One Day, One Chance, One Moment To Make Everything Alright

There's Just To Much That Time Cannot Erase

My eyes closed as I listened to the radio, the beating of the drums, the voice that helped me through so much. I bit my lip as the song came to an end. “Today we announce the winner of the Avenged Sevenfold competition,” my eyes shut, hoping it would be me, “Can we have a drum roll please,” tears formed in my eyes, I need this, I need to see them, “And the winners name is, Emma Mason.” I jumped up screaming, words could not describe how happy I was. I looked down at my packed bags, and everything hit me. I was going to meet Avenged Sevenfold. My head started spinning, and soon I was lying on the ground, passed out.

It was about five minutes later, I woke up. I opened my eyes to my mum screaming to my brother. “Mum,” I mumbled and moved my hand to rub my head.
“Ben she’s awake!” Mum screamed at my brother, then looked down at me, “Yes baby?”
“I won, I get to meet Avenged Sevenfold,” I whispered, and smiling moving onto my face. Mum looked at me, and then closed her eyes.
“False alarm,” She screamed to my brother. I giggled and got up. “So everything is alright?” She asked making sure I was alright.
“Yup,” I said and walked over to the radio, switching it to audio in. I plugged my iPod in, and Avenged Sevenfold came pounding out of the speakers. I was going to meet them...

xXxXx 1 Month Later xXxXx

I looked at the door in front of me. My eyes shut and I knocked quietly on the door. It was 9am, and I was standing on M. Shadows porch, I was knocking on his door. My eyes opened, as Brian opened the door. I bit my lip and opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He was standing right in front of me, Synyster Gates. A smile formed on his beautiful face, “Emma, is it?”

I nodded my head, still speechless. He chuckled and opened the door further. “Well come in lassie, we have been waiting for you,” I nodded my head again, while walking in. Brian showed me into the lounge, where I saw the rest of the gang. Val and Matt snuggled up on a two seating couch. Zacky, Gena and Michelle on the three seating couch, while Johnny and Lacey were on another two seating couch. All of them quietened down as they noticed me.

“Hey there gorgeous,” Zacky said and winked at me.
I smiled and said, “Hey Zacky.” He grinned at me, and looked me up and down. “Hey everyone,” I said aiming this to everyone.
They all smiled and said hey or hello back. So everything is going fine now, will it stay this way. “How old are you?” M. Shadows asked me.
I bit my lip and looked at my converse. “15,” I mumbled and looked up at him.
“So you’re a young teenager, do you play an instruments?” Johnny asked, as me and Brian sat down on another couch. Brian was spread out over the couch, while I sat with my legs crossed.
“I play the drums, guitar and I sing,” I mumbled and looked around at them all.
“Guitar? Awesome,” Brian said and smiled at me. “So how good are you?” He asked and looked at me; both he and Zacky were looking at me.
I bit my lip and smiled, “I can play all your music.” And of course, I could play a lot more, but that wasn’t too important.
“Want to show us how good you are; maybe show us how good of a singer you are to?” Matt asked as he got up and started heading to a door.
“Um, okay,” I mumbled and looked around at the faces. Within minutes I was overwhelmed by two things. Jimmy was standing there, smiling as he watched Matt give me a guitar. I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw his smile. He was alive. “Your, your alive?” I questioned and bit my lip.
“Just for this one day,” He said and smiled at me. I nodded my head as I placed that guitar on my lap, and checked to see if it’s tuned.
I looked over at Jimmy, “can I sing my own song, which I wrote?”
Jimmy nodded his head, and the others smiled. “Of course you can,” Michelle said, smiling at me.

“This song, I wrote it a few days after you died Jimmy,” I bit my lip and thought about what more to say.
“Go on,” He whispers, smiling at me. His face, his eyes, and the way he watches me. It was always what I wanted. To see him, to be with him, it had been my dream since the first song I heard.
“I really looked up to you, you had been my idol, you helped me through so much,” I mumbled and smiled at him. His smile that formed on his face, “You were everything to me, when you died, a big piece of me died to.”

“I had that impact on many people,” He chuckled, the others laughed to. I smiled a bit more, feeling calm, feeling happy. This was the time I could make my dreams come true. I could sing my song to them. “So your song?” He asked, he was eager to here the song.
“This is my chance to make my dreams come true,” I mumbled, and started strumming the strings of the acoustic guitar. (This song is from Evanescence, called My Immortal, it’s not really mine)
“I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Because your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me
by your resonating light
But now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me...” Tears formed into my eyes, as I looked around at the others. They were both surprised about how I was an alright singer, how I could play guitar, and how beautiful my song was.
“These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me...” As I sung the last part of my song to them. Everything disappeared, it was just me and Jimmy and darkness surrounded us. I walked over to him, and hugged him tightly. I felt his arms wrap around my arms. I cried into his chest and mumbled, “I love you Jimmy, and you were the best drummer in the world.”
Ring, ring, ring, ring, I opened my eyes to realize, that was all just a dream. A beautiful dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is my one shot for this contest.
1,318 words.
Thanks,
Emma.