A Raven and a Sparrow

A Raven and a Sparrow: Part 3, Dinner with the Cap

A few hours later, a strange looking pirate with a wooden eye knocked on the door and came in. “Hello, miss. The captain requests that you dine with him in his cabin.”
Annabeth nodded uncertainly, and followed him as he said hurriedly, “Right this way, miss.”
Annabeth could barely keep up with him as he scurried along the deck, finally stopping at a large wooden door with a unique pattern inscribed on it. The pirate knocked twice, and a voice from inside called, “Come in.”
The pirate ushered her in and left. The room was dimly lit, and the table was covered in delicious foods. On the other end of the table was Captain Jack Sparrow. He motioned for her to sit. He hesitated, and then said, “Eat as much as you like. There’s plenty.”
Annabeth immediately dug into the food and soon cleaned her plate. Realizing that she should have waited for the captain, she wiped her mouth and apologized profusely. “Sorry captain, I just-“
“It’s fine, love. And you can call me Jack.” He interrupted. Annabeth blushed and stared at the floor. This only made Jack grin. “I bet you’ve had quite a day. Why don’t you go rest?”
Annabeth rose to leave and Jack said softly, “Sleep tight, mate.”
Annabeth retreated to her cabin and sank into the chilly but comfy bed. She sighed deeply and fell asleep.