Easy To Hate?

Pt. 30

Four Months Later...

Yes, Nick and I did break up.

Yes, I did go home and sob uncontrollably for the next week.

No, I wasn't just crying because he dumped me.

I was crying because I was having his baby. I didn't know I was pregnant until the day after we broke up.

I wanted to call him, and at least tell him. I chickened out though.

So, I'm five months pregnant.

I've returned to college, and haven't spoken to Nick once. Not even Tyson or Haylee. No one except my parents, Gracie, Mack, and any other student at my college know about the baby.

Gracie was happy to have me back, but sad about the reason. Mack wants to kick Nick's ass, but in all fairness, I still haven't mentioned the baby to him.

It's going to hurt me to have this baby. I'll think of Nick every time I look at him or her. But that'll probably make me love it more. That's how much Nick means to me.

Everything was going to work out, in some way. I don't know how yet, but I know it will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five Months Later

Gracie and Mack drove me to the hospital, on February fifth to deliver Carolyn Nicole. She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Ever. My parents rushed down to the hospital and were with me.

The doctors had taken Carolyn while I got a chance to rest.

I had fallen asleep easily. I must've been out for three hours before I felt someone kissing my forehead.

I opened my eyes and thought I was still dreaming... Actually, I was sure I was dreaming... Because Nick was standing over me.

But I wasn't dreaming.

"Kam..." he whispered, "Go back to sleep."

"Nick?! What are you- How did you-" I started questioning.

"Mack called me when the doctors brought you in here. I drove as fast as I could." he told me.

"Oh..." I said.

"Why didn't you tell me? About anything?" he asked. He looked truly hurt. But he hurt me.

"You were pretty harsh about dumping me. I was just afraid you might think I was making it up, or something. I don't know." I said.

"She's my baby though, right?" he asked.

"Of course she's yours." I told him.

"Kammy, I never would've thought you were making it up. I love you too much." he said.

"Then why the hell did you break up with me?" I asked.

"You would freak out on me whenever I tried to talk to you. I couldn't say anything without it being insensitive." he explained.

"I'm sorry..." I said, really meaning it. It was selfish of me to not call him and tell him about his baby.

"I am too." he said. He leaned over and kissed me.

"I must look awful." I said, blushing. I did, after all, just get done delivering a baby.

"You look beautiful. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.. Through everything." he said.

"It's my fault. You had no idea, until Mack called you." I said.

"What's done is done. I'm here now. And I want to be a father." he said.

"I want you to, too."

Nick took my hand and just smiled.

Then there was a knock on the door and a nurse brought Carolyn in, wrapped up in a pink blanket.

"She's perfectly healthy." she said, handing her to me as I sat up.

The nurse quickly stepped out.

I glanced over to Nick, who I saw with a single tear streaming down his face. When he noticed me looking, he quickly wiped it away.

"Can I... Hold her? Please?" he asked.

"Of course." I said, slowly handing her to him. The way he held onto her made me want to cry. He was so gentle, and loving. Like always.

"Carolyn Nicole Wheeler." I said quietly.

"Kammy?" Nick said, still looking at Carolyn.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWHHHHH :D :D :D
You guys didn't really think I'd break them up??? Right?
ahaha.

It's up to you guys if you want a sequel or not.

If I get ten comments I'll post a sequel.