Easy To Hate?

Pt. 22

Tyson didn't stop bugging the hell out of me.
Luckily the aspirin kicked in soon and I felt better.

The one thing I hadn't noticed the night before was Alex and Jorden on our bus.

I was greeted by them when I went was on my way to the shower.

They were playing video games with Chris and Mike.

I decided to join them.

"Can you play?" Chris asked.

"Yes, I can thank you very much." I said proudly. I really hadn't picked up a controller since the Nintendo 64 though...

It was a fighting game, I didn't remember the name but I was on a team with Jorden. Alex and Chris were together.

"It's okay if we lose. This game sucks." Jorden whispered to me. "Thanks." I whispered back.

We started playing and Jorden and I got our asses kicked. I got shit for it since I was all talk.

Jorden and I got sick of playing, so we just talked.

Nick and Tyson were messing around with their guitars.

"How long have you and Nick been together?" Jorden asked.

"Total? Three years. This time? A week or so." I told him.

"Oh, you broke up?" he asked. "He dumped me once, yeah."

"Why? If I'm not being annoying." he asked. "The band. He thought we wouldn't see each other. Then I had to come with them here, and we got back together." I explained.

"I don't want to offend you or anything... But what if when they get big he..." he asked.

"What?"

"I don't know... Cheats?"

"No. Nick wouldn't. He loves me." I told him, a little offended.

"Oh, okay. Cool." he said.

"Do you have a girlfriend Jorden?" I asked.

"No. After the last girl I was with, I stopped dating for a while."

"What happened?" I asked.

"She cheated." he said.

"I'm sorry. Thats awful." I said.

"Not a big deal, I guess." he tried to shrug it off.

"Did you guys hear the news?" I asked, remembering Haylee and Declan.

"Haylee? Yeah... Declan wants us to quit. I told him thats bullshit." he said.

"You guys could do a couple months, until she starts showing." I suggested. "Declan isn't the only member. And yet, he still takes over."

"That sucks." I said. There was a little awkward silence.

"Do you play anything Kammy?" he asked.

"I used to. Nick tought me how to play guitar back in high school." I said.

"Cool. I've been playing drums since I was nine." he said.

"Thats so cute." I laughed.

Jorden saw my phone laying next to me and he picked it up.

"We're about to stop for gas I think." Jorden said, fumbling with the keypad on my phone. "I'm probably going to have to go back to my bus. Text me." he said, putting the phone back down.

He got up and found Alex when the bus stopped.

They both got off and returned to their buses, leaving me bored.

Nick and Tyson were in writing mode, and I couldn't face Mike and Chris without hearing trash.

I decided to call Gracie. She picked up after two rings. "Kammy, whats up?" she answered.

"Not even a week into it and we've already got drama." I said. "Like....?" she questioned.

"This girl Haylee from the band we're touring with is pregnant, and they might be quitting the tour." I dished.

"Damn." Gracie replied. "So, how are you and Mack?" I asked.

"Good. He's got this crazy obsession with this drumset he bought though."

"Mack plays drums?" I asked.

"Apparently now he does."

"I woke up with a hangover from hell this morning." I said.

"Party like a rockstar do you?" she joked. "Oh haha, very funny. I got so bombed last night..." I said. Gracie and I talked for two more hours about almost nothing, but she had to go because Mack was coming over.