Easy To Hate?

Pt. 29

A week after Jorden's death, his funeral and burial were held.

His mother was such a sweet lady. And he had a thirteen year old sister who was crushed. Abbi was her name.

Neon Blood had totally dropped the tour, and basically stopped playing. Without Jorden... They weren't the band. They weren't anything.

I was sad when Haylee, Declan, and Alex all went home. They all said they'd keep in touch. It was about time for them to quit anyway. Haylee was going to need some serious rest.

As for the Rejects, they dedicated the rest of their shows to Jorden.

We wre sitting on the bus on our way to New York when Nick sat next to me.

"Are you going to be okay Kam?" he asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"You seem really... withdrawn." he said.

"I'm fine, Nick."

"You just seem really-"

"How the hell am I supposed to be?!" I snapped.

"Damn it Kammy! I know you miss Jorden, but we haven't talked at all since he died! It's like you were in love with him." he yelled back.

"How fucking dare you." I screamed.

"I know you miss him. We all miss him..." Nick calmed down.

"He was like my brother!" I cried.

"I know you guys were close."

"What? Were we too close?"

"You're putting words into my mouth." Nick said quietly.

"Oh sure I am." I said nastily.

"I love you Kammy, but if we're going to make this work we can't fight like this." he said, softening his voice even more.

I stopped.

"I know what you're doing." I said. Oh, I knew exactly what he was doing.

"What?" he said, surprised.

"Are you seriously using Jorden's death as an excuse to dump me? Are you really that low?" I accused.

"What the hell?!" he said.

"You were barely speaking to me in Florida. Were you going to do it then? Was Jorden's death an inconvience until now?" I said, screaming through the sobs.

He couldn't be doing this.

"You have some serious issues. You really do. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you. It was the exact fucking opposite! That day on the beach, I was going to propose." Nick said, getting up and walking away from me.

I just sat in total shock.

Wait, what? Then it finally caught up to me.

Nick had gone his bunk, and I quickly followed.

"Nick?" I asked.

He was lying down, not even bothering to look at me.

"Go to hell." he replied.

"Nick, I'm sorry... I just... I really thought you were dumping me. That's what it seemed like." I said.

"I don't even care anymore." Nick said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"About us. I don't care anymore." he said.

Those words stung.

"You don't mean that..." I whispered.

"The sad thing is, I do." he replied.

"You really are breaking up with me..." I said, more to myself then to him.

"I guess so."

The rest of the band had heard the entire fight. Every last bit of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwh :[[[
the next chapter is going to be the last.

but i'm not going to post it until i get comments... sorry.