‹ Prequel: Please Read The Letter

Bleeding Love

1/1.

They yellow gold light swept over Emma's fair body as she moved around the bed. She felt her silk sheet beneath her, she also felt another person.

She turned over seeing a stranger. A naked stranger at that.

Damn. Damn it all. 'What the hell did I do last night?' Emma thought, the whiskey was definitely not a good idea.

What was his name, Darrin? David? Daniel? D something. Dammit. No not that.

He peeked his eyes open groggily and looked at her confused. "Emily?" he asked trying desperately to remember her name. She shook her head. "Emma." she corrected. He nodded trying to collect his own thoughts from the night before.

Emma heard the front door slam and her name being called throughout her apartment. She looked at 'D' frightened, knowing the voice belonged to one Zachary James Baker. Her bedroom door swung open, and there stood the devil himself. The man who had Emma's heart in a vice grip like none other. She was and had been in love with him since high school. Of course he was oblivious to it, and went from blonde tramp to blonde tramp.

Emma gasped and pulled the sheet cover her body. 'D' however did little to cover his glory, the sheet laid loosely and dangerously low on his hips.

Zack's eyes scanned the scene before him. His best friend in bed with man. Naked. He had imagined Emma naked before he wasn't going to lie, he hadn't even dreamed about her on the occasion. He was a guy after all.

"Emily?" The man mumbled again. Zack looked at Emma confused. She had an one night stand? She was not that type at all. And the guy didn't even know her name.

"It's Emma." Zack growled. He wanted to protect his best friend. But he also couldn't deny the small amount of jealousy that emitted from his stomach.

"Whoa man, calm down." Douchbag said again, now fully awake. Getting up to get his clothes presumably, and then leave hopefully.

"Erin. I had fun last night." The guy winked before strolling towards the door to leave.

Zack heard the front door close, and his eyes went back to Emma's. She looked guilty. She was always afraid to disappoint everybody.

"What the hell Emma? He didn't even know your name." Zack nearly yelled. His anger wasn't directed to her, it was this situation, and the fact that this jealousy was eating at him.

"Zack." Emma said calmly, "Why do you care?" She rolled her eyes.

"Why do I care? Em, Why the hell do I care?!" He roared, starting to pace.

"Zacky, you need to calm down, I'm an adult I can easily make my own decisions without judgement. Especially from a friend." She said standing wrapping the sheet around her frail, fair nude body. Zack visibly gulped when he watched her move towards the bathroom door.

"Ems I'm just worried, that isn't like you." Zack said softly, taking a step to her.

She put her hand up, signaling him to save it. "Zack I'm going to shower. I don't want to talk about this. It's not your business." and with that statement she shut the door in his face.

Zack looked at the black door shocked. Not his business? She was his business. She was one of the biggest parts of his life. I mean Gena was his on and off again girlfriend. But Emma was always there.

Right now he and Gena were in the off mode and Zack just wanted to chill, which was the reason he came to Emma's to take her to breakfast. That plan went to hell.

He walked downstairs sitting on the couch waiting for Emma to come down stairs. They needed to talk.

Emma turned on the radio, and listen to it while she showered. She normally didn't do this sort of thing but she didn't want to think.

Closed off from love
I didn't need the pain
Once or twice was enough
And it was all in vain
Time starts to pass
Before you know it you're frozen


Emitted from the small speakers on the counter. God Leona was definitely on to how she felt.

But something happened
For the very first time with you
My heart melts into the ground
Found something true
And everyone's looking round
Thinking I'm going crazy

But I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein
That I keep on closing
You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
I keep bleeding
I keep, keep bleeding love
Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
You cut me open


She sang loudly hoping to take her mind off of it, but in actuality it made her think. She needed to fix this. She was going to tell Zack straight up and whatever the answer she was going to move with life. With or without him. It was necessary for her sanity.

------------------------------------

Emma walked downstairs after getting dressed and doing her hair. She was dressed simply, in skinny jeans, a old ass Avenged shirt from when they first started, and flip flops. She didn't care. She didn't have plans today.

Zack watch her from the kitchen as he sipped his tea. She was pretty perfect. Her curves they were completely perfect. She wasn't terribly skinny, she was muscular, if anything. She was gorgeous. Her brown eyes were intense. He couldn't believe it took him this long just to look at her this way. She was the opposite of every other relationship he'd ever had.

She turned seeing Zack sitting at the island in the kitchen and jumped not expecting him to still be here. Her face scowled at the conversation they were about to endure.

"Stealing my tea huh, Baker?" She joked hoping to lighten the mood. She didn't want to talk about last night it was already a huge mistake in her book.

"Emma, I have a question." Zack said stirring his tea with spoon focusing on it, not her.

"Shoot." Emma said getting the Trix out of the top cabinet. Zack smiled at her choice, she was adorable.

"Why a one nighter?" he asked. Emma face palmed.

"I don't know, because it hurts a fucking lot not being able to have the one I actually want." Emma said quietly. He was blind to her feelings so he wouldn't think twice of it she knew that much. But Zack knew exactly what she meant, and he felt the same way. The entire hour and a half she spent getting ready and showering, he thought and over thought his feelings.

He had feelings for Emma. Romantic ones. He couldn't say he loved her. But if things went well he could see himself loving a girl like her.

"Well who is the lucky guy?" Zack asked softly. Smirking.

"You wouldn't want to know Zack," she mumbled.

"But I do. Please? I'm your best friend!" Zack pleaded. He really needed to know.

She turned quickly glaring at him. She was getting irritated.

"You really want to fucking know Zack?!" She yelled. He nodded meekly. "Fine Zack you! I want you! I have for years! And I've always been on the fucking back burner, to girls who are prettier, skinnier, better than me and---" Zack cut her off with a rough kiss to her lips.

Emma who was completely unprepared for that, was slow to respond to the kiss but when she did she felt fireworks. Explosions and tingles, that left her lips numb.

Zack pulled away, leaning his forehead to hers. "Em don't you for one second think you are inadequate, you are fucking perfect." He whispered.

She looked up to him stunned.

He chuckled at her expression. "Em when I saw you with that guy this morning, I was so fucking jealous. Honestly I wanted to kill him for touching you. That's when I knew, that's when I knew that you weren't just Emma the friend. You were something more." He spoke softly, rubbing his thumbs over her cheeks, as he cupped her face.

"No joke?" She asked quietly.

He just laughed. She was so innocent. "No joke. Em I want to be with you." he said grazing his lips over hers, making her breathing hitch and heart heart flutter.

"You got it Baker." She smiled kissing his lips fully and passionately.

He smiled a bit into the kiss. But was thanking God, he gave him a chance with someone like her. Emma thought the same thing as they pulled apart and she looked into the green depths that memorized her. They were going to this. They actually were going to give it a try. After 10 years of chasing Emma got what she wanted, and Zack realized that she was in front of him entire time.

I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh. I love this one shot. I had this idea and haven't been able to get it out my head all stinking day. So I wrote it I had to write it down or I was going to go insane. But comment and tell what you guys think?!! Pleaseee!