Easy To Hate?

Pt. 19

Everyone finished eating and Declan and Haylee joined Nick and I on the Rejects bus. Tyson, Chris, and Mike went with Alex and Jorden to play Playstation without being interuppted.
Declan and Nick started discussing guitars,so Haylee and I went to my bunk and sat down to talk.

We talked about absolutely nothing for an hour and a half, and suddenly the conversation took a serious turn.

"Kammy, can I tell you something that you swear not to tell anyone else?" Haylee asked.

I nodded.

She leaned closer towards me a softened her voice to a whisper. "I think I'm pregnant." she said.

My eyes grew wide. I was sort of speechless. "What? Are you one of those people that say I'm going to hell for having sex before marriage?" she asked defensively. "No! God - No! I'm sorry it seemed like that. I just didn't know what to say." I told her.

"Oh. Sorry I kind of snapped..." she apoligized. "Have you taken the test?" I asked.

"Not yet, I'm too scared." she admitted. "You've got to know one way or the other." I told her. "I bought a test at the supermarket across from the Burger King... I just... Don't want to take it." she said.

"You have to. Does Declan know?" I asked. "No. Hell no. He'd flip out and call off the tour." she said.

"Take the test. Now, please?" I begged. Soon, Haylee gave in and went to the bathroom.

She returned to the bunk to wait for the three minutes to be up. "How long does a pregnancy test fucking take?" she asked, constantly staring at the clock. I'll even admit that was a long three minutes. When it was finally up, Haylee returned with the test and she wanted me to read it.

She turned her head and showed it to me. Sure enough, there was a tiny plus sign on the test.

"What is it? What does it say?" she asked.

"You're having a baby..." I said quietly.

Haylee immediately started balling. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug. Declan and Nick heard her, so they came to see what was up.

"Babe, whats wrong?" Declan asked taking her from my arms. She looked at me, asking me with her eyes. All I could do was nod slowly. "Lets talk in here..." she said, taking him towards the couch.

Nick sat down on the bunk next to me. "What happened?" he asked. I pointed towards the pregnancy test now laying on the floor. Nick's eyes grew wider than mine had when I found out she might be pregnant. "Oh." was all he could muster.

"She thinks Declan will call off the tour for them." I explained.

"Maybe they need to?" Nick questioned.

"They won't be able to do the full year, but they can do a few months, before she starts showing." I said.

I leaned back, laying my head on Nick's chest. "Glad we never had that problem." he said quietly. I thought back to the first time we'd slept together. I was seventeen, and paranoid, so immediately after, I thought I was pregnant. Obviously I wasn't, but it prevented me from doing it again. "Yeah... Could you imagine having a baby right now?" I asked.

"Yes." Nick said without hesitation. "How? We're only nineteen years old." I questioned. "Age wouldn't matter to me if I had a baby with you." he said softly. I couldn't help but think it was sweet. "I'm not saying I don't want to have kids, I'm just saying... We're so young." I explained.

"I know." Nick said.