Sequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Lyrissa's Sparkles

Chapter Eleven

The team got back very late that night. Xavier had hidden away somewhere to do some work, and left the kids to do whatever as long as they ‘avoid serious injury, serious damage to the mansion, and clean up the mess’.”

They walked into the main room to find the couches flipped over, all of the tables pushed together with sheets over them to make a fort with a sign reading “Boys Only” in very childish handwriting, cushions all over the floor, and wadded up paper balls everywhere. “What happened in here?” Beast wondered out loud. “I dunno, but I hope everyone’s all right; looks like a bomb went off in here.” Rogue answered.

They went into the kitchen, looking for the kids, and found another fort built out of the kitchen table and chairs with another sigh that said, “You lose, girls are better and so is our fort! Girls Only!” in Lyrissa’s handwriting.

Suddenly Andrew came falling into the kitchen from the door across from them, laughing his head off. “H-hey guys!” he smiled as he ran over and replaced Lyrissa’s sign. “Evicted again! Boys win!” he read it aloud triumphantly. “What is going on Andrew?” Storm asked; everyone was thinking the same thing. “I don’t know. War!” he laughed as Jazz and Allie ran into the kitchen.

“ANDREW!!” Jazz screamed when she saw him guarding their fort. “What? What was it you said earlier? ‘All’s fair in love and war’?” he grinned stupidly. “BAD ANDWEW!” Allie scorned as she ran at him and hit him with her stuffed tiger ‘Wogan’. “You get him Allie!” Jazz laughed as she continued delivering the merciless beating.

There was a loud crash upstairs, followed by what sounded like something rolling down the stairs into the living room, and several groans and moans of pain. “That was so lame.” Box whined as he rolled away from the group of four kids lying in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. “Oh!” Jean gasped as she ran over to them to make sure they were okay. “We’re fine Miss Jean.” Dante groaned as he stood up, “LYRISSA’S A JERK THOUGH!” he added loudly; his shout was replied with the sound of several giggling girls. “What? I didn’t push you guys down those stairs!” she laughed as she slid down the banister; her hair, nails, and even eyelashes and eyebrows were sparkling brighter than any of the X-men had seen since she started staying with them again. “No, you set us up, and then laughed at us, … and now you’re kicking us while we’re down!” Box retorted as she jumped off the railing andnearly landed on him. She smiled and kicked him lightly in the side before going over to greet the X-men.

“Someone’s in a good mood.” Jean commented as she hugged all of them happily. Lyrissa just smiled until she was hit in the back of the head with something wet and cold. It hit her hard enough to knock her forward into Wolverine, who caught and held her until she was able to right herself. “Lyrissa got sponged!” Jubilee jeered. “Shut up!” Lyrissa laughed, chucking the sopping wet sponge at her, and hitting her in the stomach, “So did you!”

Soon wet sponges were flying everywhere. Jubilee, Jazz, Allie, Kiera and Lyrissa had all crowded into the kitchen, using the sink to refill their weapons; the boys refused to reveal the secret of where they were getting their water. The floors were getting soaked, as well as the furniture and everyone in the room. Wolverine had gotten mad and left after taking a dripping hand towel to the head, griping about the ‘stupid kids’. Cyclops wasn’t far behind him after he too was caught in the crossfire.

“No offence, but why haven’t you guys left yet?” Jubilee asked the others as the water war continued. “Dis too fun to watch to jus’ leave.” Gambit answered simply from his hiding place behind the girls’ fort. “I am surprised none of you have used your powers in this yet.” Storm commented. “Oh, my, god. You’re right!” Jazz gasped before putting a shield up between the two rooms to keep the boys’ fire out. “Storm, you’re a genius.” Lyrissa laughed.

“Hey, where’d Gambit go?” Rogue asked suddenly. Before anyone could answer, the sink full of water exploded. “He did not!” Jean gasped as ice-cold water dripped from her hair and uniform. “He so did, look!” Kiera shouted; on the other side of Jazz’s shield, Gambit was high-fiving Andrew and the boys, laughing just as hard as they were. “Does that mean he’s pwaying?” Allie asked curiously. “Doesn’t matter if he is or not, I’m gonna get that Cajun good for this one.” Rogue answered, grabbing a now soaked hand towel and standing by Jazz’s shield. “Drop the wall for a second sugar.” She winked.

