Sequel: Lyrissa's Sparkles II

Lyrissa's Sparkles

Chapter Three

Lyrissa and Cyclops were training in the Danger Room; the goal was to stay standing, and at the moment it was a tie. “Come on Scotty, just fall already!” she growled as she jumped over an obstacle. “You fall, Sparkles!” he retorted. That was it, she hit the ground. Hard. “You, did not, just call me Sparkles!” she gasped. “It’s your name isn’t it?” he laughed; helping her up. “Not to you it isn’t.” she smiled. The Danger Room had been reset, and they were now making their way to the door. “And why not?” he asked.

“Because.”

“Because? Because what?”

“Because, if I told you it’d hurt you feelings.”

“I doubt that.”

“Fine, if you’re sure.”

“Yes I’m sure.”

“You’re sure, you’re sure?”

“Yes!” he sighed; though amused.

“You, are just not cool enough to call me Sparkles; it’s too awesome for you Scotty.” she laughed. He couldn’t hide his small giggle at her answer either. “Too awesome for me huh? Says the girl who just lost to me… again.” he grinned. “You want me to knock that smirk off your face tough guy? I could take you. We weren’t even fighting back there, it was us versus environment! One-on-one, I’d have had you round one.” she replied confidently. “Right.” he nodded. “Glad you agree with me.” she smiled, and left him alone in the hallway with a swirl of black wisps.

“Ahh!” she shrieked as she teleported twenty feet above Storm in the back yard. “Incoming!” Andrew laughed as she fell. Storm simply flew up, and caught her before she hit the ground; much to Andrew’s disappointment. “Thanks. I really need to work on the whole teleportation thing.” she sighed as Storm put her down, and went back to tending the garden. “Perhaps Kurt would be willing to give you some lessons.” she suggested. “Yeah, Sparkles and the Blue Dude! That’d be a pair to see.” Andrew agreed. “Rew, stop calling me Sparkles all the time, it’s catching on here…” she sighed.

“Hey, Sparkles, the Professor wants to see ya.” Wolverine grunted as he walked past them to the garage; she replied with a frustrated yell, she knew he had heard what she had just said about that name. “Thanks Wolvie!” she called back with a sarcastic salute. “Wolvie?” Storm and Andrew asked together. “Mmhmm, Allie can’t say ‘Wolverine’ she tried for almost an hour, and it isn’t the R she’s having trouble with. The whole name’s difficult for her, so she just got mad, yelled ‘Wolvie’, hugged him, and ran out giggling and chasing Gambit.” Lyrissa answered. “Does he like his new name?” Storm smiled. “Don’t think so, I think that he thinks it’s cute when she says it… because it really is, but anyone else it just annoys him to no end.” she answered; “But hey, I gotta get moving or Uncle Charlie’s gonna start giving me headaches.” she added before leaving them to go back into the mansion and find out what the Professor wanted.

She found him, Jean, Cyclops, Rogue, and Beast in their briefing room. “What’s up guys?” she asked softly; their excited grins were making her a bit nervous. “Cyclops and Beast found our missing kids.” Jean smiled. “Really?!” she gasped. “Yes really, they are in a mutant testing facility; we will be going out for them when Logan gets back.” Xavier answered. “Ahh! That’s great!” Lyrissa shouted excitedly; jumping and hugging Cyclops, because he was the closest to her. “How soon until he gets back here?” Lyrissa demanded. Though still overly excited. “He went to deal with Sabertooth, so there really isn’t much telling how long he’ll be. Those two could fight for days.” Jean sighed. “Well we don’t have days. If they’re at a testing facility, then we have to get them out soon. There’s no telling what those freaks will do to them!” Lyrissa argued. “We won’t wait days. Lyrissa, we’ll get them out soon enough.” Beast said; attempting to comfort her by putting his arm around her. “We better.” she sighed. It worked, he did calm her down. He had always been able to do that, since the first time she spent the night at the mansion. To her, Beast was a giant, cuddly teddy bear that could listen, give advice, and help her get out of that tree she got stuck in when she was eleven.

Before anything else could be said, Allie started screaming down the hall, at the top of her lungs. “What the-?” Cyclops gasped; jumping a bit. Lyrissa didn’t say a word, she just disappeared in another swirl of wisps.

“What the hell did you do Gambit?!” she yelled over Allie’s tantrum. “Hey, I didn’t do a thing! She jus’ start screamin’ like dis for no reason!” he yelled in reply. “Well something had to have caused this! She doesn’t do this unless something’s really wrong!” she yelled back.

