Status: Finished

Coffee and Cigarettes

Everything is a moment in time. A smile, a laugh, a fight. This story isn't a plotline or something conjured up to have twists turns, and let downs.

More than anything, this story is a series of events, feelings, and conversations. This story is a series of moments.
  1. Prologue
    Frank opened his eyes, a smile spreading across his face. "The world, Gerard. It's changing."
  2. October
    "Consider yourself lucky, Frank," Gerard said, turning to face the boy who would soon become his best friend. "You're better off alone. It leaves less people to *** you over."
  3. November
    "Then why do it? Why don't you just say '*** that' and do what you want? Party and kiss girls and jack off if you want to. Just do it."
  4. December
    "Just tell your parents you're staying at my place; then you're only half lying."
  5. January
    "I was just... I didn't know what to say to you. I didn't mean to shut you out or anything, I just.... I had a lot on my mind."
  6. February
    Gerard laid back down in the grass, taking another drag off his cigarette. He laughed. "Happy ***ing Valentines Day, Frank."
  7. March
    "You smoke cigarettes, Gerard. You smoke cigarettes and you talk shit."
  8. April
    But the pair had been drinking and Frank did kiss Gerard and Gerard kissed him back without a thought on the matter.
  9. May
    Gerard shook his head, his head finding the brick wall behind him. "You don't have to say anything. It is what it is, and it's ***ed."
  10. June
    He took in the scent of his best friend and, for the first time, relished the scent of coffee and cigarettes.
  11. July
    They had the whole summer with each other and when he left they would do exactly as Gerard had said. It would be fine.
  12. August
    Even though he'd known it all along, Frank had forgotten that Gerard was still human and he was more than just a cool car, a leather jacket and a pack of cigarettes.
  13. Epilogue
    "...But that's the beauty in it. Things change... people change. Remember when I told you?"