Easy To Hate?

Pt. 27

"Home?" I repeated. He was sending me home?

"You're miserable. I don't want you to be sad all the time." he said softly.

"Nick, no. Please?" I begged. Which probably confused him more. I mean, one second I was balling, the next I was beggin to stay.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"I love you." I said. I would live with being homesick for a year. I had him after all.

"I love you too." he smiled.

---

Over the course of the next two months, the Rejects had done twelve shows. I'd basically gotten over being homesick. It was sad, but I kind of lost touch with Gracie and Mack.

I had new best friends. Jorden, Alex, and Haylee were always there. Declan was kind of an asshole, I tried to avoid him.

Sadly, I was starting to suspect Jorden was doing drugs. I caught his hands shaking violently after a show... I don't know, I could be paranoid. He still misses Jamie.

We were in Florida. Daytona Beach to be exact. The Rejects and Neon Blood had already gotten a fan base.

"Kammy! Your cell phone is ringing!" Mike called after me. I was on the balcony of the hotel we were at. The atlantic was really pretty.

I rushed to my phone, but missed the call. I didn't recognize the number, and they didn't leave a voice mail, so I left it alone.

Nick was out exploring the hotel. Tyson was probably hitting on girls on the beach. Mike was attempting to take a nap. I didn't know where Chris was. I also didn't know where Neon Blood was.

So, I decided to go for a walk on the beach.

I took the elevator down with a really annoying kid and her mother. When I got to the ground floor, I quickly stepped off and made my way to the doors.

I loved the salty smell of the ocean breeze. I looked around and saw a few families playing with their kids, some young couples making out, and some hopeless nerds with metal detectors. Do they ever find anything? I wondered.

I put my hands in my jacket pockets and started to walk. It was getting late, and the sun was about to set. The chilly evening air was starting to set in. I took note of how much of a loner I looked like.

My cell buzzed.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kammy, where are you?" It was Nick.

"Walking on the beach. Come out with me." I said.

"Sure." he said, hanging up. I was a little shocked. He never hung up without saying goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and sucky. You'll forgive me. Won't you?