“What happened?” Cyclops demanded over the tantrum. “I don’t know!” they yelled; both annoyed that asked that during their argument. “Professor, she’s terrified. Something’s scaring her. I think that’s why she’s screaming like this.” Jean sighed. “Allie, sweetie, calm down. It’s okay, hush now okay? You’re alright, it’s okay.” Lyrissa said as softly as she could over the screams; holding her, and continuing her attempts to calm her down as Jean and the Professor tried to pinpoint the cause of her fit.

“She’s not here…” Jean gasped suddenly. “What do you mean she’s not here, she’s screaming in my ear right now Jean!” Lyrissa retorted before going back to her task. “No, Jean is right. Physically she is here, but mentally, she is with Wolverine.” Xavier explained. “What? Professor, how?” Cyclops asked in the most confused manner Lyrissa had ever seen him use. “I’m not sure, but right now she is watching him fight with Sabertooth; in her eyes, he is losing. I believe empathy isn’t her only mutation. It seems she also has some telepathic abilities as well.” he explained. “Great! You’re a wicked telepath, fix it!” Lyrissa ordered; still trying to calm Allie down. “I can’t. Not without knowing how this link was formed. The only way for her to calm down, is to see that Wolverine is alright.” he sighed. “Well, if she keeps screamin’ like dis, she ain’t gonna have any voice left.” Gambit stated. “And we’ll all be deaf.” Cyclops added. “Concert Ear!” Lyrissa laughed as she picked Allie up; earning strange looks from everyone. “You know, when you’re at a concert, and the next day you’re deaf? Her screaming is kind of like that.” she shrugged, and walked away. “Hey, where you goin’?” Gambit called after her. “Danger Room, it’s soundproof!” she answered, and disappeared around a corner.

“Do you think they linked when she hugged him?” Jean asked. “When she hugged who?” Gambit asked in reply. “Earlier today, she was trying to say ‘Wolverine’ and it was too hard for her. Finally she just screamed ‘Wolvie’ because it was the closest she could get. We all started laughing, and she hugged Logan before running off after you for more card tricks.” she answered. “That could be, again we will have to look into this new ability to learn anything for sure.” Xavier nodded before leaving for Cerebro.

An hour later, Professor Xavier and Wolverine entered the Danger Room to find Lyrissa and Allie both lying on the floor asleep. “Trainin’ hard?” Wolverine jeered at the sight. “Allie had been screaming for almost an hour straight Logan. Lyrissa brought her in here because it was soundproof. Allie must have finally exhausted herself and fell asleep.” Xavier sighed. “Must’ve exhausted Lyrissa too by the looks of it.” Logan nodded. “Yes, and unfortunately we have to wake them up now that you’re back.” he replied; giving another sigh.

“Oh please no…“ Lyrissa groaned as Xavier woke her telepathically. “Yes and no. You do have to get up, but not for school.” he laughed quietly. “Ugh… I hate it when you do this.” she grunted as she opened her eyes. “Can we leave Allie asleep? She really does need a nap, especially after that insane episode of hers.” she asked. “We can, but not here. If you can get her into her room then yes.” he answered. “Great.” she sighed; still not moving from her place on the floor.

“You gonna get up kid?” Logan asked. “Hmm? Yeah…” she sighed as she rolled onto her stomach and forced herself up on all fours. “Fighting in here with you for hours, no problem. Two hour balance training with Scotty, nothing. Half an hour of her non stop screaming at you to be careful, and look out? THAT’S some hardcore workout.” she grunted as she stood up. “What, can’t take a little whining?” he grinned; knowing he was pushing her buttons. “No, whining I can take. But her sobbing, because she thought you were gonna die? You have no idea how much she cares about you Logan. Really.” she sighed; stretching her arms above her head to reveal a slightly bruised mid-section.

“You wanna carry her up? Since it is kind of your fault she screamed at me for an hour?” she asked Logan. “Sure.” he grunted; gently picking Allie up, and carrying her out of the Danger Room. “Once she’s in bed, come down to the Jet so we canget startedLogan.” Xavier called after him while he, and Lyrissa went the opposite direction.

“I’mgoing too right?” she asked quickly. “Yes, but not dressed like that. The ripped jeans, and cut off Rob Zombie t-shirt isn’t going to be good for combat; You won’t be able to move properly.” he answered. “Right, so what shall I wear?” she asked; adding a dramatic pose as if deep in thought. “Jean and Rogue picked out a uniform for you.” he answered. “Cool.” she shrugged and went off to find Jean and Rogue.

