” Lynn replied slowly. “Because we need to talk with him. Will he be back sometime soon?” HP answered.

“What the fuck did he do?” she demanded harshly, and they could have sworn her eyes changed to a darker color. “Lynn, chill. Maybe he didn’t do anything, they just have a question.” Squint rationalized. “No, we just want to talk to him about Nikki.” Jukka nodded angrily. Squint dropped the board he was trying to break against the picnic table and stared blankly after hearing that.

“Start explaining, or I’ll beat the shit out of your Finnish asses.” Lynn ordered. Never before did a girl in a pink skirt and leggings combo, with a Hello Kittie shirt and pigtails look so terrifying. Any other time they would be teasing and trying to figure out why she was wearing that.

“He hit her when she told him she did not want to have sex with him.” Jarno answered, earning surprised looks from his fellow Finns. “She just told me it was all right to tell them.” He explained. “He what?” Lynn demanded. “She doesn’t want you to go after her, but she says if you can find him and ask why he did it, she would really appreciate it.” He answered. “Fuck yes I will… and then I’ll beat the fuck out of him, cut off his cock, and make him eat it! That little fucker! So much for ‘I miss her so much, I wish I never left her.’ Lying bastard!” she yelled before storming into the house and grabbing Sarah’s keys.

“Squint let’s go, we’re taking her car.” She announced. “Oh, please don’t kill us.” He groaned while getting into the passenger’s seat. If the guys weren’t so worried about Nikki they would have applauded as she screeched tires and threw mud all over the place during her pissed-off-peel-out.

“That bastard. I can’t believe he hit her. How the hell are we supposed to ‘resolve our issues’ as Dave puts it, if he’s gonna do shit like this!” Lynn ranted as they sped to the supermarket where Sarah, Jason, and Dave went for their party supplies so they could celebrate Sarah’s promotion at work. “Forgive me for having to be the calm, responsible friend right now, but are you gonna get arrested again? Because I don’t have the euros to pay bail.” Squint sighed.

“I don’t plan on it, but if shit goes down, shit goes down.”

“Lynn, seriously, don’t, get, arrested! Please?”

“No promises. I’m gonna try not to, but I’m also gonna kick the shit out of him.”

Squint just sighed and rested his head on the window as they sped to town, wondering how she learned to drive so well on the opposite side of the road.

While Lynn was breaking the speed limit on a mission to kill, the Dudesons had all split up and were searching for Nikki, hoping she was all right. It took two hours for HP to walk far enough from Dave’s to find one of her bags. He immediately started calling her name, and picking up his pace, knowing she couldn’t be too far from him.

Nikki was trying not to fall asleep, still listening to Jarno talking to her through the phone, though he must have repeated what he was saying a hundred times by now. “It’s going to be okay,” he’d say, “We’re going to find you, Nikki, just don’t fall asleep. Answer me Nikki, what color is your blanket so we can find you better?” anything to keep her awake and tearfully mumbling to him.

Twenty minutes later she had dropped the phone away from her ear, and it hurt too badly to reach to get it back, so now she didn’t even have that. More tears were running down from her eyes, but it hurt too badly to sob the way she had been before, and she knew that if she started she wouldn’t be able to stop again for a long time.

She couldn’t suppress her sobs though, when HP’s voice echoed around her. He was still pretty far away, and she knew that he had probably found her bag and was looking in the wrong direction, since that was the point of leaving that bag there in the first place. If she didn’t do something, he would never find her because her plan had actually worked, in the least opportune of times. So she did the last thing she wanted to do, she screamed. First she was trying to just shout his name, but taking in a deep breath like that hurt enough to turn his name into a wordless scream of pain. Within minutes though, she didn’t have to scream anymore because he was right there.

