Status: Active

Wonderwall

Chapter 16

Giselle woke the next day feeling sore all over. She sighed deeply as all the events from the previous night came back to her. She couldn't believe that she was going through all of this. She really couldn't believe her life right now.

"Stuff like this only happens in movies." she mumbled out.

"If I hadn't heard about this from the cops I would've said the same thing."

Giselle looked to her room door and saw her best friend Lynn standing there. Giselle's jaw dropped as she tried to find words to say.

"Your parents called me." she said walking over to the bed.

"My parents know?!" Giselle said in a panic.

"Yeah. In case you don't remember you had to go into surgery and they almost lost you. They had to call your family Giselle." Lynn explained.

"Shit." Giselle quietly.

"Shit is right. Your called me asking about where you were and I couldn't tell him. He was freaking out. He started talking in French and everything. Your family is so worried." Lynn said "If I wasn't under strict order not to stress you out I would hit you right now."

"Why?"

"Because you didn't tell me what was going on. I'm your best friend Gigi. You could've told me everything that was happening to you and I could've helped. I feel offended that you put all your trust in some guys you just met and not me." Lynn said

"It's not that Lynn. I trust you more than anyone but I just didn't want everyone to know. And I really didn't know Dave was coming after me."

"Wait so Dave is the one that shot you?" Lynn said shocked.

"Yeah. Remember the day I told you that I was going back to Louisiana because he abused me?" Giselle said

"Yeah…" Lynn said, waiting for more information.

"I was actually on my way when my car broke down. Dave followed me and tried to make me come back to Nevada. I said no and he started beating me in the middle of the road. This band passed by and saw so they stopped and helped me. Dave called me the next day and basically threatened me. So since my car was done for, the band offered to let me stay with them until they got to New Orleans for their show and then I could go home. I didn't want my family to find out and I didn't want to bring you into it. You don't understand how crazy Dave was Lynn. I didn't want to drag you down with me. I felt safe with the guys I met because it was a lot of them. I was surrounded by dudes all the time. I just felt safe there." Giselle explained.

"But if you were 'so safe' how come you were shot?" Lynn challenged.

"That…that's another long story." Giselle said sitting up slowly, hissing when she felt pain shot through her stomach.

"Do you need a doctor?" Lynn said standing up.

"No. No, I'm fine." Giselle said patting the empty space next to her.

Lynn walked over and took a seat next to her best friend.

"So, explain."

"Okay so, the band that found me, they're called Pierce the Veil."

"Woah. I've heard of them. They toured with Chiodos before." Lynn said

"What if I told you that Chiodos was one of the bands I met too?" Giselle said hesitantly.

Lynn looked over at Giselle with a shocked face. "Oh now I'm even more upset with you. I could've met them."

"You can still meet them. They're here still."

"Okay well I'm not as mad anymore. Continue." Lynn said smiling.

"Well I guess you can say I have a small thing with the lead singer Vic."

"Of Pierce the Veil?" Lynn said.

"Yeah. But another band called Asking Alexandria is on the tour too and their vocalist kinda likes me too, I guess."

"So you're caught in a love triangle? My girl!" Lynn said raising her hand for a high-five. "You're pulling two dudes right now. I'm impressed."

"Lynn, its not a good thing." Giselle said shaking her head.

"Why? Is the singer for Asking Alexandria ugly?"

"No. But he's very….forward and he doesn't know when to stop flirting. I've told him I don't like him in that way but he's trying to make me, which makes Vic mad." Giselle told her friend.

"So you like Vic as a potential boyfriend and you only want to be friends with Danny but they both like you and they're fighting for your attention?"

"Sort of. Danny knows that Vic and I like each other but he doesn't care. He is slightly the reason I was by myself last night. We had a plan that no matter where I went I would have someone with me. Danny and I were talking because we had a fight and I wanted to fix things. But he kissed me and Vic saw it. He got mad and stormed off and I went after Vic. That is when I bumped into Dave. Then when I was trying to find someone he attacked me."

"So basically I'm not going to like Danny?" Lynn said making Giselle laugh lightly.

"He really isn't that bad when he's not flirting with me. He's actually really cool. He just…doesn't know when to stop."

"Well who helped you last night?" Lynn asked

"Vic." Giselle said simply.

"I like this Vic guy."

"You and me both." Giselle said smiling.

"Okay you-" Lynn was interrupted by a knock on the door. The door opened and Giselle smiled when she saw Vic's smiling face. Mike, Jaime, Anna, Tony and Stephanie followed him inside the room. She noticed flowers in Vic's hands and balloons in Mike's.

