Easy To Hate?

Pt. 8

I'll admit, I was scared from what Nick said. But I didn't want him to see that.
"You're just over-reacting." I told him.

"No! I'm not." he said, grabbing my shoulders.

This is when I got truely scared.

"Well, I can watch out for myself." I assured him.

"I don't want to risk it."

"What do you want me to do? Drop out of school?!" I questioned.

"Actually..."

"Nick, what the hell? I can't just drop out because you think some crazy bitch is gonna come after me!" I told him.

"I didn't want to show you this, but I have proof! She sent me a letter threatening your life." Nick said, pulling out a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

His hand was shaking as he handed it to me.

I slowly unfolded it, and it read:

Nick... You know we belong together. I'll do whatever it takes. Even if that means the girl must go.

If the "girl" hadn't been me, I would've laughed, because this seemed like the dumbest chick in the world.

Instead, I stood silent.

"Do you see now?" Nick asked.

"I can't drop out. There's security on campus. I'll be fine Nick." I said, trying to assure myself, more than him.

"I don't want to be the reason you get hurt...or worse."

"Have you gone to the police with this?" I asked.

"Yeah. They aren't taking it seriously. They think it's a prank."

"Could it be a prank?"

"No, Kammy. It's not." Nick stared at me. Pleading with his eyes.

"Couldn't she find me just as easily if I dropped out?" I asked.

"We're about to go on tour. We'll have tons of security...Kammy, the only way I'd feel safe is if you came with us." Nick said.