A Raven and a Sparrow

A Raven and A Sparrow: Part 2, Captain Jack

His dirty tricorn hat set nicely on his fading red bandana, and his long, braided hair was littered with all sorts of fancy beads and ancient coins. He looked around proudly, with his dark green coat swaying from side to side. Annabeth broke her admiring gaze and approached him. “Are you the captain of the Black Pearl?” she asked calmly, although her fingers were fidgeting behind her back. “Aye,” he said slowly, “but what business would a young lass such as yourself have on the Black Pearl?”
He looked over her commoner’s outfit, then back up at her.
“I-I’m Annabeth Raven, and I’m here to apply for the job of water boy on the Black Pearl.” She stuttered.
“Well then,” he said, gazing into her eyes, “You’re hired, and I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.”
He turned and began walking towards the Black Pearl, and Annabeth, confused, followed.
“That’s it?” she yelled over the commotion on the ship.
“Do you have any belongings you’d like to bring with you?” he asked, giving her an innocent look.
Quite flustered, Annabeth responded, “Not anything I don’t have right now, but-“
Before Annabeth could finish, Jack yelled, “Mr. Gibbs! Show this young lass to the water boy’s cabin.”
An older pirate appeared before him, but gave him a grave look and said, “Sir, it’s frightful bad luck to have a woman aboard.”
The captain sent him a nasty look, and Mr. Gibbs smiled nervously and stammered, “But women are always welcome aboard. Right this way, miss.” He carefully weaved his way through the crew of sweaty pirates and directed her to a wooden door. Inside, there was a small bed with clean sheets, and several shelves stocked with hardtack and flasks. In the corner was a barrel with a dripping water pipe.
“This is your cabin, miss…”
“Annabeth Raven, sir.”
“Ah, Miss Annabeth, then.”
Mr. Gibbs quickly summarized her job, which included filling the flasks, bringing them in at night, and doing odd jobs for the captain.
“Aye!” Annabeth declared, trying to sound like a pirate. Gibbs smiled good-naturedly and left the room. Though it was growing late and she was terribly hungry, she flopped onto the bed to think about the happenings of the day.