Jazz let her hands down just long enough for Rogue to whip the towel at Gambit; she hit him hard enough to knock him off balance. “Put it up quick!” Kiera shrieked as all the boys opened fire. “No, don’t.” Jean smiled as she put one of her hands up. All of the sponges, rags, towels, and the Lyrissa’s tank top that Andrew had stolen earlier froze in mid air and levitated there for a few seconds. Gambit’s eyes grew wide and he took cover just before she sent them flying at each of the boys. “Too cool.” Jazz smirked. “Not cool enough!” Andrew shouted as he used his own telekinetic powers to throw every wet thing in both rooms at her. “Cheater!” she laughed. “According to Andrew, it was you who said quoted ‘All’s fair in love in war’. Forgive me for this my dear friends, but I feel I must stand by my fellow man and boys.” Beast smiled before ringing a sponge above Lyrissa’s head and rushing to the boys’ side of the war zone.

The fighting stopped for a bit while the boys reloaded, and the girls made their way outside; Storm had suggested they take their war out there to prevent any permanent damage to the mansion, and avoid making the mess any bigger.

It wasn’t long after that Gambit, Beast, Andrew, Box, Jamie, Dante, and Max were sneaking around the back yard looking for the girls. Jean, Storm, Rogue, Jubilee, Lyrissa, Jazz, Kiera, and Allie were all hiding together armed to the teeth with three buckets, every sponge they could find, six hand towels, and one full sized bath towel that Lyrissa had found on the back porch. “THERE THEY ARE!” Jamie screamed, and the fight began. Jazz held up a shield and deflected most of the fire, but Andrew used his powers to grab all of their ammo; it lead to him and Jean playing telekinetic tug-a-war. Suddenly the guys started yelling, and Beast and Gambit both were pointing at Storm, who was giggling to herself. Jean lost the fight with Andrew, but was all right with it after seeing what Storm had done. She had cast a rain cloud over each of the boys’ heads.

Half an hour went by before the war was ended. Everyone was soaked, and everyone was laughing. Since they joined in, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Gambit and Beast volunteered to help clean up the place; it took almost all night. Storm was using her powers to help dry the place out, while Lyrissa and Jubilee were helping with hairdryers. Allie was helping Gambit and Rogue with the soaking laundry; everyone was doing their part. Lyrissa went straight to bed afterwards, and fell asleep nearly instantly.

She woke up the next day very uncomfortable. She was restrained by something, and couldn’t see. There was something in her mouth, and she couldn’t tell what. She couldn’t move, and was stuck to something; her feet weren’t touching the ground. She tried to scream, but she couldn’t because there was something in her mouth. She then flashed back to the entire evening before. She and Andrew had gotten into a huge prank war over something stupid that she couldn’t even remember; this must’ve been him getting the last laugh.

Lyrissa was afraid of the dark when she wasn’t the one controlling it. Even though her eyes were open, she couldn’t see anything. It was pitch darkness. She was restrained too much to even wiggle, and distress was filling her to the brim. She started to panic. She screamed, but knew no one could hear her; she cried and knew no one would see her. She didn’t even know where she was. Was she even still in the mansion at all?

She heard what sounded like a door open, and footsteps. She started thrashing around screaming at whoever was there. “Lyrissa?” a gruff man’s voice gasped. “LOGAN!!” She screamed through whatever was in her mouth. “Don’t move, I’m gonna get ya down. Hold still…” he replied sternly.

She heard his claws and knew he really did need her to be still; she was still crying very hard at this point. She felt gravity start to pull her down, and finally felt herself fall into his arms. She was still restrained, and unable to move at all though, and still couldn’t see. There was some sort of cloth around her entire body. She felt one of his claws slide down her side in little jumps down her entire body; starting at her shoulders and ending at her feet. She then felt it on the side of her head as light started to burn her eyes.

