Easy To Hate?

Pt. 6

Mack and I walked around campus for at least an hour, laughing and talking.
I told him about my phone call with Nick.

He had the same reaction as me, "What the hell??"

Mack said that Nick probably realized how much of a dumbass he was for dumping me. I just laughed at the thought. False hope wasn't what I needed at the moment.

I was starting to get tired, and I told Mack I wanted to take a nap before my literature class.

I made my way back to my dorm room and was happy to find a completely empty, Gracie-free dorm.

That sounds completely evil, but you'd get sick of a moping person too.

I enjoyed the moment by taking a nice, hour-long nap.

However, my dream ruined everything... It was me and Nick... Back together... Happy...

I hate dreams. It's your minds way of shoving what you don't want to think about, or admit, in your face.

My cell phone alarm snapped me out of a kiss with Nick, and I brushed my hair and left for class.

It was the same old boring crap. I hated literature. Always had. So I pretty much continued my nap through that class.

It was an easy class. So easy I could sleep through it and come out with a B-.

The thing about literature class that was different from all the rest was the text message I got.

Kammy, I'm sorry, this can't wait. Meet me in front of the west building.

It was from Nick.

I was almost scared... He was freaking me out.

Then I got excited. Nick was actually here.

I couldn't wait for class to end. And soon enough, it did. I quickly, and I mean quickly made my way to the west building. It wasn't far from where I was.

And when I reached it, you could've knocked me over with a feather.

My Nick was sitting on a bench, patiently waiting for me. I couldn't explain how I felt in words if I tried.

Nick looked equally excited.