“Jarno, I found her. I don’t know why she was screaming, I think she is okay though. I am hanging up the phone, because her battery is about to run out.” He announced after hearing his friend nearly screaming her name through her cell. Jarno volunteered to call the others and let them know while he checked Nikki out to make sure there were no broken bones, or life threatening injuries, as long as he called him back to let them know how she was doing and if they needed to come help. HP agreed and went back to taking care of Nikki.

He carefully checked her ribs for breaks, trying not to hurt her any more than he had to. He was more relieved than she was to find that there was only severe bruising, and no actual breaks anywhere in her body. Although with the pain she was in, her ribs may as well have been broken. Her face was bruised as well, and her lip had been split and scabbed over, as well as leaving dried blood down the side of her face from the way she had been laying, mixing with the blood form the bloody nose he had given her. It was obvious she had taken a kick to the face during his attack, as well as being punched.

“HP, it hurts,” she whimpered. “Shh, I know Nikki, you’ll be okay though. Nothing is broken, that is a good thing.” He nodded, trying to stay positive while wiping some tears from her eyes. “I don’t want to go to the hospital,” she cried, causing her more pain as her body shook. “You won’t have to.” he sighed, “I’m going to call the guys, okay?”

“Don’t leave,”

“I’m not. I’m staying right here, just don’t move too much.”

Jarno, Jarppi, and Jukka had all met up and were about half a mile away when Jarno’s phone started to ring. As soon as he answered he put it on speaker so the others could hear HP’s report over Nikki’s cries and whimpers.

“Nothing is broken, and she does not need to be taken to hospital. She is very bruised and in pain though.” He announced as he sat kneeling beside her, keeping his free hand on her neck and side of her face, offering what little comfort he was able to. “Can she walk?” Jukka demanded. HP looked down at Nikki questioningly, but she answered with a whimper as she shook her head. “I cannot tell if she is saying no, or if she is afraid to try.” He answered. “I don’t want to move,” she explained. “Then don’t, we are coming to get you. We need to go home first.” Jarppi replied. Jarno and Jukka both started talking with him quietly before Jukka took the phone and talked to HP a little before hanging up.

“They are getting the four-wheelers so they can take it into the woods, that way we don’t have to move you too much.” He explained. “Knowing you guys they’ll have some crazy thing to ‘make it easier’.” She replied, trying to laugh but only causing herself more pain. “Probably. Try not to move so much, just relax until they get here.” He sighed with a smile, secretly worried about Jarppi’s plan with the four-wheelers.

Meanwhile Lynn was storming through the store with Squint behind her, searching for her targets. The entire time they had been searching through town for Dave, Jason, and Sarah, Squint had been trying to calm her down and talk her out of the upcoming fight, but she was set on killing someone and he knew that if he didn’t stop that someone would be him.

“Dave!” Lynn shouted suddenly, and took off down the isle, “Where the fuck is your whore-slut girlfriend’s ass-fucking brother?” she demanded. Squint could only sigh, since at the moment that was her attempt at being calm, mature, and civilized, because she wasn’t yelling, yet.

“He’s in the other store, buying food for our cookout. Why?”

“Because he’s a worthless shit and I wanna beat the fuck out of him.” She answered before turning around and heading to the store. “Wait, Lynn. What the hell is going on?” he demanded forcibly. “What the hell is going on? That son of a bitch beat the hell out of Nikki!” she yelled.

“Bullshit. Why would he do that?”

“Because she didn’t want to be his easy-lay, one-night, toy! So instead of taking no, he beat the shit out of her and left her in the woods!”

“Damn it, Lynn. I know you don’t like him but you’re seriously gonna pull this? Sarah told me she heard you talking about trying something like this, but damn!”

“Sarah told you… great! I can finally kill the slut! You’re taking her side, when your sister could be dying somewhere if the guys even found her yet!”

“If she was in trouble, she would have called me! And if the guys were involved in this, they would have called me!”