He pulled the cloth off of her head and she saw that she was in the Danger Room. She also saw that what she had been tied up with was a bed sheet, and at least three rolls of Duck-tape. She spit out the thing that had been in her mouth and started gagging when she saw it was the same sock Andrew had been wearing the night before. “You okay?” he asked wordily as she fought to keep the vomit down. She just coughed and started crying again. He responded with holding and comforting her until she calmed down.

“What happened?” he asked eventually. “I don’t know I woke up a while before you saved me.” She answered. “I just walked in and saw ya taped up to the wall wrapped in this sheet.” He sighed. “Andrew…” she growled venomously. “Uhm… morning Lyrissa, Wolverine… heh, how’s things?” he asked nervously; he was holding a roll of tape some markers and a sheet of paper. “You do this?” Wolverine demanded after he set Lyrissa aside and stood up.

“Yes sir.” Andrew was as nervous as anyone could be.

“Why?”

“Well I… you see we were… it was just a joke!”

“Not a very funny one pal.” Wolverine’s claws came out threateningly.

“I didn’t mean to hurt her!”

“Apologize.”

“Sorry!”

“Like ya mean it.”

“Lyrissa, I am so sorry. I shouldn’t have gagged you with my sock, wrapped you in your bed sheet, taped you up, and stuck you to the wall.”

“Now get outta here before ya get hurt.”

“Yes sir.”

With that Andrew fled the Danger Room. “He does this again, you tell me. I’ll deal with him.” He said protectively as he helped her up and pulled her into another hug; it was obvious she needed one by how small she looked, and the fact nothing was sparkling on her. She held onto him like she was afraid to let go. They didn’t separate until he saw her hair slowly start to glitter again.

“You okay now?” he asked once she pulled back. “Yeah, thanks Logan.” She smiled. She shivered suddenly from being chilled, and then realized what she was wearing; he noticed as well, but seemed to approve of her apparel. Since she had been asleep when Andrew pulled his prank, she was still wearing her very thin emerald green silk nightgown, which fit just right to show off her figure without being slinky; it reached the middle of her shins and covered most of her arms. “Come on, let’s get ya to yer room so you can get dressed.” He smiled. “We’ll make Andrew clean up this mess. It’s his anyway.” He added as they left the room.

He walked her all the way to her room, and was just heading down the hall for the kitchen when he heard her scream. He turned around and ran back to make sure she was all right and couldn’t believe his eyes when he opened her door. Everything in her room had been replaced with baby pink, sparkly items; her bedding, curtains, posters, radio, everything. Even her shag rug had been replaced with a nice pastel pink one. “What happened?” he asked, trying his hardest not to sound amused. “Andrew probably did this when I was in the Danger Room.” She answered curtly. “I’ll leave ya to get dressed. Be downstairs if ya need me.” He smiled and shut her door, seeing that everything was fine… sort of.

Lyrissa opened her closet to find that everything had been removed, except a sparkly pink princess Halloween costume with a note tied to it. She picked up the note and read it out loud.

“Sparkles for Sparkles. We win princess!”

Lyrissa let out a sigh mixed with a growl and grabbed the dress. Her nightgown was thin enough to be almost see-through if she was standing in front of a light, and she didn’t want to wear it around the mansion for everyone to see; it was bad enough that Logan had just seen her wearing it, luckily for her there was nothing in the Danger Room to show just how thin it was.

She could smell breakfast as she got closer to the kitchen, and knew that they were having pancakes and bacon. She dreaded having anyone seeing her dressed like a pink Cinderella, but had no choice since the guys had taken all of her clothes. “Lyrissa…?” an amused and shocked Scott asked from behind her; he couldn’t believe she was wearing that.

“Hi Scotty.” She groaned

“Why?” he didn’t have to say anything else, they both knew she knew what he was talking about.

“This is how things go for us. The jokes get meaner and meaner as time goes on until we call truce. He jacked my clothes, and turned my entire bedroom pink. Don’t believe me, go look.”

“Well, everyone is in the kitchen. Just so you know. Keep your head up I guess…?” he shrugged while trying to give good advice.

