Sequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Lyrissa's Sparkles

Chapter Twenty-Four

Lyrissa woke late the next evening with a very small, blonde sleeping someone, cuddled up against her. “Hey there Sleepin’ Beauty.” Rogue smiled from the chair next to the bed. “Hey Rogue… what happened?” she asked, slowly trying to sit up without waking Allie.

“Ya don’t remember anythin’?”

“No… wait, I remember the party… and a funny glowing person at our table before we left,” she closed her eyes as she tried to remember everything from the night before, “The drink… oh man did I do or say anything? Rogue, I can’t remember what I did last night, I remember some of what happened, and I remember being scared of shadows and stuff, but what did I do?”

“Relax sugar, ya didn’t do anythin’. Well, nothin’ worth bein’ upset over. Ya were sayin’ some funny things though, and tried to get Logan to change his costume to the Easter Bunny, thinkin’ it’d match his personality better.”

“Rogue, seriously, did I do something I should be sorry for?”

“Nah, and even if ya did we’d understand so quit worryin’ so much.”

“Morning Lyrissa, why are we whispering?” Jubilee asked as she joined them with a trey of food from the kitchen. “Allie finally fell asleep. Poor thing’s been usin’ up all her energy ta keep you from havin’ nightmares. Wouldn’t be surprised if she stayed asleep the rest of the night.” Rogue answered. “Well, then I guess you get her sandwich then Lyrissa. Think you can keep it down? Beast says you should be able to, but it depends on what you’re feeling.” She smiled, sitting down on the other side of the bed. “I’m starving!” she breathed, snatching the sandwich from Jubilee, who was quietly giggling with Rogue.

“So, we can’t eat anymore pretzels then Lyrissa?” Jubilee asked randomly after their small meal.

“Huh?”

“Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, and Andrew said you were talking about pretzels getting sad if you eat them.”

“When did I say that?”

“Last night, you were really messed up weren’t you?” she laughed.

“I didn’t mean to be, someone spiked my drink. You can ask Logan, I only had a few drinks and they were weak, then I ordered juice, and that’s what screwed me up. I wasn’t even offered drugs. And even if I was, I wouldn’t have taken them. I learned my lesson the first time, when Scotty and Gambit busted me with that joint.”

“Wait, what?” Jubilee asked quickly.

“When I was fourteen a friend of mine offered me some marijuana, and I took it. I needed picked up from his house, since his parents weren’t home and neither of us could drive, and when they walked around the back of the house, there we were; giggling like idiots, and getting high. Gambit started yelling at me the whole way home, but half of it wasn’t even in English, and the other half I couldn’t understand his accent; it gets thicker when he’s super ticked. Scotty stayed quiet, but grounded me to my room. He actually camped outside my door to make sure I didn’t leave for the rest of the night.”

“I remember that.” Rogue commented, “The professor had ya with that lecture for over two hours that night, and then he gave another one to ya at breakfast.”

“Uh huh. He’s not mad at me is he?” Lyrissa replied.

“Nah honey. Worried, yeah, but he ain’t mad at ya.” She smiled comfortingly.

“Hey, Beast said you can get outta bed at any time. Real dinner’s gonna be done in about fifteen minutes Jean said.” Jubilee grinned. “Oh cool, think I can get up without waking Allie?” Lyrissa asked, her hair lighting up at the thought of leaving the infirmary. “Not a chance, but she’ll fall back asleep quick.” Rogue laughed. Lyrissa nodded and shimmied out of Allie’s little arms.

“Spawkles?” she groaned, opening her eyes slightly. “Right here Al, I’m gonna go walk around a bit, you wanna go up to your room and get some sleep?” Lyrissa answered sweetly. “Mmhmm.” Allie whimpered, attaching herself to Lyrissa’s arm. “Okay, c’mon.” she smiled, picking her up and walking towards the door.