"Why must you embarrass me?" Giselle said pointing at the balloons Mike held. "Dora the Explorer? Really?"

"Hey! This was all the store had. It's the thought that counts." Mike said pouting.

Giselle laughed and took the colorful balloons from her friend. "You're right. Thanks Mike."

Mike smiled and sat the balloons next to Giselle's bed and and gave her a soft hug.

"How are you feeling?" he asked moving to the side to make room for Vic.

"Alright, I guess. Better than last night." Giselle said running a hand through her hair.

"Well look at the bright side." Jaime began, "Now you're like, the coolest girl ever. I mean you have a scar from a bullet. You're like…a female 50 Cent." Jaime said making the room fall into laughter.

"I never thought of it that way Jaime." Giselle said laughing.

"There is a reason for that Gigi. You are normal." Stephanie said as Jaime rolled his eyes at her.

"I got these for you G." Vic said quietly standing by Giselle's side.

She smiled brightly and took the lilies from Vic's hand.

"They're beautiful Vic. Thank you." Giselle said grabbing his hand.

Vic wrapped his arms lightly around Giselle and pulled her to him. She pushed her face into his neck and kissed his soft skin. Vic chuckled and kissed her forehead before letting her go and putting his attention on Lynn.

"Oh, guys this is my best friend Lynn. Lynn, this is Vic, Mike, Jaime, Anna, Tony and Stephanie." Giselle said introducing everyone.

"Its nice to meet you all. Giselle has told me about you four." Lynn said pointing to the guys.

"Anna and Stephanie are Jaime and Tony's girlfriends. They're actually cooler than all of them." Giselle said winking at the two girls who began laughed at the frowns on the four boys' faces.

"That's mean." Mike said.

"I'm just kidding guys." she said smiling. "So where is everyone else?"

"They're still at the hotel. The AA and Chiodos dudes said they were coming to see you though." Tony replied.

"Oh my god." Lynn said putting her head in her hands.

"What's wrong?" Anna said worried.

"Oh Lynnie here is a huge and I mean HUGE fan of Chiodos. She's going to freak if she meets them."

"Well, isn't today your lucky day? You get to fangirl over your favorite band." MIke said smirking.

Everyone laughed at the blank look Lynn gave Mike. "You're not funny."

"I think so."

"Well I think you should give those jeans back to whatever fourteen year old girl you stole them from." Lynn said making everyone explode with laughter except Mike.

"Ha. Ha." Mike said monotonously.

"Don't get mad MIke. You shouldn't dish it if you can't take it." Stephanie said smirking.

"Shut up Steph." Mike mumbled.

"HIgh fucking five!" Jaime said laughing as he gave Lynn a high-five.

"Alright guys, let's act our age." Vic said trying to stop his chuckles. "Are you two hungry?"

"Very." Giselle said.

"We'll go get you something." Stephanie said grabbing Tony's hand. "What do you want?"

"Anything that isn't hospital food." Giselle said

"What about you?" Stephanie said looking at Lynn.

"Oh. Anything is good with me." she said with a smile.

Giselle watched Stephanie, Tony, Anna, Jaime, and Mike leave the room. She looked to her right to see Vic pulling a chair over to her bed.

"So you're the guy who saved my best friend?" Lynn said looking across the bed at Vic. "I should thank you."

"You really don't have to. I wasn't going to let Giselle get hurt." Vic said grabbing Giselle's hand. "I care about her a lot."

"I can tell." Lynn said. "But still, thank you for keeping her safe. I understand why she didn't want to tell me or her family so I'm just thankful that she had all of you guys to look after her."

"Well, in that case, you're welcome." Vic said smiling.

"That was the cutest moment ever." Giselle said making the three friends laugh.

She opened her mouth to speak again when her room door flew open. She looked up and into the the green eyes of her father.

"Ma chérie." he said before walking over to Giselle and pulling her into his arms.

Giselle's eyes watered as she felt three pairs of arms wrap around her. Her heart warmed knowing that her family was with her. She loved them more than anything and they were just what she needed to get through this. Her family and Lynn were her rocks. She could always depend on them.

"Je t'aime Giselle." her father spoke softly to her in her ear.

"Je t'amie pere."
♠ ♠ ♠
ma chérie = my dear
je t'aime = I love you
pere = dad

I've been horrible with the updates and i'm sorry for that.
I'll step it up, I promise.