Status: In progress

'Til the End

Pasta, Rumors, and Worries

By the time Dan gets to my parents are already home. So, I give him a not-so-quick kiss and run into the house, even though I'm sure both my parents already know who I’ve been with.
When I walk in, I can smell my mom already starting dinner. She is stirring something on the stove with her cooking apron on. I sit on top of the counter with my daily apple.
“Hey, Ma”
“Hey, baby. How was your day?” She asks, half turning towards me.
“Good”, I respond, knowing the big question that is going to follow.
She puts the spoon that she was holding on the counter and tosses her long blond hair over her shoulder. “So, Debra told me you and Tommy broke up, but before you jump to conclusions, know that I was not prying”, she raises her hands in defense. When she notices that I'm not mad, she says, “Do you want to talk about it?”
“No, I'm ok”, I say, “Oh, and when you hear my newest business from Debra, remember that you trust me and that I have always made good decisions”.
She sighs and continues to stir the pasta. “No matter what people say to me about you, i`ll always know you’re a good girl, because you’re my girl”, she says with a grin.
I get off the counter a hug her. We exchange ‘I love you’ s and I walk toward the stairs.
When I have one foot on the stairs I ask her, “Hey mom?”
“Ya?” she turns from her pasta.
“Did Debra say how Thomas was doing?”
She puts down her spoon again, “He will be fine honey, I promise.”
I give her a slight smile and walk up the stairs. I just hope she’s right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to read at least one comment :(