Easy To Hate?

Pt. 25

The next day was awfully boring. We had to stay in the hotel.

Nick couldn't have been more excited. Their first real show.

We were done to an hour before the show, and we were all backstage. Nick and Mike were tuning their guitars, Tyson was being Tyson, and the rest were all nervous wrecks.

"Oh my God..." Haylee whispered, as she sat down on the couch next to me. "What?" I asked. "I think I'm going to puke." she said, looking sick.

"Is it just nerves?!" I asked worriedly. "Yeah, I just need to breathe." she sighed.

Declan brought her some water and tried to calm her down. She'd performed before, but never in front of a crowd like this.

Nick didn't talk to me much before the show.

A big man named Bill came in and yelled "Five minutes!"

Chris and Nick were the calmest of all. I noticed Tyson start to get a little jittery.

Nick stood up with his guitar.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah." he said, kissing me.

"Good luck. I love you." I said.

"Thanks, I love you too." he replied.

"Let's go!" Bill said. Nick, Tyson, Mike, and Chris all head out to the stage.

I heard the screams, and made my way to the side of the stage where I'd be able to see Nick play, but be out of the way.

They looked like naturals. The way they played made it seem as if they had been playing their entire lives.

Nick would occasionally smile towards me.

When it was Neon Blood's slot, Nick, Tyson, Mike, and Chris all walked off stage drenched with sweat.

Nick, who luckily was the least sweaty of all gave me a huge hug.

"Damn, I'm sorry." he said.

"It's not a big deal. This time." I joked, wiping sweat from my arms.

Haylee and Jorden both hugged me as they walked out. I wished them all luck and went to find Nick.

When I hadn't succeeded in finding him, I went to watch Haylee and the guys play. They were good too, but very different from The Rejects. They were a hardcore screamo band. Not that I didn't know that, but their live performance was much more adrenaline pumping.

They finished their set and it was eleven o'clock.

Everyone was exhausted so when we got back to the hotels, we all quickly showered and head to bed.