“’bout time ya showed up sugar.” Rogue smiled; tossing a black and orange uniform to her. “Halloween comin’ early girls?” she laughed. “It isn’t permanent but the Professor brought up a good point; your clothes aren’t good for combat.” Jean assured as she telekinetically pulled the curtain around Lyrissa so she could change.

“Guys, I have a problem with this outfit.” Lyrissa sighed as she walked out from behind the curtain. “Why? Ya look fine.” Rogue asked. “No, that’s not it… I mean I can’t reach the zipper.” Lyrissa laughed; turning around to show them her half-zipped back. “No problem. Suck it in.” Jean laughed before using her powers to zip it the rest of the way. “Thanks, now one more thing.” Lyrissa smiled before darting back behind the curtain and pulling on her ripped jeans. “I can do my hair on the jet no problem, if I have a mirror.” she announced before following Jean and Rogue out of the room.

The suit looked surprisingly good under her near-shredded jeans. The legs were simple black, so it just looked like tights under her pants; her top was a bit more flashy though. Black background, with a bright orange X that went across from her shoulders to elbows, cut out shoulders, and sleeves that came down two inches past her elbows, with orange fingerless grappling gloves. All together, she did like her new uniform. The only problem was she still had her black and red plaid shoes tennis shoes.

“That isn’t the uniform you were given.” Scott scolded as the three of them boarded the jet. “Chill, I just put my pants on over it, because it looks better. If we get into trouble I’ll ditch the jeans, okay?” she sighed. His only reply was an exasperated sigh as they both took their seats.

“Here, I had an extra pair, and the Professor said you needed some boots.” Jubilee smiled; handing Lyrissa a pair of black combat boots. “Sweet, thanks!” she grinned as she eagerly tried them on; and to her excitement, they fit! “Right on, now all I need to do is fix my hair, and I’m ready to rock.” she beamed’ pulling a comb and two hair-ties out of her back pocket. “Another reason for me to bring my pants Scotty!” she snickered to herself as she brushed all her hair into a high ponytail, and started braiding. “I heard that.” he sighed. “Well at least I didn’t say something about your tights… uh, I mean uniform…” she laughed; earning herself a chuckle from Wolverine. “Enough you two, I swear you fight more than the kids do!” Jean ordered. Lyrissa would’ve kept pushing Scott until he snapped, if she didn’t respect Jean; but she did, so she held her tongue, and continued braiding her hair; growling in frustration when she lost the sections and messed up. Having to start over.

“Need some help?” Jubilee giggled after Lyrissa unbraided her hair for a seventh time. “Yeah, if you don’t mind. This is crazy hard without a mirror.” she sighed; handing Jubilee the comb. “Wow, your hair’s really soft.” she laughed. “Expecting gritty glitter bumps weren’t you?” Lyrissa smirked. “Yeah, I guess.” Jubilee answered as she finished Lyrissa’s braid. “Looks really neat.” she added. “Wicked.” Lyrissa smiled before leaning her head back against her seat, and closing her eyes.

“Alright, we’re here. It looks heavily guarded, so we’ll have to split into teams. Lyrissa, are you listening?” Scott said sternly twenty minutes later. “Yeah, we’re splitting into teams, we’re here, it’s guarded, I’m listening.” she sighed “Alright, we’re going in two groups, but also partnered up in twos to make sure no one is left behind.You’re with Wolverine. Use codenames, we don’t want our identities known got it?” he continued. “Got it Cyclops.” she nodded standing up to look out at what they were up against.

The facility was crawling with guards. Guards on foot, in jeeps, and even a few tanks. “Ready to move?” He asked. “Yikes… yeah. One second, we are definitely going to get into a fight here, so lemme drop trou before we run.” she answered; without even smiling. “Let’s go kid, we don’t have all day.” Wolverine pushed. “Yeah, so move.” she retorted; pushing past him and out of the jet with the others.

“So guys, why am I on your group? I don’t mean it in a bad way, I just don’t know why you’d want me in the group that’s supposed to sneak in and disable the alarms and stuff.” she asked as she, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, and Beast snuck through the grounds. “Because, you’re the only one who knows where we’re goin'.” Wolverine answered. “What?” she gasped; stopping in her tracks. “You mean dey didn’t tell you?” Gambit asked in shock. “Tell me what? What don’t I know guys, where are we?” she demanded. “Kid, just look ahead of us.” Wolverine sighed. Lyrissa looked past the last few trees, and physically felt her heart stop. “No… not here…” she whispered as tears began pouring down her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's such a slow paced story. It will get better I promise!!