I Lost Her

1/1

"C'mon, Embry, let's go!" Elizabeth laughed as she grabbed onto my hand and pulled me towards the water. I smiled at the sound of her laugh, the beautiful ring it had, the sound was like a melodic symphony just for my ears. She was the love of my life, the imprint, my very own. And I loved her.

"You're going to get sick," I chuckled, pulling her back.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and reached up to kiss my cheek, I felt the sting glide across my skin. "Em, I'm immune to sickness, you should already know that." She winked, letting out a giggle before sneakily slipping out of my arms and running over to the water.

"You better run!" I yelled before I took off and chased her around First Beach, laughing along with her as I went to grab her, but she easily got out of my grasp and began to run again.

"Embry Call, you're such a mess when it comes to tag," she hollered from the water. I'd taken a breather, watching her jump around as the waves crashed onto the shore. She was so fun to watch, she looked so free, so happy; I couldn't believe she had held that much energy inside.

"Oh yeah?" I yelled with a challenge, and before she had time to react, I raced into the water, grabbed her by the waist and threw us both under the water. I held her tight so she wouldn't go floating away from the strong waves beginning to approach.

"Embry!" She gasped, as we came up from the water. I held her by the waist, staring down into her beautiful brown orbs that hypnotized me from the very beginning.

"Yes, Eliza?" I mused.

"I, love you," she whispered with a shy smile. My smile got wider, my heart began to race; she loves me, she really does.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that, Eliza," I whispered, my lips closing nearer to hers. "I love you, too," she pulled our lips together, she kissed me with such love and passion, I never wanted us to end...

~

Elizabeth, the treasure of my world. Her presence gave me peace and calmness. Her breathtaking smile made my heart beat nearly out of my chest. Those brown orbs that she called her eyes would shine from miles away. She was perfect, she was young and delicate in hundreds of ways. When she smiled, it was a smile that could warm even the coldest of hearts, yet it was her voice, the voice of an angel, that captured my heart.

We were perfect together, we'd never fought once, and that made everything just as perfect. She was the one who held my heart in her hands, taken care of it when things would go wrong and I needed her the most. Of course, everything was perfect.

Until it happened.

I Lost Her.

I didn't mean for it to happen, really, I didn't. It just... happened.

Though her beauty and understanding could have blocked away my anger, that day it had not. I wish it hadn't happened, I wish my hands had not wrung around her neck in such a secure grip. She was my heart and soul, and I had figured that maybe she belonged there, and not here.

I Lost Her.

Why was I so stupid, to do what I did? She did nothing wrong, she'd only ripped, cut her way out of my heart. I didn't give her too much pressure, I had never been over-bearing and secure, had I?

I wasn't literally suffocating her with my love, had I?

She wanted out, I knew that now. I wouldn't let her though. I loved her too much to let her go, to let us go.

I was scared, I would admit it. I feared losing her. I thought that she'd felt that same way as well. But of course, I was wrong.

I Lost Her.

She cut open my heart, escaping from my loving hold. She was scared of my love, the strong passion. She was scared of me.

Anger, confusion, pain filled me at once as she tried to leave. Heat ran through my body, my veins began to boil, fuming with such hatred. But I could never hate her. I couldn't control this though, what happened. I could feel the bones in my body begin to move, finding their new spots while my muscles stretched and I began to see things more clearly. In mere seconds I was on four legs, looking down at Elizabeth who was now lying on the ground lifelessly, blood drenching her clothes, her hair; a puddle spilled around her.

I growled, anger once more taking over my mind, my body. I could hear Paul and Jared in my head, they were seeing what I was seeing.

What did you do?" Paul roared as the thoughts and images of his sister lying lifelessly on the ground appeared in his vision. I could feel his heart breaking, too. He was running towards the scene, I could see it now.

Embry! Jared growled, running up to my right side. I whimpered, I could feel wetness begin to seep over the edge of my eyes. I began to cry, whine. So I ran, away from all of it.

I ran for miles, time seemed to go by so slow as I ran freely, away from all of those problems that would be circling me once I went back. If I went back at all. I found it completely cliche when I ended up sitting on top of a tall hill, the full moon out, shining down on the fresh waters. I squinted my eyes, huffing, and I howled upwards; I'm sure you could feel, hear the pain in the howl, the drenching foul sound piercing through my throat, out of my mouth.

I Lost Her.

I knew she was praying, asking God, the Angels for help. I promised her that I'd help her, I'd find her the answers to each and every one of her prayers. I looked into each one of them, reading over and over her own thoughts about leaving me. I knew she wanted this, and so I hid them away.

I regret this now, I do. I wanted to be a better man for her, I wanted to change, make things alright for the two of us. I hadn't really thought about her lifeless body on the floor, then.

I Lost Her.

I froze, thinking over what I would do to become someone different for her.

I knew she was gone, now. I'd never close up the hole she cut through my heart. I knew she would come back, she had to. I'd let her without reluctance and hesitation. I'd let her enter my heart once again. I was going to become someone better. A better man for myself, and a better man for her.

But in reality, I had to realize that I Lost Her.
♠ ♠ ♠
An Embry Call One Shot for She Said Poptarts.
The inspiration for this one shot: I Lost Her - Brighten.

Enjoy! xx