Status: Hiatus

Lips of an Angel

Ass Chewings

Michelle wiped the beads of sweat off of her forehead with a rag. She had spent all morning and most of the afternoon planting flowers in the backyard for her mom. Most of them were already in bloom, but some of them had to wait until next spring before they sprouted their beautiful petals. Michelle didn't know why planting always made her feel at ease; the events from a few nights ago perished from her mind. As she began to water the plants her phone began to ring loudly. She curiously wondered who it was since she hasn't gotten that many calls since she moved to West Chester.

She peeled off her gloves before pulling her phone out of her apron. Michelle's heart leaped when she saw whose name flashed on the caller i.d. How dare he call her. He did this to her mom and now he had the balls to call his eldest daughter. Michelle debated on answering the phone, but she decided she should go ahead because her dad Charles would keep calling her all day until she answered.

"What do you want?" she asked in a hateful tone.

She could hear her dad sighing on the other end of the line.

"Michelle, please just hear me out. I really want to see you and explain to you what happened between your mother and I."

"What is there to explain?" Michelle shouted. "You cheated on her. Plain and simple."

"Will you come over to my apartment? I really miss you princess."

"I'm not your princess anymore."

"Okay, well I'll text you my address if you want to stop by."

Michelle didn't respond. She hung up the phone quickly. She didn't know if she wanted to see her dad or not. Right now she was so pissed off at him. How could he act like nothing happened? That's what a typical man would do. Pretend like they never did anything. Michelle wasn't going to let him slide from what he did to their family. Dianne was sitting at the kitchen table talking on the phone. When she finished she glanced up at Michelle.

"Work is killing me. I'm so glad I run my own business. If not I would've been canned a long time ago."

Dianne owned a small candle shop where she made her own candles and sold a few boutiques. She had a few workers that were giving her shit about not coming in and doing inventory. Michelle wondered if her mom would let her work for her.

"If you need me to work for you I will mom. It won't be a problem." Michelle said as she took a seat at the table.

Dianne smiled at her daughter. "Aren't you going to work at The Note with Andrea?"

Michelle shook her head. "I really don't think Bam will hire me after last night. He basically curse me out in front of God and everyone."

"About the baby?" asked Dianne.

"Yeah."

Dianne reached across the table for her daughter's hands. She felt so upset about the decisions her and Charles made. They didn't want a baby to ruin Michelle's future. Dianne wanted her to carry the baby so Michelle could give it up for adoption, but Charles insisted she get an abortion.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry about the baby. You know how your father is. He's a stubborn fool who only thinks of himself."

"Speaking of dad, he called me wanting me to come see him."

Dianne's face hardened. "What did you tell him?"

"I didn't give him an answer. He said he'll text me his address in case I wanted to stop by. I really don't want to see him mom."

Dianne didn't want her daughter's hating their father for his mistake. They were still his children. She just nodded not wanting to push the issue. Michelle had grown up into a smart young woman and if she wanted to see her father she would see him in her own time.

"You do whatever you want to do baby." she patted her hands. "By the way the garden looks beautiful! You should become a gardener!"

Michelle smiled. "Grandma Rowan taught me well!"

"She sure did."

~*~

Michelle glanced down at her phone then up at the apartments where her dad lived. She thought she should go ahead and get this over with. With a hard sigh she climbed out of her car and headed towards the apartment building. Her dad was in apartment 6B. Michelle didn't know how this would go or what would be said. She just knew her dad had an ass chewing coming his way. She loudly knocked on the door and waited until her dad opened it. His usual clean shaved face was adorned in scrubble, he had bags under his eyes, and it looked like he hadn't showered in a few days.

His eyes did light up when he saw Michelle standing in the doorway. Charles went to give his daughter a hug but she backed away from him. She wasn't going to let him hug her. There was so much hatred towards him she had to somehow let it out.

"You look like shit." she honestly told him.

"I haven't been feeling good the past few days."

"Hmm...that's what you get for cheating on your wife."

Charles sighed loudly. "If you came over here to fight you can leave now."

"Either I get this out in the open or you don't ever see me again."

"I know you hate me; hell I hate myself right now."

"You should."

Michelle didn't waste any time chewing her dad a new asshole. She basically told him that he didn't deserve her mom, that he was a douche bag, he was pathetic, and he didn't deserve to have her or Andrea in his life. He just stood there taking it like a man until she was finished.

"I deserved that." He replied softly. "I didn't mean for it to happen. It just happened. If it helps I do miss your mom and you're right I don't deserve her. It was great to see you Michelle."

"No, I have one more thing. Because of you making me get an abortion Bam hates me now."

Charles rolled his eyes. "You're too good for that prick. He cheated on you too with that Jenn girl."

Michelle's eyes went wide. "What? How do you know that?"

"I saw them together. That's why I made you get an abortion babe. I didn't want you to get hurt even more than you would've been if you found out about them."

Michelle felt her heart sink. Bam had cheated on her with Jenn? She knew that the two dated after she moved away, but then broke up several years ago then he married Missy and divorced her. She didn't know what to think. He had no right to get pissed off at her when he cheated on her with Jenn. Her cell phone began to ring loudly in her purse. She saw it was a number she didn't recognize. She answered it only to hear his voice on the other end.

"Hey, can we talk?" asked Bam on the other end.

"Yeah, we have a lot to talk about. Where do you want to meet at?"

"The Note." he replied.

"I'll see you there." she hung up the phone and looked at her dad. "I'll see you later dad. I have another ass chewing to dish out!"

She sped off in her car with her blood boiling. How many ass chewings was she going to give out today. Bam had it coming to him from the way he acted last night and to her just finding out that he cheated on her with Jenn. She wondered if Ryan or any of the other guys new about this. If they knew and didn't tell her she wasn't going to be a happy camper with them either.