Rogue and Jubilee walked up to Allie’s room with her, and took her down to the kitchen after. “Hey let’s ask her now then, shall we?” Box shouted at Scott when they joined the group of mutants in the kitchen. “Ask who what?” Lyrissa asked, sitting between Storm and Logan, who immediately put his arm around her. “You. What makes Mr. Summers look like a llama?” he answered. “What? He doesn’t look anything like a llama.” She laughed. “Not what you said last night Petit. You say he look jus’ like it, den you beg us not to let him spit on you.” Gambit grinned. “No I didn’t, did I?” she whispered in awe. “Yeah, ya did.” Logan smirked. “I’m sorry Scotty… you don’t look like a llama.” She said quickly, hoping he wasn’t offended. “It’s okay, you weren’t yourself. Besides, at least I wasn’t being attacked by killer bunnies.” He smirked, nodding towards Andrew who almost choked on his apple juice.

“Bunnies?” she asked. “You don’t remember much, do ya?” Logan asked. She shook her head. “Okay, here’s what went down. As far as I know anyway. You went to the party, and drank some funky blue stuff, and got freaking stoned. I mean, wow Sparkles, you were singing and dancing with the sheet around you, saying you were the Mother Mary… that’s how messed up you were.” Andrew explained.

“I don’t remember that.” She pouted.

“You don’t remember a lot of things. Anyway, I was asleep when you got home, and you woke me up screaming your lungs out because something was attacking you. Turns out you were seeing creepy crap in the shadows and stuff. If it was dark, you were under attack. You were also scared to death of the Halloween decorations. I guess there were parts where Logan had to carry your scared behind past some of them because you were so freaked out!”

“You did?”

Logan nodded.

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be, I didn’t mind.”

“Anyway, when I finally came down to check on ya, you tackled me and started hugging me, once you quit making out with Logan’s shirt.”

“Quit what?!”

“Ya just thought it was soft, ya didn’t do anythin’ stupid.” Logan smiled, rubbing her arm supportively.

“Yeah, because rubbing your face all over his shirt is so smart.” Andrew jeered, “So yeah, after you detached your face from his clothes, and tackled me, you started freaking out… you said something about thinking some bunnies got me, but then you saw shadow things and bunnies, and couldn’t figure something out. Then you told me not to eat pretzels anymore.”

“Guys… I’m really sorry, taking care of me must have been horrible.” She sighed. “Bloody hell no! It was great, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you act like that, it was brilliant!” Max shouted. “Maxwell, language.” Xavier said sternly. “Maxwell?” several people asked. “My first name is Maxwell… I didn’t tell you b’cause I knew you’d laugh.” He sighed. “At least you don’t have two middle names, and two last names.” Dante smirked, pointing at Jazz who threw some food at his head. “Jazz, what’s your name?” Lyrissa asked curiously. “Forget it.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Jazz, I’ll tell you my whole, entire, full name.”

“What, you added ‘Wolverine’ as another last name?” Andrew teased.

“Shut up, I wasn’t talking to you. Jazz?”

“No. I’m not telling.”

“Come on, I probably embarrassed myself a thousand times more than what your name is.”

“Yeah? I’ll tell you later. When there ain’t so many people around.”

“Fine.”

“Good.”

“Cool.”

“Yep.”

“EAT!” Box practically screamed quickly, pushing some food at Lyrissa. “What is wrong Box?” Storm asked. “They could have gone on forever like that.” Jamie sighed. “Yeah, they do this thing where they talk without finishing their words. Kiera does it too, and now Allie’s starting to do it. ‘Remember that time when?’ ‘Oh yeah at that place with the thing!’ ‘And that guy with the hat?’ ‘Who was wearing!’ ‘OH MY GOD I KNOW!” Max explained, imitating the girls in his most high-pitched voice, and flipping his hands around with as femininely as possible; causing everyone to laugh, and Kiera to hit her brother.

“You suck, Maxwell.” Jazz teased. “Professor, she’s making fun of my name!” he whined. “Professor, he was making fun of us girls!” Kiera mocked.

“At least they’re not teasing me anymore.” Lyrissa whispered to Logan. “Man, in that costume, he just can’t keep his hands off her, check it out!” Dante announced, pointing out just how close Logan and Lyrissa’s lips were getting. Lyrissa blushed and pulled away quickly, knocking into Storm. “S-sorry.” She mumbled sheepishly. “It is all right.” She smiled.

The rest of dinner was spent with everyone having their own conversations, and the occasional teasing of Lyrissa about her performance the night before. Lyrissa was the first to finish eating, and quickly went to take off her Halloween costume, since she hadn’t changed out of it the night before, and wash off the makeup.

