Status: Active

Wonderwall

Chapter 2

Giselle woke up with a pounding headache, a sore face and aching ribs. She realized she was on a couch and that she was moving, so she immediately sat up hissing and grabbing her side softly.

“Shit that hurt.” She mumbled

“Do you need something for pain?”

Giselle looked up and saw a boy with spiky hair staring at her. She remembered running to him before passing out.

“Um yeah. I could take an aspirin about now.” She said with a weak smile.

He handed her a bottle of water and two pills. She quickly said thank you before downing both pills. She sat the water bottle beside her and looked back up at the guy in front of her.

“I’m Giselle.”

“Jaime.” He said

Giselle nodded and looked around the room she was in. It had televisions, game systems, DVDs everything you could use as entertainment.

“So where am I?” she asked moving over so Jaime could take a seat on the couch.

“You’re on our RV. We were on our way to Denver when we saw you and that guy.” Jaime said looking over at her. “Did you even know him?”

“Yeah, he is my ex. I was leaving him but I guess I wasn’t good enough at covering my tracks.” Giselle said running her fingers through her hair.

“Well we didn’t see any other car besides the one the guy left in.”

“My car broke down, I locked my keys inside my car, and my phone died. My only option was to walk. It started raining which is why I was wet. I guess he figured out what route I took and followed me. He pulled up while I was walking.” Giselle explained

“Well I guess it was a good thing we were passing then.” Jaime said

“Yeah. Thanks for stopping. I know a lot of people nowadays wouldn’t. I appreciate it.” She said gratefully

“Its no problem at all. We weren’t going to let the guy hurt you. Do you need to go to the hospital?” Jaime asked

“No. No hospitals.” Giselle said shaking her head, “I hate them.”

“Are you sure? You have to have bruising on your ribs.”

“I probably do but its nothing I haven’t dealt with before. I’ll be fine.” She reassured him.

Jaime nodded before Giselle saw another guy walk in the room. He was really tall and skinny with a lot of tattoos. She noticed he had clothes in his hands.

“You’re awake.” He stated

“I am.” Giselle said

“I brought you some clothes to change into. I know you don’t want to stay in the wet ones.” He said handing them to her.

“Uh thanks….” She said trailing off.

“Mike.”

“Thanks Mike.” Giselle said smiling. “Um is there a bathroom?”

“Yeah. Just walk out of here,” Mike said pointing to the door her just walked in. “and past the bunks and it’s the first door on the right.”

Giselle stood and nodded as she walked by Mike. She walked down the mini hallway filled with bunks and came to another door. She slid it open and walked into the front of the RV. Giselle looked up and immediately looked into a pair of brown eyes. The guy was a few inches taller than her. She noticed his tan skin and curly brown hair that was covered by a black beanie. He was on the smaller side and was dressed in a black t-shirt and skinny jeans. He sent her a small smile that she couldn’t help but think was cutest thing she had ever seen. She shyly smiled back.

“Hi.” He said

“Hi.”

“Are you feeling okay?” he asked

“I’m a little sore but I’ll live.” Giselle said shrugging

“Are you hungry or anything?”

“No. I just need to use the bathroom.” She said.

“Oh. Its right here.” The guy said pointing to the door to his left.

“Okay.”

The guy backed up and allowed Giselle to open the bathroom door. Giselle was about to close the door when she stopped and looked back.

“What’s your name?” she asked

“Vic.”

“Well Vic, I’m Giselle.” She said smiling before closing the door to the bathroom.

Giselle spent about ten minutes in the bathroom. She changed out of her wet clothes and put on the dry ones that Mike gave her. She spent the rest of the time looking at the cuts and bruises that were scattered across her body. She sighed softly before grabbing her clothes and exiting the bathroom. She noticed that the RV had stopped moving and looked around the front lounge and saw no one. She turned left and walked back towards the back room she was in with Mike and Jaime. When she got there she saw Jaime, Mike, Vic and one other guy standing in the room. When she entered they stopped talking.

“Well that’s not obvious.” She said sarcastically “If you’re talking about me, you can say so. I won’t get angry.”

“We just want to ask you some questions.” The other guy said, “I’m Tony by the way.”

“Giselle. Sure, ask away.”

“What are you going to do?” Jaime asked

“I don’t know. Get a hotel, I guess. I was on my way back to my hometown to see my family but I can’t show up there like this so I need to lay low somewhere until everything heals. Plus I still need to get my car.” Giselle explained

“Your family doesn’t know about your ex?” Jaime asked

“They know about him. They don’t know he hit me and my parents would be so disappointed in me if they found out. I don’t want them too so that’s why I have to wait.”

“Where is your hometown?” Tony asked

“Baton Rouge.” She said “I appreciate you guys helping me. I really do. But I understand how weird this situation is. So if you just drop me of somewhere. I can find someone to help me fix my car and I can be on my way.”

“We can’t just leave you stranded in Utah.” Vic said

“I’m pretty sure you guys have plans and they don’t involve me. I’ll be fine. I promise. Just drop me off at a hotel and I’ll be good.”

She noticed the guys give each other hesitant looks before looking back at her.

“I don’t know. I agree with Vic. We can’t leave you out here by yourself.” Mike said

“Yeah what if your ex finds you again?” Jaime said

Giselle bit her lip at that. She hadn’t thought about Dave coming back after her. If he could find her on a small dark road he could find her in a city.

“Look we’re in a band and we’re on tour right now. In a bout a week and a half or two weeks we’ll be in New Orleans playing a show. How about you just tag along with us until we get there. That way you can heal up and we can know you’re safe.” Jaime said, “I’ll don’t know what we would do if we left you here and we heard about you getting hurt on the news or something.”

“Yeah just hang with us for two weeks and we’ll drop you off in New Orleans when we get there.” Tony said

Giselle looked at the four boys standing in front of her. All of them wore hopeful faces.

“What about my car? Everything I own is in it. The only things I have on me now is some wet clothes, my dead phone and my wallet.” She said

“We have some friends meeting up with us in Denver. We can tell them to take the route we did and get your car. They can pop the lock; see if they can give it a jump. If they can I’ll have one of them drive it to Denver and then you can have it. If it doesn’t start we can have them put all of your stuff in their trailer and bring it to you.” Mike explained.

“ I don’t know…” Giselle said hesitantly

“I promise we’re not rapists or serial killers. We’ll make sure you’ll have fun with us these two weeks.” Jaime said

“And if you’re worried about being the only girl you won’t be. There are three more girls apart of this tour.” Vic said

“And if you love Mexican food, you are in the presence of master chefs. What’s better than homemade, authentic Mexican food?” Mike said

Giselle laughed lightly and shook her head.

“Do we have a deal?” Jaime asked

She thought about it for a few seconds before sighing and looking up.

“Deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a good feeling about this story.
I like writing it.
I'll update Have Faith In Me tomorrow.
Comment please? :)

\m/