“Great. Thanks Scotty.”

They both walked in together for breakfast and were met by mad laughter. “They got you too!” Jubilee cried as she stood up to reveal a neon green and burnt orange zebra print party dress. “At least they didn’t dye your hair…” Jazz growled; her hair was now a bright purple to match her powers. “My room’s pink.” Lyrissa stated matter-of-factly as she sat down between Logan and Jubilee. “Pink?” half the kitchen’s occupants asked together. “And sparkly. I’m going to kill him.” She answered simply as everyone started eating breakfast together. Well, everyone except Andrew, and the boys; they were out back playing.

Breakfast was very good, and entertaining as everyone filled Scott and Logan in about the water fight the night before. “But how’d it all start?” Scott asked. “Well, it was kind of my fault I think.” Kiera laughed; the boys had also pranked her the night before, and had cat’s whiskers drawn on her face in permanent marker. “I thought it was hers.” Jazz shrugged, pointing to Jubilee. “Mine? You’re the one who spiced up their pizza.” She defended herself. Lyrissa snorted and started laughing. “They started it, when they stole Logan remember?” she laughed. Logan raised his brow quizzically. “Allie’s tiger.” Jean explained. “Oh yeah!!” The girls nodded. “You wanna tell the story?” Logan asked. “Sure.” Lyrissa smiled with encouraging nods from Kiera, Jazz, and Jubilee.

“Well, we were all sitting here watching a movie,” she started “and this orange blur flew by and then the tiger was gone. We all knew Jamie had taken it, so I went to get it back for Allie. When I walked around the corner, I got hit with about six pillows, and some flour. I went back to sit down, still didn’t have the tiger, and told the girls what happened.

“We decided to ignore them at the time, and went up to my room to play with makeup and girl stuff like that. My door was locked, and there was a sign on it that said ‘boys rule’ that Dante had put up. Jubilee went to tell Uncle Charlie what happened, and Kiera said she was going with her. Jubilee came back soaking wet, and Kiera came back covered in flour. Since she had told on the boys, they attacked Jubilee with some buckets of water. Kiera went and tried to pay back the pranks, and got hit with a full bag of flour.

“That’s when we declared war. We got organized, and locked Andrew in the bathroom; but he telekinetically unlocked it and came out with wet rags. A few good pranks later, we were in full blown battle.” She stopped because she had started laughing too hard to continue.

“Since we were locked out of all our rooms at the time, we built the fort in the living room.” Jubilee continued, “But the boys took it over. So we built ours here, and made it bigger and badder. We ended up getting into a pillow, cushion, and towel snapping fight because I started it. Somehow we ended up throwing sponges for a little while, but quit. Then you guys came home, and somehow started the fight again.”

“You know the story from there.” Jazz added. “And all that led to two princesses, a purple haired punk, a cat, and Sparkles needin’ rescued from the Danger Room.” Logan smirked. Everyone looked at the two of them with wondering eyes. “They wrapped me in my sheet, then taped it together with duck tape, and then tapped me to the wall in the Danger Room. They also put Andrew’s sock in my mouth and wrapped the tape around my head so I couldn’t spit it out. Logan got me down.” She explained. She was a little embarrassed by the fact she needed saving, and started to blush; but half of it was thinking about being in that nightgown, in front of Logan, and crying in his arms like that.

Jean and Xavier picked up on her thoughts, but held their tongues. Allie looked from Lyrissa, to Logan, and back again before holding her stomach and pulling a face. “What’s wrong Allie?” Beast asked with great concern. “I feel funny. My tummy’s all jumpy and it feels like something is in my thwoat.” She whined. Jean smiled and picked her up to take her out of the room; she was picking up on some feelings that were entirely new to her.

“Lyrissa, can I have a word with you?” Xavier asked after a pause. “Sure Uncle Charlie.” She answered and followed him away from the others.

“You know what Allie is feeling, right?” he asked once they were farther than out of earshot.

“Don’t tell, please.” She begged. She knew exactly what Allie was feeling.

“I won’t, but you know she will as soon as she figures it out.”