After she was done, she ended up lying under her bed wearing what she called her Jester P.Js; shorts that were half hot pink, and half black, with a matching half and half top with reversed colors.

She started softly singing to herself, trying to hit the high notes of one of her favorite operatic songs. It wasn’t an easy song, and to her most all of it was either out of key, or horribly off pitch. “God I sound like crap!” she growled to herself, finally giving up.

“I disagree.” Logan’s gruff voice came from somewhere close. He had been standing next to her bed, but she had no idea how long. He scared her, and she tried to sit up, which resulted in her banging her head quite hard against the bottom of her bed frame. She whined as his arms came under and pulled her out from under the bed.

“Let me see.” He ordered softly, brushing her bangs out of the way. She already had a small red bump where her head and wooden bed made contact. He smirked and kissed it lightly, barely letting his lips touch the injury. “Feel better?” he asked, pulling her closer to him. “A little.” She blushed.

“No what were ya singin’ down there? Didn’t sound like a song I know, didn’t sound like English either.” He asked, sitting them both down on her bed. “I would be seriously surprised, and impressed if you knew the song, and no it isn’t in English. My dad used to listen to it; he said my mom loved the song. It’s called Lascia Ch’io Pianga. I forget what language it is.” She answered.

“Wouldn’t have thought ya like opera. I definitely wouldn’t have thought ya could sing it.”

“I can’t, didn’t you hear me down there? I sounded like a dying cow!”

“Ya sounded great, I think if ya’d sing a little louder it’d sound better. Ya wouldn’t have as much trouble keepin’ the notes.”

“Logan, if I sing louder, people will hear me.”

“So?”

“So, that’s bad! No one should have to hear that.”

“Sing me somethin’.”

“No, it’s bad enough you heard Lascia Ch’io Pianga. I don’t need you hearing any more of my suck fest singing.”

“Fine, don’t sing for me then.” He smirked, kissing her lightly and pulling her back onto the bed so that they were lying down with his arms around her middle. “What are you doing?” she giggled as he kissed her again. “Ya won’t sing, so I’m findin’ another way for ya to entertain me.” He answered smartly between kisses.

While kissing her, his hand slid down her stomach, which tickled her quite a bit and caused her to squeal quite loudly. Logan heard someone moving for the door and quickly released Lyrissa, knowing that she’d be embarrassed, but the lock clicked before whoever it was could open the door. “You do that?” he asked. “Nope, Jean did. She just told me to have fun.” She laughed. Even though she was communicating telepathically, she could still hear Jean’s laughter.

Logan smiled evilly and pushed her back onto the bed, kissing her intensively. Lyrissa responded without giving it a first thought, wrapping her legs around his hips, and putting her arms around his neck to pull him closer. Her hair was nearly blinding it was sparkling so brightly, which caused him to smirk as he deepened the kiss even further.

Just as they started to get very into it, the sirens went off. “Really?” she groaned, keeping a firm hold on him. “Doesn’t seem like its another false alarm.” He muttered, his lips moving against her neck as he spoke, causing her to shiver.

“I apologize for the interruption, but if you will please join us in the War Room it would be greatly appreciated.” Xavier announced to the both of them. Lyrissa felt Logan sigh heavily against her neck before kissing her again and standing up. “Well that was fun.” She commented before teleporting them to the others.

“What’s up Uncle Charlie?” she asked as they took their seats. “Jack, Mystique, and Sabertooth are attacking the LAPD. We can’t tell why, but people are getting hurt, we need go.” Cyclops answered. Lyrissa filled with rage as her hair darkened. “No Uncle Charlie, I’m not staying here. When do we leave?” she asked. “If you are sure you want to go, I won’t keep you here. I only ask that you be careful.” He sighed. “I’m sure.” She answered confidently.

“So, what were you two doing that the Professor had to telepathically ask you to answer the alarms?” Jean asked Lyrissa as she went to change.

“You’re the one who locked my door.”

“I know.” She smirked, causing Lyrissa to blush lightly.

Since everyone was tired of her losing bits of her uniform, Lyrissa specifically, she had been given a locker not far from the War Room to keep it in. She grabbed the uniform and changed quickly, tossing her street clothes on top of the locker and teleported herself and Jean to the jet.

“Everyone ready?” Cyclops asked. Everyone nodded and voiced their agreement, and the jet lifted off the ground.