Long Live the Car Crash Hearts

I'll Never Let Him Hurt You

I opened my eyes to see my son jumping up and down on my bed.

"Wake up mommy." He said. I smiled and looked up at Frankie who was grinning.

"Yeah get up and get dressed so we can drive to good old NJ." He said.

"Alright I'm up." I said sitting up and taking little Frank in my arms. I handed him to his uncle and stood up. I walked over to my bag got some clothes and walked into the little bathroom.
I took off my pyjamas and put on my clothes for the day which consisted of a knee length black skirt, fishnets, a black and white striped long sleeve shirt, a misfits hoodie and some black and white converse. I brushed my hair and my teeth and walked out of the bathroom. Frankie smiled.

"You look nice." He said.

"Well thank you. Are we ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep lets go." We walked out of the room and I walked back to the car while Frankie went to return the room key. I put Frank in his carseat and put our bags in the trunk. By that time Frankie had returned and we got in the car. We pulled out of the parking lot and got back on the open highway. I was so nervous to see my dad again. I hadn't seen him since my mom's funeral 4 years ago.

"Your nervous aren't you?" Frankie questioned not even taking his eyes off the road.

"How did you know." I said.

"When your nervous you bite your lip." He stated. I didn't notice it but I was biting my lip. He chuckled.

"Yeah I'm nervous." I admitted.

"Don't be afraid. I'll never let him hurt you". He said sort of quoting a line from 'Vampires will never hurt you'. I chuckled.

"Thanks Frankie," I said.

"No problem kid." I smiled. I must have fallen asleep because I opened my eyes and we were right in front of the house that I grew up in and standing right in front of it was none other than my dad.