“Dave, you screamed at her that she was a slut, and a liar, when she was telling you her darkest secrets. Do you know how hard that was for her to do? For her to trust her brother, her own brother, enough to tell you these things? You told her to ‘get her shit and get out’, why would she call you? Of all people, I think you have hurt her the most; she wouldn’t call you because of that. Because you have disowned her!” Squint explained, trying to be calm but it was difficult when someone so close to him was in so much pain because of these people. “You are her only living family, and she was afraid to tell you things that have been done to her because you would act like this. And look! She was right you fuck-ass! You caused this!” Lynn screamed.

By now people muttering to each other in Finnish, watching and waiting to see if this would escalate to physical confrontation, surrounded the three of them. “So if you’ll excuse me, I am going to leave Jason as a bloody mess on the ground. Then I am going to come back and beat the shit out of his sister, and maybe knock the lying, whoring, bitch out of her. And when I’m finished with her, I’m going to seriously beat some sense into you. Maybe then you can start treating your sister like family. But if she’s smart, she’ll never speak to you again. You don’t fucking deserve her in your life.” Lynn spat and turned to leave, letting her pigtails spin in a way that at any other time, or looking back, would have been hilarious in that situation.

“You look like a pissed off cheerleader.” Squint commented as they got into Sarah’s car. “Shut up… I feel like a pissed off cheerleader.” She sighed. “Did you see our audience in there?” he asked. “Yeah, did you see their faces when we left?” she laughed.

“Did you see Dave’s?”

“Yeah,” she laughed, but her laughter was short lived when she saw Jason walking into a hardware store ahead of them. As soon as she parked, she was out and stalking through the door. “Don’t do anything stupid, Lynn!” he sighed as he jogged after her.

“JASON!” she bellowed as soon as she was through the doorway. Everyone in the store stopped what they were doing and turned to face her in confusion; everyone except Jason, who was actually smiling. “YOU SON OF A BITCH!” Lynn screamed and ran at him at her full speed. Jason’s smile fell instantly, but before he could turn to run she jumped at him like a spider monkey. Wearing pink leggings, under a pink skirt, with a white Hello Kittie tank top, and pigtails, she started mercilessly beating him.

Squint knew he should have pulled her off of him, but he also knew that Jason deserved the broken nose, two missing teeth, black eye, and probably broken jaw she gave him before being pulled away by the store manager. “Why-what the fuck?” Jason asked, making it obvious he was trying not to cry, which made it harder for Squint not to laugh. “What the fuck? What the fucking fuck? What the fuck do you think! I told you! I told you that if you ever hurt her again I’d kick your ass!” she roared while struggling against the three men holding her back.

“What are you talking about? I didn’t do a damn thing!”

Now it was Squint’s turn to get mad. He was usually the voice of reason, the one to stay out of the fights and bail everyone out after. Very rarely did he ever throw a punch, but this time was worth it. “Don’t fucking lie to us! She called in tears because you beat her! And why, Jason? Why did it happen?!” he demanded, just waiting for a reason to hit him, waiting for him to give him the reason on his own.

“She’s a lying cunt! You saw how she wanted me when we were using those fireworks to blow up the car! But when I tried to give her what she wanted, she pushed me away! The bitch leads me on, and then does some shit like that! Why shouldn’t I have done that!”

That was it, all Squint needed to be on top of him, beating him worse than Lynn ever though possible from the quiet little guy she knew and loved. On top of what Lynn did, Squint’s knee broke two ribs, and he almost broke his wrist with the sander he grabbed before someone else picked him up and held him back.

After that the manager told them they could leave, or he could call the cops. Lynn wanted them to call so she could put Jason in jail, but Squint knew he would lie his way out of it and get them locked up with no way to pay bail. So he pulled her by the pigtails back to the car and threw the keys at her.

“Sarah’s ass is next.” She growled as they sped back to the house.

