Easy To Hate?

Pt. 18

Nick actually stopped playing to be with me. Tyson was more or less pissed.
I just laughed.

Nick and I were laying on the couch, I had my head on his chest when Chris started screaming he was hungry.

"Shut the hell up!" Tyson said.

Ty reached for the Playstation controller and began to play by himself.

We'd been on the road for two hours and even I was getting hungry. I remembered I'd packed some animal crackers and I went to my bunk and pulled them out of my tote.

I returned to the couch and offered Nick some.

"Aw, thanks babe." he said. Chris walked by us. "Can I have some?" he pouted. I laughed and gave him a handful.

It was obvious everyone was starved. Tyson asked the driver (Frank, I learned) when we were going to stop. "Next exit, actually." he informed us.

Everyone sighed in relief.

Mike and Chris sat down on the floor by the couch.

"We've heard a lot about you." Chris said. I looked up at Nick. "Yeah, he never shut up." Mike laughed.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Just that he felt like a dumbass for dumping you." Tyson explained.

"Thanks assholes." Nick said. "What did we do?" Chris asked.

The bus had come to a stop, making us all cheer.

Damn, if we get bored that fast, we're screwed.

Nick grabbed my hand, restraining him and I the only two people on the bus.

He pulled me towards him and kissed me.

"Nick, sweetie, I'm hungry. I'm definitely not in the mood." I told him. He just laughed. "That wasn't what I wanted." he said. I stared at him. "Okay, I want that, but not now." he said.

"You're such a dude." I said, dragging him off the bus. "Now that I think about it, how many chances are we going to have to be alone?" Nick asked. "Nick!" I whined.

He sighed and walked towards the gas station with me.

"I'm totally stocking up." I told him. I grabbed four Pepsis, some candy, and chips.

Nick had gone to the Burger King across the street to eat. He said he'd get me a hamburger. He knows I hate cheese.

I paid and left. I walked towards the Neon Blood bus, and was greeted by Alex.

"Hey, you're Kammy, right?" he asked. I nodded.

"Did you get ditched to?" he asked. "Not really, I just wanted some junk food. I'm going over to the Burger King now. Coming with?" I asked him. He nodded and walked with me.

We met up with our groups and parted. Haylee came and ate with Nick and I though.

"Hey, how's your bus ride been?" she asked. "Fun. I had to pry Nick away from the Playstation." I told her.

She laughed.

"Isn't it weird being on a bus with all guys?" she asked. "It really is." I agreed. Nick looked insulted. "You have me though." he said, frowning.