“She doesn’t feel sick when she’s around Scott and Jean though, and they’re actually in love with each other. I don’t get it.”

“Because they are comfortable around each other, and aren’t afraid of people knowing their feelings for one another.”

“This is so stupid Uncle Charlie. I never felt like this around him before, why now? I mean,”

“Lyrissa, he’s coming around the corner. We are just within his range of hearing.” He interrupted telepathically.

Lyrissa felt herself tension up and hold her breath nervously. If Logan heard what she and Xavier were talking about, she would have to leave the mansion; there would be no way she could live with him, or any of the other X-men.

“We can continue this silently, if you’d like.”

“I was saying, I don’t know why I have such a crush on him now. I’ve always thought he was kind of cute, but not like this. There are times I feel … sick when he looks my way. Actually sick, like I could puke!”

“Lyrissa, you are falling for Logan. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“But Uncle Charlie, he’s Wolverine… I’m Sparkles in a princess dress. I don’t think I’m his type.”

Xavier laughed audibly at her response. “Shut up.” She pouted.

“I’m only laughing at the situation, not you personally Lyrissa.”

“What’s funny about the situation?”

“You waited until you were nineteen years of age to start needing my help with boys for one.” Smiled.

Lyrissa just gave an exasperated sigh and sat on the floor. “Can he hear us?” she whispered. He shook his head no. “Do you think he… do you think he likes me too?” she asked sheepishly. It was amazing to Xavier how the shy and insecure little girl sitting in the floor in front of him, was the take charge, street racing, confident fighter that his adopted niece had grown up to be. “I have not looked into his thoughts to see if he does or not. Until breakfast, I was unaware of your feelings for him myself.” He answered in an equally hushed tone.

“Please don’t tell anyone?” she asked again.

“I promise I won’t. You have my word Lyrissa.”

She smiled and hugged him tightly before going back to breakfast. He didn’t follow, and she had no idea where he went.

“So what’d the professor want?” Jubilee asked through a mouthful of pancakes. “Nothin’ important.” Lyrissa shrugged as she re-took her seat next to Logan. “You were gone for a while… doesn’t seem like ‘nothing important’.” Kiera smirked. As she spoke Lyrissa and Logan both grabbed for the salt at the same time and touched hands. Lyrissa pulled back unusually quick and started messing with the hem of her dress uncomfortably, trying not to look at him; he just looked at her like she belonged in a mental institution and went on with his breakfast.

Jazz watched her a moment looking utterly confused, then her eyes widened like she just realized something important; she continued staring at her until the pancake on her fork fell and hit her plate. “You girls are actin’ weird. Maybe ya should’ve went to bed instead of soakin’ the place last night.” Logan commented as he watched the two. “Yeah, we should’ve.” Lyrissa agreed quickly and began stuffing her face.

She finished breakfast quickly, and went up to her pink, sparkling bedroom fit for a princess; her overly puffy dress rustling with every step. “Lyrissa wait.” Jean called to her just as her fingers touched the knob. “Hmm?” Lyrissa replied with raised eyebrows. “I need to talk to you. You have a moment?” she asked; she was acting the same way a best friend or older sister would act when they found out someone close to them was struggling with something. “Yeah, come on.” Lyrissa sighed as she opened her door.

“Wow…” she gasped when she saw how different Lyrissa’s room looked. “Yeah, beautiful isn’t it? What d’you need?” Lyrissa laughed lightly as she struggled to sit comfortably on her bed in the dress. “Do you have feelings for Logan?” she asked quietly. “I don’t know. I’m all jumpy and stupid around him now… I think I hate him.” Lyrissa answered honestly after debating with herself if she wanted to talk to Jean about Logan.

“Well, do you want to talk about it?”

“Jean, I always knew you’d be the one I talk with about boys.” Lyrissa was laughing still, and so was Jean. “I guess. Maybe you can help, because I’m freaking out. I mean, we touched hands at the table when we both reached for the salt and I nearly screamed.”

“What do you think of when you think of him?” Jean’s tone was similar to a therapist mixed with a curious best friend pretending to be a therapist.