Jukka, Jarppi, and Jarno just reached Nikki and were twice as angry with Jason as they were when HP first got her call for help. The guys had designed a way to transport her back to the ranch, without having to move her too much. They built a sort of stretcher, and attached the front to Jarppi’s four-wheeler, and the back to Jarno and Jukka’s. “We are going to lift you onto the four-wheelers, okay Nikki?” Jukka asked as they gathered around her. She answered with hardly understandable pleads through sobs not to move her; she knew it was going to hurt. “Don’t worry Nikki, we are going to be very careful. This isn’t like carrying the couch… I dropped that on purpose actually.” He sighed. HP was the only one able to calm her down again enough for them to figure out away to lift her.

First they folded the sides of her blanket in a little to shorten it, and then each Dudeson took a corner and lifted her from the ground. She instantly cried out as they apologized for causing her more pain and quickly put her onto the stretcher, using the sides of the blanket to cover her up. The guys got onto their four-wheelers, Jukka driving for him and Jarno, while Jarno got on the back and filmed. Jarppi drove for him and HP, while HP sat backwards comforting Nikki, who was still crying.

“Okay guys, take it slow. We do not need to rush this thing.” He announced as they started to roll. It was obvious Nikki was terrified, and if he weren’t trying to convince her it was all right, it would have been obvious he was just as nervous.

It took almost three hours to get back to their ranch, to find Squint and Lynn sitting on the hood of Jarno and Jukka’s cars waiting on them with Sarah’s car parked a short way behind them. “Oh my god, Nikki!” Lynn almost shrieked, running over to them as they parked. “Be careful, we don’t want this to fall.” Jarno ordered when she tried to lean on the stretcher while holding Nikki’s hand. “If it makes you feel any better, we beat the fuck out of him for you.” She smiled. Nikki tried to laugh, but by now she was really just too weak to do anything. “Squint broke two ribs! Squint!” she beamed. “Did you?” Jukka laughed. “She broke his nose, and I think his jaw too. He was kind of a bloody pulp when I got to him.” He shrugged. “That’s too bad. Jukka was going to do the same. Is there anything left for him to hit?” Jarno replied. “Oh yeah, you can punch him in his broken ribs.” Lynn smiled. “Yeah but Jarno wanted to hit him too.” He chuckled. “You can all take turns beating him until he dies. Then we can put him in Sarah’s car, and shoot fireworks into it until they blow up!” she announced. “After we tie her up and leave her in the back seat.” Squint added.

They continued explaining every detail to Jarno and Jukka of putting Jason in his place, while HP and Jarppi carried Nikki’s stretcher into the house. “Okay, this is going to hurt again, we have to move you into the bed.” Jarppi explained. “Okay,” she mumbled, only giving pained whimpers and groans when they moved her, instead of the scream she had before. As soon as she was in the bed Jarppi covered her up and lefts, giving his friend a pat on the shoulder on the way out.

“Are you okay?” he asked, carefully sitting on her bed beside her. “Stupid question, HP.” She murmured, hardly opening her eyes in response.

“Yeah, it was. There’s not a lot for us to say right now.”

“I know… you have a pulp of a girl in your bed, and her two best friends are probably going to get arrested for murder in the near future.”

“Only if they follow through with their plans.” He smiled.

This time she was able to open her eyes all the way, “One time, Lynn stabbed Squint’s ex-girlfriend with a fork because she was being pissy.” She smiled.

“What did she do?”

“I don’t remember… something about screwing around on Squint and then denying it I think. Lynn is a violent person.”

“Yeah, I’ve seen it. Jason is probably going to die then.”

She gave a slight laugh before cringing in pain again. “Don’t do funny things, HP. It hurts me.”

“Sorry,” he smiled as she closed her eyes again.

They sat quietly for a few minutes before he got up and left. He nearly scared her to death when he came back and started rubbing something ice cold across the side of her face. “What are you doing?” she groaned. “Cleaning some of the blood off of your face. I am sorry for scaring you.” He answered quietly. “No… it’s okay. I just, I thought you was Jason. I was asleep and dreaming I guess.” She muttered.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey, none of that anymore. You do not have to be afraid of him, we will keep you safe.” He promised, wiping her new tears away before going back to gently washing the blood from her face.

