Easy To Hate?

Pt. 5

"Nick?"
"Kammy, oh my God..." was the reply...
And even though I wasn't given an answer to my question... I knew it was him.
"Hi Nick." I said.
"Hi..." he replied.
It sounded as if he didn't know what to say.
"So... What do we need to talk about?" I asked.

It took him a second.
"Oh, the text. Right. Is it possible for us to... I don't know... Meet somewhere?" he asked.
"I guess so. Where?" I asked.
"Actually, I'll come down there." he said.
"What?" <p> "I'll come see you."
"Nick, what is this about?" I asked.
"I have to talk to you in person." <p> What the hell?

"Okay, when?" I asked.
"Tomorrow afternoon. I'll call you and tell you where to meet me. Okay?" he said.
"Sure..."
"Good. I have to go. Chris is calling me." he said, quickly hanging up on me.

Okay then... First off, what the hell was that about? And who is Chris?
So many things were running through my mind...
He acted so weird.
I sort of shook it off and made my way back to my dorm.

Gracie was in a class, so I didn't think I'd have to worry about cheering her up.
But, as I opened the door, there she was, crying her eyes out on the couch.
"Aren't you supposed to be in a class right now?" I asked her.
She blew her nose and looked at me. She looked awful... I felt so bad for her. There was a mountain of tissues piled around her.
"Yeah..." she said simply.
"Hon, I think you should go." I told her.
"I can't right now... I just can't." she sobbed.
"I know it hurts." I said, sitting next to her and wrapping my arm around her.
"I thought he was better than that. I thought he loved me." her eyes were swollen from crying so much.
"He is a total jackass for doing this to you."
"I know, but I still love him, and want him back Kammy..."
"It'll take a while for you to get over it." I told her. And I meant it. I knew she'd ask me how long it took me to get over Nick, so I decided to just answer her.

"I'm still not over Nick."
"Yeah, but you don't have to see him anymore." she said.
"Actually... He called me. And I'm meeting up with him tomorrow." I told her.
"Really? When did this happen?" she asked.
"Ten minutes ago. I have no clue what its about though."
"Weird." she said.

"Sweetie, take a shower, get dressed, and go to class. You're stronger than this." I said.
She stood up and looked around her. She began to pick up the used tissues.
"Just go, I'll clean this up." I said.
"Really?" she asked.
"You'll owe me for this." I joked, making a nasty face as I discarded some of the tissues.
She got ready for class and left.
I felt so bad for her. She was a mess.

I stared at my cell phone. Almost wanting to call Nick. I had his number... All I had to do was call it. No. I couldn't, and I wouldn't. I would be seeing him the next day.
Instead, I called Mack. He answered on the second ring.
"Hey Kammy, whats up?" he asked.
"Eh. I'm bored. Wanna go for a walk?" I asked.
"Sure. I'll meet you in the courtyard?"
"See ya there." I said, hanging up.