Lyrissa was quiet, but smiling. Jean knew she was thinking of something and decided to read her mind. She saw Lyrissa wrapped tightly in his arms. The feelings she was getting from her were feeling safe, loved, and warm from the inside out; not too different from what she felt when she and Scott held each other.

She also saw Logan protecting Lyrissa from Sabertooth, and Andrew, and anything else that would hurt her.

“Lyrissa… you’re in love.” She smiled.

“Am not!”

“Are to… and you’ve been hanging out with Allie too much.”

“Have not, and I’m not in love with Logan. I already went through this with Uncle Charlie.”

“When he has his arms around you, is there any place you’d rather be, honestly?”

“… No…”

“What does that say to you?”

Lyrissa thought for a few seconds. “Oh god Jean… I do like Logan.” She gasped as her eyes widened.

“And dressed like that, he could be your prince charming!” Jean was making jokes now.

“Ohh yeah. I’ll be the princess with a prince… and you get a Cyclops!”

“Hey now.” She laughed as she headed for the door.

Later that day Lyrissa was playing cards in the wreck-room with Gambit, Rogue, Jazz, and Jubilee. The game was Slap Jack, and it was getting very competitive. Rogue has slapped her earlier in the arm trying to get the Jack, and left quite a red mark. Jubilee had slapped Gambit, and gotten slapped by Jazz at the same time, and it was nonstop laughs from the beginning of the game.

They were going to continue the prank war against the boys, until Xavier forced a truce; Lyrissa had tied Andrew up, and hung him from the top railing of the stairs. He was up there until Rogue flew up and got him down ten minutes later. He had also ordered Lyrissa’s room be put back the way it was, and all their cloths be returned to their closets.

“Attention gamers, I have an announcement!” Andrew shouted from the doorway; the game was put on hold. “In light of being forced not to prank for revenge, I simply have to say that … Lyrissa, has a thing for the Wolverine!” he finished, and walked away. Lyrissa’s jaw dropped, as well as everyone else’s; except Jazz, because she had figured it out during breakfast.

“LYRISSA HAS A CRUSH ON WOLVERINE! SPARKLES AND LOGAN SITTIN’ IN A TREE! K.I.S.S.I.N.G.!” he sang down the hall. She was near tears. She stood up, and left the room without a word.

Running down the hallway with her head down to prevent anyone from seeing her tears, she didn’t see Logan walking out of the War Room. “You okay?” he asked. She passed him without saying a word. Suddenly she heard Andrew gasp and start laughing behind her. “KISS HIM!!” he screamed. “What’s he talkin’ about?” Logan asked her. “Ohh, you don’t know yet? Lyrissa here is in love with you!” Andrew answered for her. He was being very cruel to her, and had no idea how much he was hurting her.

“SHUT UP ANDREW! How’d you even find out about this anyway?” she yelled, ignoring the fact Logan was standing right next to her. “Heard ya talking to Jean when I was outside your door. According you two, there is no place you’d rather be than in his arms… isn’t that right?” he grinned evilly. Lyrissa’s face was getting redder, and redder, and she was crying at this point.

“Knock it off pal.” Logan ordered. “Don’t believe me? Ask her.” He laughed. “No, I believe you. I just don’t like snot nosed little punks runnin’ around makin’ friends of mine cry.” He retorted. He sent a very firm message that Andrew picked up on right away and left them alone because of it. “Lyrissa,” he began, but she just teleported away from him.

If her teleportation only worked once when she wanted it to, she was glad that was it. She was up in her room lying on her bed silently. Logan knew she liked him, Gambit and Rogue knew, Jazz knew, Jubilee knew, Jean knew, Xavier knew, and it was mostly all because of Andrew. There was no way she was going to be able to face any of the x-men, or underground kids now.

She knew she couldn’t leave either. Running away like that had actually hurt her Uncle Charlie, and she didn’t want to do it again; besides, they’d just chase her down anyway. She decided to just stay in her room the rest of the day, and toughen up and face everyone the next day.

She changed into her emerald green nightgown that she was wearing when Logan had saved her from Andrew’s horrific prank, and curled up on her bed to fall asleep.