Even after Nikki had fallen asleep he stayed in his place sitting beside her, since he had promised before that he wouldn’t leave. “You like her,” Lynn grinned, appearing behind him and startling him quite a bit. “Admit it, Finn-boy, you like her.” She laughed while moving to sit on the floor beside where he was sitting, since there wasn’t much room on the bed. “She is a good friend.” He shrugged. “Not what I meant, and you know it. Since our parties in the hotel room, I’ve noticed you staring at her and being quietly protective over her. When you realized how freaked out she was over your prank when she was stuck in a suitcase with Jukka, you looked like a sad kitten, locked out in the pouring rain.” She laughed quietly.

HP stayed quiet.

“She likes you, too. But not like she liked Jason… I dunno, she’s weird. She likes you and refuses to show it. Just trust me on this one because she would not have agreed to let you carry her when she screwed up her ankle if she didn’t. Even passed out from the parties she seemed too not to like being carried. You don’t have to move on it, but don’t think just because she still likes Jason that she doesn’t like you; she likes you more than him, otherwise she wouldn’t have asked you to stay with her.” And with that she left a note at the foot of the bed for Nikki, and left him alone with his thoughts.

He knew Jarppi knew he liked her, he had told him earlier that day. But he never would have thought Lynn would have picked up on it.

While HP took care of Nikki, Jarno, Jukka, and Squint went to Dave’s to get his and Lynn’s things. They had talked and decided before the guys brought Nikki back that they were moving out. Lynn wanted to go, but was ordered to stay home and go with Jarppi to get Nikki’s things on the four-wheelers since they had to be left behind when they went to get her.

“What the fuck?” Dave bellowed as soon as he saw Squint getting out of Jukka’s car. “We’re just here to get mine and Lynn’s things, and we’re leaving. Dave we can’t stay here anymore.” He replied calmly. “Damn straight you can’t! Your shit is by the garage, get it and get the fuck off my property.” He spat.

“What about Nikki, you aren’t worried about her?” Jarno asked in disbelief. Dave had always talked Nikki up, had always raved about his baby sister, and how much he loved her, and how he couldn’t wait for her to move into his house so they could be a family again. Now it seemed like everything he said was an act. “She’s been lying to me about everything. Sarah was right about her… I just didn’t want to believe my sister was a crack-whore.” He answered darkly. Jukka was going to help Squint with the luggage, but after hearing that turned around and punched Dave in the jaw first. “Nikki is not a crack-whore… you are her brother; you should know that. We have only known her a few days and we know that!” he spat.

“Jarno, let’s go. Everything’s loaded up.” Squint sighed as Dave stood in shock, holding his aching jaw. “I don’t think you will be seeing much of Nikki anymore.” Jarno informed before getting back into the car so they could leave.

Lynn and Jarppi had already gone and brought back all of Nikki’s belongings and were sitting in the living room with HP when they got back. “Lynn, you were right, Jukka hit Dave!” Squint announced as they brought their things in. “Good job, Jukka.” She nodded. He nodded in return and went back out for the last of the bags.

“How’s Nikki?” Jarno asked as he sat down with them. “She is still sleeping.” HP answered. “She needs sleep from that beating, if he took it any farther he could have killed her.” Lynn muttered. “Yeah, she is going to be all right though, once the bruises heal enough for her to move around again.” Jarppi announced, bringing a more positive note to the room.

“So while you guys were out HP and Jarppi helped me with reading that paper, and we found a place in town for us, Squint. It’s a small two-bedroom, and with the money I brought over from home, we can cover the first month’s rent. We’ll have to do some serious job-hunting though.” Lynn announced. “Great, we’ll go out first thing tomorrow?” he replied. She nodded and retired to the floor so she could get some sleep as well.