Status: Active! [IHopes..]

Love Letters

Dawn; Missing You

Clari-Bear,
Trust you to go to France, and fill a whole letter and still not mention any guys. You have to keep me updated on your love life now that we’re so far apart! How are you anyway? You mentioned you had to tell me something, what is it? You know I hate the suspense. Anyway, you’re the little angel, nothing you do could ever be that bad.

Me on the other hand.... I’m failing, Clari. Things at home are tense. You know how dad’s been since mom died, and it’s just getting worse. I’m staying at a friend’s apartment, so I think I’m gonna have to take a rain-check on that hug you wanted me to pass on. You know how mom and dad were always so strict with me; now it’s like I found this whole new side to me no one can control. I’m the life of the party! And it’s pretty freaking awesome, but no one knows the real me. Except you, and you’re all the way in France.

I know it’s good for your future, but sometimes I wish you could be here with me. You always know what to do. Anyway, I have a massive head ache and you won’t be able to understand my writing in a minute, so I’ll stop now.

Love,
Dawny

Dawn sealed the envelope and set it aside. Resting her chin on the table, she massaged her throbbing temples. All of her just wanted to curl up under the covers and nurse her head ache. Last night was so not worth this. But she had one more letter to write, to a very old friend.

Dear Tommy,

Do ya miss me yet? Don’t lie, I know you do. Truth is I miss you too. I miss swimming in the backyard and drinking lemonade. I miss doing homework together (as strange as it may seem). I miss your mom’s choc chip cookies. I miss cuddling under the covers on those late nights when the rain and thunder outside couldn’t touch us.

So, how are you doing? Found a nice girl yet? You do know I have to approve of her first though, right? Hope you’re enjoying your music therapy course. Let me know how it goes. The beaches here are beautiful! And the bonfire parties.... I know they aren’t your scene, but if you ever come visit I have to take you to one!

Man, you should see the outrageous looks some of these people have. Makes me miss your plain hair and eyes (as much as I’m encouraging you to change it) My roommate has more metal in her than.... I can’t think of a good metaphor right now. You’re good at those things, as long as you don’t ramble.

Write back when you can.Love Hugs,
Dawn

PS: Sorry my writing is terrible. I have a killer headache.

Dawn placed Tommy’s letter on top of Clarisse’s, resting her cheek on the cool counter. She closed her eyes, envisioning Tommy’s light brown hair, beautiful eyes and easy laugh that not many people heard. God, she missed him. Pulling herself out of her chair, she made her way to her borrowed room, undressed and fell into bed. She curled into a tight ball under the covers and dreamed of Tommy and Clarisse, the two people closest to her.