Drop Dead.

Cheaters.

My nerves have finally calmed down by the time the food gets here. Our waitress passes the food around to each of us. Her eyes linger on Laker for a moment causing her cheeks to change to a light shade of pink. Laker glances at her with a blank stare and she quickly scurries off, nibbling nervously at her bottom lip.

“Girls,” Laker scoffs, shaking his head as if this were an everyday thing to him.

“Do girls do that to you often?” I ask.

He shrugs. “Eh…sometimes. Why? You jealous?”

I don’t know why but my cheeks suddenly become much warmer. Something about the way Laker is looking at me makes my insides tingle. The smirk on his face is far too conceited and I don’t know if I want to smack it off or ki…

My eyes widen at the realization of what my mind nearly slipped. Quickly looking away, I reply, “Hell no.”

Laker chuckles, “Yeah, keep telling yourself that.”

Thankfully, the conversation is dropped and changed to another when Mimi pulls me in. Laker is mostly quiet through out the rest of dinner, mainly because Mimi and Ken were trying their best to get to know Gel and I. Not that I slipped out much about me or my past because in all honesty, they don’t need to know it and I plan on keeping it a secret for a very long time, maybe even the rest of my life.

It’s late by the time we get home. Mimi helps Gel take her things to her room while Ken follows Laker and I. Once we reach my room, Ken leaves it to Laker and I. After he exits my room, I look towards Laker, who is taking out hangers to put my shirts on.

I bite my lip because part of me is not comfortable with him being in my room while the other is perfectly ok with it. But as I remember all the liars, the cheaters and the back stabbers in my life I get the feeling to kick him out and lock him out. How do I know if he won’t just suddenly do something to me? I don’t know what that something is but it could be anything and once again I’ll be a victim. I can’t let that happen.

“Get out,” I spat.

The way Laker looks at me tells me that he’s confused but I don’t explain. Pointing to the door, I say it once more. “Get out.”

The boy stares at me and sighs, “I swear, you’re bipolar.”

The glare I have on him only intensifies. He takes a step towards me and I bite my lip. He continues to advance towards me and I begin to growl. “What part of ‘get out’ don’t you understand?”

“Oh, I understand it just fine,” Laker replies. He stands before me with a hand in his pocket. Leaning over so that he’s eye to eye with me, he smirks and says, “It’s you that I don’t understand.”

“And I promise you that you never will.”

“We’ll see about that.” He flicks my nose and I flinch but before I can yell at him for it, he’s gone. I blink and stare dumbly at the door way. I hear the front door open and close, signaling that Laker had not only left my room but the house.

Sighing, I shake my head and start putting away my clothes. It doesn’t take long and once I’m finished, I go downstairs to find Gel sitting on the couch watching TV. I sit beside her and she grins for a second before frowning and asking, “Where’s Laker?”

“He left,” I reply. “Why does it matter?”

“I like Laker. He’s nice.”

My teeth grind together. “I hate him.”

Gel giggles and rests her head on my shoulder. “You hate everyone, Jinx.”

I shrug because that’s true. I do hate everyone, just about everyone anyways. People are shit. They’re cheaters, liars, backstabbers, jerks and assholes. There is nothing good about people. Although they seem nice or start out kind they just turn into complete shit. People these days are just useless, selfish and lazy. They don’t do anything for anyone, only for themselves.

They won’t help others unless it benefits them. They’ll stab you in the back if it’ll make their lives easier. No one else matters and no one can trust anyone. It’s just how it is.

For hours Gel, Ken, Mimi and I sit around watching TV. Gel eventually leaves us to go to bed but I’m still wide awake. Glancing at the clock, I see that it’s half past midnight. Sighing, I get up to leave the room but Ken calls for me. I look back at him and wait patiently for him to speak.

“Mimi and I were thinking about starting you two at school next week,” he says it more like a question, like he wants me to answer it and tell him if it’s ok. Ken shouldn’t do that because it’s obvious I don’t want to go to school. No kid does and I’m not different.

But…Gel might like it. Actually, I’m sure she would love it. She’s much more social able than me. Friends will flock to her like crazy.

“We can wait longer if you’d like,” Ken suggests but I shake my head.

“No…next week sounds good.” I bite my lip. It honestly doesn’t sound good at all but the longer we wait the less I’ll want to go.

“Mimi and I will talk to Gel about it tomorrow…oh and you’ll be going to Laker’s school so if you have any problems he’ll be there.”

If that was meant to comfort me, it didn’t. If anything that made me want to go there less. It’s hard enough to know that freak is across the street but now we’ll be attending the same school? Fuck me. This is really going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm staying home for half the school day today
Hell to the yeah ;D
And I updated faster! LE GASP!? YOU PROUD OF ME, HOMES?

Comment&Subscribe?