Easy To Hate?

Pt. 20

After an hour of talking, Haylee stopped crying. Nick and I decided to join them.
Declan and Haylee were on the couch, and Haylee was laying her head on Declan's lap.

"So... Is everything okay?" I asked, sitting in a chair. Nick sat in the other. Neither responded.

"Sorry." I added quickly.

"We're going to quit the tour." Declan said solemnly. "Why?" I asked.

"She's pregnant, I can't have her performing." Declan said. He was pissed as hell that they'd have to quit. I could tell from his voice that he was the reason Haylee had been crying. The fact that she was having a baby wasn't the thing that was depressing her. The tour was.

"You guys can perform a few shows. You've got to get your name out there." I said. Haylee laughed. "I'm having a baby. The band will have to find a new bassist." Haylee said.

I sat silently. What could I say to that? I had no right to tell either of them what to do, and I'd never been in that situation.

"So you're saying that Neon Blood is done?" Nick finally spoke up. "I don't know." Declan sighed.

"You have two other guys in the band to think about." Nick continued. "You don't think I know that? Those guys are my best friends." Declan replied.

I wanted so badly to scream at Declan. The only thing he was caring about was the band. Not the fact that in nine months, he would be a dad.

It got silent for a few minutes. I wanted to tell them what I thought they should do, but I couldn't.

I couldn't take the silence. "When are you guys going to tell Alex and Jorden?" I asked.

"The next time we stop. I don't want to tell them over the phone." Haylee said.

I nodded.

We drove on for another two hours, and Haylee and I had retreated back to the bunks. Nick and Declan were talking, probably about a more serious matter than guitars this time.

Haylee started crying again. "Don't cry... It's not that bad." I said softly.

"Declan is so mad. Its like he hates me for it or something." she sobbed. "He loves you. He's just frustrated... You guys are beginning a tour." I told her.

"I guess." she said, wiping her face with a tissue I gave her.

The mountain of tissues forming around Haylee reminded me of Gracie... and home... and how much I was already missing them.

But, I had a feeling I had a best friend sitting in front of me. She'd be there... If she didn't drop the tour because of her pregnancy...